Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:55 am

Mama- that stinks! Maybe it's still too early though.

Mrsk- I've heard of implantation dips and right now would be perfect timing. As for being dry, if you are just now implanting then you wouldn't have any symptoms yet.

I was able to bd last night but when I went to the bathroom and wiped, there was some spotting. By the morning it was gone. I've heard of o spotting and I guess that could be it but now it's got me worried. I used an opk last night and it was dark but not the same or darker. Then this morning it was same as last night. I would think by now I would see it getting fainter. It's my first time using wondfos so not sure how they work yet. Will retest again tonight.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm

I like your positivity Sky lol Youre better than me! I usually get bad lower back pain/aches before AF and that hasnt happened yet but the "period poops" as I like to call them have begun lol (sorry TMI) Although a new symptom of SUPER sensitive and full feeling boobs has started today...thats never been an AF symptom for me but i had it when I was pregnant with my son. I might be reading into things again lol Really anything could be a new symptom of AF now since im sure everything will be different for me now. I got the mirena at my 6 week pp after I had my son and just had it removed in july...so almost 6 years without AF. Things are bound to be different for me now!

Sky, I sometimes spot after DTD...maybe that could be it??
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Mama- you aren't out until AF shows- it sounds like you still have some good symptoms happening! Where do you find info about bad batches of tests?

Sky-yay for bd'ing! I also sometimes have spotting after bd'ing (depending how "rough" - tmi sorry!) so that could be it or the ovulation spotting as well- either way it sounds like you have timed bd'ing really well this cycle! What dpo do you think you are? 2?

I spoke to soon about the CM being dry- holy cow lol! I checked it just now and my cervix is super high and CM is abundant again with creamy colored blobs that stretch a good inch or so - never had this before! I have felt some twinges on and off in my abdomen today but I wouldn't call them all out cramps. I am 7dpo and usually by 8dpo my temps start their decline, so I am curious to see what tomorrow brings :)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Mama- lol period poops. I know exactly what you're talking about. Omg! 6 years without af I would love that. I hate af whether or not I'm ttc.

Mrsk- it could very well be from rough bd ;) so I will remain hopeful. I'm thinking I am 1 or 2dpo. I had ewcm yesterday and that has dried up today. I heard you dry up after o. Lots of cm sounds promising. I always look for that as well because it always seems to be a pregnancy symptom.

The next couple days are going to be hectic. I work a 4am-5pm shift tomorrow then after that I have to prep for the big hurricane that's suppose to be hitting us. That's going to keep me busy for a couple days but not in a good way. Pray for me ladies! I will update any chance I get.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MrsK20173 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:06 pm

Sky- best of luck weathering the hurricane!! Stay safe and I will say a prayer for you :)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Mrs K when I was googling getting a positive and then negatives, it came up as a result. I looked and it said that there was a particular batch that was no good on that brand. I called the company and theyre sending me new ones so its all fixed...doesnt make it suck any less though!

Im curious about your temps too! I ordered a BBT that should be here monday or tuesday...we'll see how i do with it!

Sky-the period poops are the worst! I forgot how much they sucked since I havent dealt with them in a while lol I was one of the lucky ones that had no AF on the mirena...from what my friends have told me it doesnt happen to everyone!

Where are you located Sky?? I'll be thinking of you for sure! My sister is near Orlando...luckily they arent one of the "bad" areas, but shes my baby sister so I'd have preferred if she had evacuated altogether. Stay safe hun!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Mama- I took the depo shot years ago and that never stopped af for me. It actually made me spot for about 3 months. Never took it again after that lol.
I am located in the Tampa Bay Area. I would say right in between Tampa and Orlando. I'm a publix manager so calling out to evacuate wasn't an option for me. We are boarding up the windows and riding it out.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MrsK20173 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:22 am

Well bbt is still elevated (97.85) today, and usually by 8dpo it starts to descend, 9dpo it takes a big drop, and 10dpo is when it plummets and AF starts. So I am cautiously optimistic that it is still elevated (and higher than yesterday). It likely is just the clomid doing its job because I believe it is supposed to help lengthen lp, so even if that's the only reason it is still up I will take it because clearly my normal lp is pretty short!

Mama, i am glad the company is sending you new tests but I am sure that doesn't make you feel
Any better about it :/ ugh, how frustrating! I feel like I see a lot of stories on here about faulty tests. Hopefully your "period poops" (lol) are really early pregnant poops instead! ;)

Sky- oh my! You are right in the midst of the store! Please be safe!! Did your place of employment tell you that you couldn't evacuate? Not quite sure why publix is? Saying a prayer for you!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:18 am

Mrsk- that sounds promising. Anything out of the norm can be a good sign. Are you gonna test before af is due?

We were able to evacuate if we wanted to but I am against missing work. The storm wasn't looking too bad til yesterday and by then it was too late. Publix is a grocery store so we have been crazy busy the last couple days.
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MrsK20173 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:31 am

Sky- I won't rest until at least Monday (10dpo) which is when I would typically get AF. If my temp is still up by then I will be a little more optimistic. Only time will tell and I guess all I can do is wait ...2 more excruciating days lol I got ya about not leaving- I bet you guys are swamped right about now :/

Anything to report today Mama?
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Skylight026 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Mrsk- only 2 more days..so close yet so far.

Yes we were so busy today. Originally we were suppose to close at 8 tonight but they decided to close us at 3. I ended up working 4am-445pm. It's suppose to hit us tomorrow night. Db got the windows boarded and sand bags out. We are prepared as best as we can.

Today is 2dpo and I know the next couple days are gonna go by fast but after that it's going to dragggg....
Skylight026
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:44 pm

Sorry ladies! We had a fall fun family day today so I was tied up all day lol Nothing new...still no AF which is odd. I was scheduled to get it anywhere from friday to monday and here I am just before midnight saturday night and nothing. But I dont *feel pregnant* anymore either so who knows. I highly doubt i am so Im not holding my breath!

The temp thing is interesting for you MrsK! Im riveted to see what happens! I'll probably have lots of questions for you when I start temping lol

Im gearing up to go hardcore for our next baby making week with some more girl swaying things...supplements, ions, diet, etc lol Hubby thinks im nuts but if I dont try as hard as I can, I know I'll regret it later!

Sky Ive been thinking about you! Glad youre taking all your precautions! im sure you know these things already, but I'll throw them out there in case...put any valuables or things you want to save (photos, files, etc) in the dishwasher since its waterproof and throw ice in the washer with your drinks etc to keep them cool. Shower and vacuum as much as possible before things get bad because who knows when you'll be able to again! I have a friend in a bad area of florida who said she and her family downloaded the app called "zello" which is a walkie talkie app for when service goes out. Its a direct line so she can keep in touch. I made my sister get it and we've been testing it out just in case...its actually pretty fun!

Ok sorry thats all ive got. Can you tell im a worrier?? lol Not trying to tell you your business, just trying to help anyone I can! Good luck girl...Ive been thinking of you so much. Update us when you can and stay safe <3
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:28 am

Morning ladies!
Mama- a fall fun day sounds like fun! We have one to go to next weekend- as much as I hate to see summer turn into fall, I do love all of the fall festivities (apple picking, pumpkins, apple cider and donuts haha). When your thermometer comes and you start tracking just let me know if you have any questions! I definitely suggest downloading the fertility friend app if you don't already have it! It's free (the first month there are all kinds of bells and whistles and after the first month you do have to pay for those but the basics are still free) and a great place to plug in your temps. it also can help you determine your O day based on temps/opks/CM.

Sky- I hope you all are safe today and over the next few days! I like your positive spin that at least the hurricane will make your first few days of the TWW go by fast!!

AFM, my temp went down to 97.61 this morning (still well above cover but the lowest it has been since O) so I have a feeling my descent towards AF has started. I also don't "feel" pregnant so at this point I am just waiting for
My temp to drop and AF to start. I am headed to the pharmacy today to pick up my new clomid prescription (100mg up from 50mg last cycle), some B12 complex vitamins, and hopefully some over the counter progesterone cream. At this point it appears that my progesterone levels an short LP are definitely the issue. So I need to address those and hopefully that will result in my bfp (hopefully sooner than later)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:12 pm

MrsK it was a blast! We had such a fun day and the BEST apple cider donuts Ive had in my entire life lol And I bake A LOT so im picky! Ive got the FF app, flo, and ovia. I also use the site Countdown to Pregnancy (wish they had an app!). It might be excessive, but I downloaded them all to see which I liked best and then I liked different aspects from each so I just kept them all lol Looks like I spoke too soon last night...AF reared her ugly head this morning :( What are you using the B12 for?? Thats a girl swaying supplement fyi! Maybe it might help you get a girl, fingers crossed!

Thinking of you Sky! Im sure we probably wont hear from you for a while but I hope youre doing ok!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Mama- I love to bake also! And apple cider donuts are my jam haha ( I could probably eat my weight in them ...happily). I use FF and Ovia as my two apps although I think I prefer FF :) the graph of the bbt for me is much easier to read and I am a very data oriented person (i.e.- math and science nerd) so I need that.

Ugh, sorry about AF- but you are just that much closer to O day again now. Are you guys officially trying this month? What kind of things do you have to help with your girls swaying this month ? I am going to take a b50 complex (so it has 50mg of each of the b vitamins) this cycle because it is supposed to help with progesterone production and many people report it helps lengthen their LP. Since in my past few cycles my LP has only been 9 days I want to do anything I can to lengthen it and give that egg a chance to implant- and if it just so happens to give me a girl- who am I to complain? ;) at this point I am just waiting for my temp to drop and AF to start. My stomach has felt awful all day- I am not sure if it's cramps or what, it just feels blah. I am thinking AF will either be tomorrow or maybe Tuesday at the latest. And then I will be joining you for the start of a new cycle!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation