Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Difference between "low" OPK and high/peak??

Postby Skylight026 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Mama- sorry af came for you. Keeping my fingers crossed for you next cycle.

Mrsk- you are getting close to test day. Are you having any symptoms?

I am about 3/4 dpo so nothing for me.
Great news ladies. The hurricane has weakened. We should only be getting a cat 1 now. It's a lot better than a 3-4 so I'll take it. It's suppose to hit a little west of me or directly over. We will see as it gets closer. It's suppose to be coming in at about 12am. I probably will be up all not. Still have power unlike the rest of the city so we are really lucky. Been cooking all day just in case.
Thanks ladies for your prayers and advice!
Skylight026
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:20 pm

MrsK do you have specific things you like to bake or just anything?? I have a small cake and baked goods business out of my house...mostly custom cakes but I'll make whatever my clients ask for lol

We are officially trying! Hubby decided literally one day after i ovulated that we would give it our all now hahaha Im taking vitex, maca, cranberry, magnesium/calcium/zinc, and acidophilus supplements and hubby takes macuna dopa, maca, cranberry, licorice root, and acidophilus. We both eat/drink acidifying things and test our pH. Timing sex. I use all sorts of lavender scented lotions, soaps, etc and have a lavender wax warmer in the bedroom. Himalayan salt lamp in the bedroom. I wear an amethyst necklace. And we keep a wooden spoon and a pink onesie under the mattress. The lavender, amethyst, and salt lamp all have to do with the negative ions for swaying girl. And the onesie and spoon are an old wives tale. I know it all sounds crazy but im going all out LOL

Progesterone and B vitamins are both good for girls so maybe it will bring you one!

Sky so glad it weakened! I was watching some news coverage of Irma and how the ocean has "disappeared" in some areas. So crazy! Glad youre in a better area than those and poor Miami under water. Fingers crossed you keep your power!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Sky-that is great news about the hurricane! It sounds like you may luck out- probably a good idea to be prepared just in case, but it sounds like you have that covered ;) you will have to keep us posted of any symptoms you may have crop up!

Mama- omg, no way! That is literally my dream come true! I would love to run a baked goods business from home lol- I focus a lot on healthier versions of classics and using alternative flours/ sweeteners. I went on a huge health kick a few years ago but I have the biggest sweet tooth so I was always trying to make my guilty pleasures a little less guilty lol. I bring pretty much everything I make to the teachers room a few times a month and everything always get eaten so it must not taste too badly ;).

AFM, depending on bbt tomorrow - I may test in the morning. If temp drops again I won't bother because I will know that AF is coming (I usually have 2 days where is descends and then plummets the third day, it went down today so if goes down again tomorrow I will assume AF will show up Tuesday). If for some crazy reason my temp goes back up or stays the same I will test. I don't "feel" preggers though? The only things I have noticed are that my bb's are really veiny (although it's one of those things where I am questioning if that always happens before AF?) and I have had some crampy type feelings on and off all day today but I always get crampy before AF too so who knows. At this point I think only the bbt will tell! Fingers crossed it stays up!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:17 pm

MrsK I used to play with healthy alternatives all the time! I made all my son's food when he was a baby and we did baby led weaning (no purees just real food) with him so I was always trying to find healthy versions of things for him. I also have experimented a lot with sugar free/low carb because my FIL and Grandpa are diabetic. Im most famous for my chocolate chip cookies though...I literally spent about ten years trying to perfect the recipe lol

Fingers crossed for the temp for you!!

Im starting to wonder if i may have had a chemical pregnancy now. As I mentioned, i didnt have a period for a long time, so i feel like im learning again. The first day has been super heavy (for me) since ive been having AF again. Im a tampon user and had a super one in for about 4 hours. TMI but I went to pee and wiped and there was lots of blood and then I noticed it was in my underwear too. I was surprised I had saturated the tampon already but went to change it. Pulled it out and it was super heavily soaked at the string side but not soaked through on the other side. It looked almost like clots on the bottom of the cotton part where it meets the string. Im not sure if im making sense but hopefully you'll understand. Ive never had this happen before so with the clots Im wondering if it was a chemical pregnancy and that would explain all the preggo symptoms??
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:41 am

I had a biiiig long post written and it erased on me! So I will re-write later, but for now I will just post my test from this morning - temps were still elevated so I figured why not- please tell me you see that line too?!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (66.22 KiB) Viewed 530 times
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:13 am

I totally see it! Omg how exciting!!!!

My suspicions were unfortunately correct. After having even more clots and BAD cramping I tested and it came out positive :( Oh well...it's a new month!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:53 am

Mama- oh no :( I am SO sorry!! I have heard of a few people saying that they were "extra" fertile in the month following a chemical- so fingers crossed that the next cycle is it for you! I am still in shock right now- I 100% did not expect to see a line this morning- I need to pee on about 500 more things before I believe it's real though. I will test again tonight and tomorrow am with a frer. Please say a prayer for me!
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:17 am

I'm crossing everything for you! Fingers, toes, eyes...lol keep me posted on what it says tonight!

Good to know about people being extra fertile after a chemical! That makes me feel much better. These cramps are NO joke man. Holy crap!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Holy crap no denying that!!! Omg I am in total and utter shock right now . My initial appt withe nurse to check levels is 9/27 and they are calling me back tomorrow to let me know if the doctor wants me on progesterone because my levels were so low. Have I said holy sh*t yet?

Mama- my best friend had a chemical 2 years ago and the next cycle got pregnant with her son, and I have read a number of stories of that happening to other women- so there is definitely a good chance! I am sorry you are feeling some bad cramps right now :/ those are the worst.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (29.61 KiB) Viewed 514 times
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Omg im so happy for you!!!! Im actually teary eyed seeing this right now! Congrats Mama, this is so so exciting!!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Thank you SO much :) I will keep you posted on progress if you are interested! I will also keep you in my prayers for this next cycle that is starting <3
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Absolutely Im interested! Im hoping to join you next month so definitely keep me posted! And tell me where on here you'll be so I can follow lol I havent really followed many other threads other than my own on here so far because its hard to read from my phone. I wish there was an app! Did you tell hubby yet?! If so, how did you tell him and how did he react??
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:42 pm

Hehe :) I made a post on the poas forum earlier today but no place else yet! I hope you will join me next month also! It has been SO helpful to have people to talk to through this process! I did tell hubby - I had intended on doing something fun and exciting but as soon as he walked through the door I got this huge grin on my face and said "I have to show you something" lol - not very romantic or creative I know but I was just so overwhelmed/excited

Definitely keep me posted as to how things are progressing for you - prayers that your bfp is close by <3
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MrsK20173 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:44 pm

And in terms of his reaction he had a matching big grin on his face and he grabbed me right in for a bear hug :) which just about made my day b/c my first husbands response to my last pregnancy (my son) was "what are you going to do about it" (can you see why we got divorced lol)
MrsK20173
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Awww I don't blame you for not being able to hide it! That's why I planned ahead so I know how I'll tell my hubby already and won't have to come up with something lol

I hear you on having people to talk it out with. When I was pregnant with my son, I joined a forum on the WTE site for his birth month May 2012. We all went through pregnancy together and then made a Facebook group that I'm still part of. We've shared it all from pregnancy symptoms to first day of kindergarten! It's amazing!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to Ovulation