Ovulation? Pink tinged EWCM??

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ovulation? Pink tinged EWCM??

Postby MD0610 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:19 am

Hello ladies?

Has anyone else ever had a pink/orange clear EWCM before?

Back story: this is my first month off of BCP after 22 months on it(i understand everyone is different and my body can be out of whack). DH and i have been BDing every other day from cd7 to cd12 and every day from cd13 to today cd17. However on cd13 or 14 after BD and laying down for 10 mins i got up and a glop of pink/orange clear mucus came out. Now my first thought is i mustve teared alil from BD since DH is well endowed, its happened before but usually I'll have alil itching due to healing for 2 days then done but this time i havent had any itching. 2nd thought was that it was just DH sperm with my CM mixed and coming out however he is 100% positive that its mostly or all me because he has never had "see through" sperm, it is always cloudy or white. He then says maybe its implantation spotting but explained to him that it would be super soon for that and highly unlikely ive also been taking opk every day since cd7 and all have been neg but we BD anyway. Im not sue for my period if my body goes back to normal til sept 13. Because of the BC i have no true idea when i ovulate or if i have already because maybe i missed the LH surge with the opk.

Im just curious if anyone else has ever had that type of CM and if its a sign of anything?

** adding we BD last night cd16 and in the beg i was quite "dry" during most of it really and not that it hurt but it was just more uncomfortable than usual.

Any and all thoughts welcomed!
MD0610
Friend

Re: Ovulation? Pink tinged EWCM??

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:39 pm

Pink or orange cm of any kind simply means that there's a little blood mixed in. Sometimes your cervix gets bumped or a blood vessel pops- both very common things to have happen during BD.

If you were feeling dry last night, that's a good indication that you probably O'd. It's possible you had a little spotting around O time that mixed with what was left of your fertile cm as well.

All in all I'd say it probably doesn't mean much, good or bad. ;)
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MD0610 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:45 am

Thank you! I'm started to chart my CM and I guess listen to my body more but it's so new that everything I feel or seen I run to google lol. I know when I was on BC I ALWAYS had creamy/ lotion CM I should expect AF sept 13/14 but if I don't I'll assume it's my body getting regular again after BC or maybe it's possible to be first time TTC luck!? Fingers crossed :)
MD0610
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:07 am

You never know! Good luck!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BreeAndJoe081415 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:40 pm

I have that kind of cm every time I ovulate. It's supposedly a strong O. I've read that it's the egg bursting from the ovary. It can also be related to hormones. High levels of estroGen can cause spotting as well.
TTC #1 since May 2015
DH: 31, good SA. Me: 28, Stage 2 Endometriosis. Ectopic with rupture May 2016, right salpingectomy, open but damaged left tube
OPK, preeseed, fertilAid for men, fertilCM, prenatals, daily aspirin. 3 cycles Clomid with timed intercourse- BFNs
Now seeing Reproductive Endocrinology for further testing...
BreeAndJoe081415
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MD0610 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:00 am

Thats good to know too!

I actually got a positive smiley on my clear blue pok this morning so now o have no idea what to think lol. This whole time i thought i just missed my lh surge but i guess not!
MD0610
Friend

Return to Ovulation