Chemical Pregnancy

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Chemical Pregnancy

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:19 am

I am on day two of bleeding from a chemical and have read some conflicting things. Ive seen people saying they get positive OPKs right after bleeding stops and some saying you should do your OPKs as you normally would (not immediately after). Anyone have experience with this?? Should I start my OPK around CD9 like I normally would or start right after I stop bleeding?? Thanks!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Chemical Pregnancy

Postby g4408380 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:35 am

Hi dear. I am happy that you are searching answers in such renowned forum and I am sure you will get better answers. A chemical pregnancy can have no symptoms. Some women have an early miscarriage without realizing they were pregnant. For women who do have symptoms, these may include menstrual-like stomach cramping and vaginal bleeding within days of getting a positive pregnancy result. It’s important to note that bleeding after a positive pregnancy test doesn’t always mean a chemical pregnancy. Bleeding is also common during implantation, which is when the embryo attaches to the uterus. This process can rupture or damage tiny blood vessels along the uterine lining, resulting in the release of blood. Spotting often appears as a pinkish or brownish discharge. This is normally 10 to 14 days after conception. A chemical pregnancy doesn’t usually last long enough to cause pregnancy-related symptoms like nausea and fatigue. To get it more clear I suggest you to consult a good gynecologist like I did in Ukraine and his tips worked like magic on me. Best wishes for your future to get a healthy child. Be safe and stay blessed.
g4408380

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear it was a chemical. :( With really early losses, you have a good chance of things going back to normal pretty quickly. Both of mine (lost right around 5 weeks) were that way. I did get a patch of ewcm around CD 6 both times that threw me off, so I was using opk's from then until O and it was a little different that normal. Both times, the random ewcm went away and then returned around normal time. But my opk's looked almost positive from CD 6 or 7 until they actually went positive about 10 days later, which is normal timing for me.

In general, though, kind of anything goes after a loss. It's not unusual to O early, late, or occasionally not at all that first cycle. I'd just watch for your usual fertile signs and bd whenever you see ewcm to be safe.

Sorry you're having to even ask these questions. I hope your next pregnancy is your sticky bean. <3
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Thanks ladies. Thank you so much BeeCee. I had a miscarriage around ten years ago or so but I was not trying at the time (quite the opposite actually!) so as upsetting as it was, I wasnt really paying attention to the same things. Ive been doing my OPKs daily and the first day it was on the darker side (like it looks 3-4 days before a positive) and then it went light. I dont want to miss anything so I'll probably keep testing once daily until I get a positive. I just started temping today too so hopefully I can figure that out lol
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Hopefully things go right back to normal for you. Best of luck!
Me (Becca): 31 DH:36

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/27/15

My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MamaLynseyLoo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks! Fingers crossed!
MamaLynseyLoo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby sonamgupta2107 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:00 am

Hi dear. I also suffered an early loss a few months ago and my period ended up being a little heavier. I took another HPT a few days after I started bleeding and since it was negative I didn't bother calling my doctor. When I talked to her about it at my yearly physical last week she said that the most important thing is that your HCG levels go back to zero. Since I had that negative test and then had a regular period the next month I knew my body had dealt with it fine. I would advise calling a doctor if something feels wrong or especially painful but otherwise, your body will probably take care of it on its own. It’s amazing how attached you can become to something you only knew for such a short time. I feel for you. If you want someone to talk to about it or have any other questions feel free to PM me. Right now I am consulting with the best Clinic in Ukraine, Lotus Clinic to conceive and their tips are helping. Hope it helps.
sonamgupta2107
Friend

Return to Ovulation