1st time ovulation testing

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

1st time ovulation testing

Postby miss18teach » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:22 pm

This is my first time using ovulation tests. Do these look like positive tests? When you get a positive 2 days in a row does that mean you are still ovulating, or about to ovulate? I tested early because I felt a twinge and thought better safe than sorry since I missed my last ovulation. To my surprise, it looked like a positive test on CD7. I tested again tonight and it still looks positive. Any thoughts/advice is appreciated.
Attachments
CD8.jpg
Cycle Day 8
CD8.jpg (25.99 KiB) Viewed 204 times
CD7.jpg
Cycle Day 7
CD7.jpg (54.42 KiB) Viewed 204 times
miss18teach
Friend

Re: 1st time ovulation testing

Postby Danaa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Cd7 test looks positive to me,cd8 is very close to positive but not quite there.
Every body is different but they do say that you ovulate 12-36h after your positive opk buut I had cycles where I had two days of positive opks and ovulated two days after my last positive opk,can't really know for sure unless you temp.
My advice to you is to keep taking opks just to be sure is not ur body gearing up to ovulation and not ovulating until later because cd7 is quite early for a positive opk.
My opks look very close to positive until arrived cd9-10 and they get lighter and only after that I get a real positive test.
This being ur first time using them I would continue taking them until I see the test line really faint.
Good luck.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: 1st time ovulation testing

Postby miss18teach » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Thanks Danaa! I bought a big box off of Amazon so I have plenty to keep testing. I also started tracking my BBT during my last cycle. So hopefully that will help me as well. My temp did drop on CD7 to 96.6 and this morning (CD8) it was 96.9. I'm just hoping that it will give me a clear answer between the opk's and the temps. I need answers to give to my Dr. so during my next cycle we can have a successful IUI.
miss18teach
Friend

Return to Ovulation