O and still spotting from AF... I'm I out? :(

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

O and still spotting from AF... I'm I out? :(

Postby geeky_gab » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:37 am

Ladies!
I went for my 6th IUI, first with injectibles, two days ago, on CD10. I surged super early, with follies at 22 and 20 on CD9, thanks to Menopur.. I was super happy about that but since I have low projesterone (suspected, never validated by RE), I always spot from my period until CD10... I spotted quite a bit on the day of the IUI and on 1DPO. What do you think, do I still have a chance from this cycle? I am on Prometrium until the test on 14DPO.
I was really positive going into this cycle since I responded well but I am afraid my uterus isn't collaborating this time again... I've never had a natural (or medicated) BFP
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October BFN
On to IVF! Hoping to start stims in December.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: O and still spotting from AF... I'm I out? :(

Postby Danaa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:55 am

Have you had a baseline scan?
Spotting during the follicular phase is not a sign of low progesterone,it could be that your lining gets too thick and there for needs more time to shed,it could be a sign of hormonal Imbalance or fibroids but also it could be normal,I think ur doctor could answer this questions.
I think yes you do have a chance of getting pregnant.
Have they checked ur lining before the iui or before the trigger?Did they said how thick it was?!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby geeky_gab » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:30 am

Hi Danaa,
Good to see you again :)
The scan on CD9 showed my endometrium was at 10, and the doctor said we were good to go with the IUI the next day. I always had very heavy AF, especially as a teen. It calmed down with the pill and started to get really looong since we started the treatments almost two years ago. I had a big fibroid (pedunculated, outside the uterus) removed in May. I have a smaller one, submucosal 2cm) so I guess that might be why no Dr really bothered investigating the long period... I was wondering about low progesterone since I've never had a BFP in my life, despite trying for 3 years so I am a bit worried that some issues might have been overlooked
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Hello again,I think you should get ur progesterone tested when you get ur betas tested as well.
No pregnancy doesn't necessarily means low pregnancy it could be many other things.
Has ur partner been tested?all good with him?
This other fibroid can prevent implantation?!
I saw in ur signature that you are 36,I don't mean to be rude but I was wondering if you thought about Ivf?After 4-5 iui's the chances of succeeding are pretty low to be honest and sadly age is an important factor when ttc.
I have no idea what to say besides wishing you good luck and praying you get a bfp this cycle but in case it doesn't happen I wouldn't spend anymore money on iui until I get a second opinion about your fibroids,endometriosis and how can that affect implantation.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby geeky_gab » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks Danaa,
I don't mind you asking, we have been planning for it :)

In Montreal, we are covered until 9 IUI so I only have to pay for about 50% of the total worth of the meds. All procedures are covered. We kept on with the IUI since the lap revealed light endo and the RE recommended we consider "not counting" the first four IUIs. We still have two to go with Menopur if this one doesn't work. After that, it's on to IVF for which we have been saving for the last year.

We've all had our tests, DH's sperm count, motility and shape is all good. I had a full checkup during the surgery, tubes, ovaries are all good. Egg count is above average for my age but I did not have tests for their "quality"... I had metabolic and all the other routine testing which came back clear. So we really are in that "unexplained" category. I will ask about being tested for the progesterone however, since I am taking Prometrium I guess that could impact the numbers..
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:39 pm

The progesterone won't affect your result by much,if is low it will be on the low side.
Omg,that is awesome,9iui for free is awesome,you should continue with them.
All I can say is good luck!!!I hope you get ur bfp soon!!!
Ivf is damn expensive but totally worth it when u see those two pink lines.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Ovulation