ClearBlue Digital Ovulation Sticks - when to DTD?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

ClearBlue Digital Ovulation Sticks - when to DTD?

Postby Flumpsickle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi everybody.
This is my second month using the ClearBlue digital ovulation smiley sticks and although I have thoroughly read the instructions and scoured the internet extensively I can't seem to find a clear answer to my question!
My partner works away and comes home on leave for 4 day periods.  He is trying to plan his leave for the days I ovulate and using the sticks I have tried to work out when is best.
Because he can't be here for long we only have a few nights in a row that we can TTC.
So far we have DTD on the final night of a flashing smiley and the two nights of a solid smiley but both times it has ended with BFN.
Therefore I am wondering if we are doing it at the wrong time.
Would it be better to DTD on the solid smiley days and the one after the smiley has gone?  Or to DTD on the flashing days but not the solid days?  Or maybe DTD on the second solid smiley day and the two days after when the smile has gone?
I would really appreciate some help with this.  The instructions say peak fertility on the smiley days but does that mean I am ovulating them or is it just that the LH is raised and I will ovulate later?
Looking forward to some replies - and thank you!
Flumpsickle

Re: ClearBlue Digital Ovulation Sticks - when to DTD?

Postby Skylight026 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi flumpsickle!

I think you are timing bd well. The flashing smiley indicates a rise in estrogen and the solid means a rise in lh which means ovulation is near. Peaks are the best days to do it but once it detects a rise in lh, ovulation can take place between 12-36hrs. So I would dtd for at least the 2 days following peak. I would also keep doing it on the high days if you can. You have to remember that even if you are bd at the right times there's no guaranteed that you will conceive. Just keep doing what you are doing, try not to stress, and have fun! Good luck!!
Skylight026
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Ovulation