2 seperate positive OPK

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2 seperate positive OPK

Postby Sharmon90 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi ladies, first time poster, really need some help. We have been ttc for the last 4 months after one first miscarriage. The last two month I've been using ovuplan to test my ovulation as I'm not on a 35-40 day cycle. This month I have three apps tracking my cycle the first one said I would ovulate on the 20th the other two said the 27th of December. I did an ovulation test on the 18th Dec and it came back positive. Just for curiosity I did another one on the 24th it came back negative, I did one on the 25th and it was almost positive and today it has come back as positive. What does this mean? So I was positive OPK on the 18th and a positive OPK today the 27th.
Sharmon90
Friend

Re: 2 seperate positive OPK

Postby Sharmon90 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:23 pm

Sorry ladies for the time difference I'm in Australia and obviously didn't choose the right time frame.
Sharmon90
Friend

Postby 860lindsey » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:10 pm

Well it could be a couple of things...first are you temping to know if you did ovulate after the positive in the 18th? Your body can gear up to ovulate and then not, and then gear up again so that could be the two positives. Also, you always have some of the hormone in your body so you always get somewhat of a line in the test spot. In addition, I've read that you can get a positive opk when you are pregnant. But if your hcg is high enough to make an opk positive it should be high enough for a pregnancy test.
860lindsey
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Sharmon90 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:58 pm

I have read in the internet alot of what you have said so thanks heaps for the reply. I have no idea which one is right or not just have to wait and see I guess. I have been feeling a little funny, bit nauseous, needing to eat or I'll be sick kind of feeling but apparently you can feel that way during ovulation too. My cycle isn't due to start until the 10th of Jan so guess I'll just have to be patient which is the hardest part. Just having two seperate positives a week after is confusing me.
Sharmon90
Friend

Postby Sharmon90 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:59 pm

Oh and no I'm not charting temps. I will start that soon if this one isn't successful
Sharmon90
Friend

Return to Ovulation