Not ovulating...Seriously??!!

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Not ovulating...Seriously??!!

Postby makeababy18 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi guys!! Long term lurker here and finally had to post.

I got my Mirena removed 9/6/17 and started TTC right then.

Month 1 (October)- No positive OPK's
Month 2 (November)- No positive OPK's and 52 day cycle!!!
Month 3(December)- Started temping, I'm currently on CD 27 and no temp spike or positive OPK. Grrrrrrrrrrrr......

My Dr doesn't seem to care but I'm freaking out and would like some help/suggestions!!!
makeababy18

Re: Not ovulating...Seriously??!!

Postby Kaylaw1986 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:58 pm

I feel for you! If you are actively trying for a baby and not ovulating and your doctor doesn’t care?? That’s unacceptable. I think I would look for another doctor if possible. Best of luck!
Kaylaw1986

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi there!

I can't even tell you how many AWFUL stories I have heard about the Mirena. I had 2 friends with it and both of them had the worst time. One didn't get her normal cycle back for 5 months and the other didn't normalize for almost a year!

Is it that your doc "doesn't care" or is it that your doc "isn't concerned"? Those are two very different things. If your doc is not concerned then it's likely because they know it takes time for your body to regulate after any hormonal birth control, and 2.5 cycles isn't long enough yet for your body to balance itself. If your doc doesn't care, then I agree with kaylaw - get a new doc ASAP.

If it is any consolation, I didn't get a positive OPK (but I did get a temp spike) the cycle I got pregnant with my son. Can you post a screenshot of your current chart?
Me (Lindsey) - 40
DH/love of my life - 46
DD Fiona Jayne - Dec 21, 2015 at 39+4 (BFP Apr 10, 2015 @10dpo) Our sweet solstice baby!
DS Ciaran Reeves - Feb 13, 2017 at 39+4 (BFP June 8, 2016 @13dpo) Best Valentine's gift ever!
"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

BFP March 27, 2018 at 11dpo - BLIGHTED OVUM discovered at 10 week ultrasound - D&C

TTC #3 now on hold until we get moved to Australia and settled.

My Ovulation Chart
HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mariewinsin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Hey there. I hope that you're doing good. Okay, so you're also on a journey of ttc. I must say, it's really hard. Okay, so Mirena is basically a device that secretes levonorgestrel. Usually used for birth controls. Once it is removed, fertility comes back to normal very quickly. That's why doctors recommend adding folic acids to your diet before getting it removed. As the pregnancy strongly depends upon you cycles. An average couple takes 4-6 months to conceive after having it removed. After one year 85- 90% couples conceive. Your doc is not putting much effort into this because he knows your timings. Maybe he's just waiting for you to complete 4-6 months. So don't worry. It's totally normal. And of course, the body takes time to get on the normal track. So relax and don't stress yourself. It will be fine. I hope that this helped you. Take care of yourself. Best of luck.
Mariewinsin
Friend

Postby Asinclair1988 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:35 am

Hey, usually you have to be actively trying for a year before your GP will bother with you.

I’ve been TTC for 30 cycles and still not getting much help!
Asinclair1988

Postby Julelabee » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Hey start testing a week after your period. You might ovulated early or missing your surge. Good luck give it a year before you worry. Good luck :) sex everything other day is recommended.
Julelabee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Ovulation