Too late?

The Big O! Everything OVULATION related goes here, including OPK pics, questions about ovulation, etc.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Too late?

Postby Ashleycowart1 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:12 pm

I’m not sure if this is the right board to post in and I’m so confused at this point. Okay so my period was May 9-14th. According to fertility friend I ovulate tomorrow. Well I been having unprotected sex the last 3 days, no pulling out or anything. I’m on bc but haven’t been taking the pills like I should. So I know I’m not covered by it. Anyways, I took an Ella today, and I read you shouldn’t take it while on Bc. But I also think I’m ovulating today, cause I got the cramps like every month. So what I really want to know. Has anyone ever taken an Ella, during ovulation or a day before ovulation? And it ended up a pregnancy? And if you take it during ovulation since it doesn’t end a pregnancy does it delay ovulation?
Ashleycowart1
Friend

Re: Too late?

Postby Randilynn86 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:33 am

The morning after pill stops your ovary from releasing an egg. It is highly effective. There are probably other ways it combats pregnancy, too. I think it is recommended you take it after unprotected sex if you haven't taken your birth control appropriately, as you said. I think they don't want you to take both because they're both doses of hormones. If you're on BC and using it correctly you dont need the morning after pill.

It says to take it within 72 hours of sex so you might not be to late.

Your menstrual cycle does get heavily affected by this pill as it is a high dose of hormones. I took it once almost a decade ago and it messed me up for two cycles straight. It can cause cramps.

You wouldn't be getting ovulation cramps while on BC pills. Your cramps might be something else.

GL
Randilynn86
Friend

Postby EstrellaS » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:09 am

This evidence isn't really convincing, to be honest. Don't want to give you false hope. I think your best chance is waiting for it. Either that or get an appointment. That should definitely clear things up. It will give you a better idea of where you are at. Good luck, though!
EstrellaS
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hannahdavid » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:03 pm

It could be that way. I think you should have taken it within 72 hours. However, I would say wait for 2ww. Things will really start to make sense during this time. If you notice some unusual symptoms it could be that you're pregnant. I would say do a pregnancy test after 11 days. Good luck to you. I am going to be starting IVF. This is going to be my 2nd cycle. The first one didn't work out and I was honestly so disappointed. I am hoping for the best now. For this new cycle, I am visiting a different clinic. They are more experienced and have a high success rate. Good luck to you. I hope things go well for you.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby AmySmith » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:47 am

Yeah, I think it's a bit too late. I wouldn't completely rule it out, though. Depends majorly on your condition. If you get any symptoms, update us! I'd love to see how it goes. Either way, time should really clear it up for you. Good luck with it!
AmySmith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SandraTiano » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi Ashley! It's hard to say anything at this point. I think you should wait for some days. Maybe that will clear out somethings. If you are still not satisfied then visit a doctor. The doctor will be able to clear things out for you. Don't worry even if it didn't work, there are many ways out with which you can conceive. Treatments like IVF, IUI, and Surrogacy are quite successful. I had both of my babies through surrogacy so I can assure you that it's safe and secure. But to make it work you need to opt for a good clinic. Just do some research before opting for any clinic. Good luck! Stay blessed! Bye!
SandraTiano

Postby Xenia » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:29 am

Ashley, honey! I hope you're doing okay. It definitely looks like it's a little late. You don't have to worry too much about it. There are plenty of solutions to all kinds of problems. So, I would suggest you look into them. IVF and IUI could be a good way to go about it. I can help you with that, I have a bit of experience in this regard. Just hit me up, if you need information regarding them. Make sure you choose a good clinic for this treatment. You can't trust every clinic. Good luck to you! Please keep the faith. You can get through this. I hope your luck turns around. Keep us posted on how it goes. I'll be waiting to hear from you.
Xenia
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Ovulation