Any succes Stories on......

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Any succes Stories on......

Postby wantbfp » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Anyone have any success with using Mucinex?
I am trying it for the first time this month and hoping it works. If it doesnt I will be using mucinex, preseed, and charting my temp next month.
wantbfp
Friend

Postby waitingsux » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:25 am

Hello there!! Ive been doing a lot of reaearch forthe past couple months and I have not seen too many success stories on Mucinex. I have been seeing hurdreds of success stories on Soy Isoflovanes. Im giving it a shot this month! I started last night and hoping it works miracles for me as it has for others! Have u heard of it? And what CD r u on? Maybe we can be buddys??
waitingsux

Postby wantbfp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:42 am

Hello.... I have heard a little about Isoflovanes but not enough to know what it is just mostly people talking about it on forums. I will have to check into it. I went ahead and started Mucinex this month, hopefully it will work!! KMFX. I am on Cd 11.....and bding Eod until the 22nd! GL to you, Please keep me informed on Iso please. Also what Cd are you on??
wantbfp
Friend

Postby waitingsux » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:29 am

Im on CD3 only :( You are a little ahead but maybe if the Mucinex works for you and I dont have success this month, I will have to try it. I started the SI last night. 80mg. One of the side effects are headaches, and I def have that. But from what Ive researched, its very common and goes away after the 5 days. I think Im going to do 80mg tonight and tomorrow, 120mg the next 2 days. I know you cant exceed more then 200mg a day, and no longer for 5 days. People do it on different 5 days, but what Ive read, I see a lot of success with CD3-Cd7, so thats what Im trying. If it doesnt work, it doesnt work, but its all worth a try. I figure, if it cant do any harm, then why not?! Im also doing 2000mg of Evening Primrose Oil. Thats suppose to help a lot with CM. Which I think might be my problem. I will def keep you posted on the SI. Im excited about it, and for some reason, I think it might work!! I hope Im not getting my hopes up too high :? I know last month was heartbreaking disappointment, but I didnt try anything. I hope this works for you, and you get your BFP this month. Are you trying for #1, #2, or #3? Good luck to you and hope to hear from you soon!
waitingsux

Postby wantbfp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:50 am

I am trying for #1..... How about you? We have been trying for 15 mths been to the doctor and everything checks out fine, so I guess maybe its our timing idk. It is so frustrating!!! I also have a good feeling that this is the month! But probably just getting my hopes up I tend to do that a lot. Have you tried Preseed?? On the other forum I am on a lot of girls have been using it and its worked for them... I thought if my mucinex didnt work this month then I will try Preseed and SI next cycle, hopefully I wont have to though :) KMFX.... Lots of baby dust your way :fingers crossed
wantbfp
Friend

Postby waitingsux » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:05 am

#1, huh? How exciting. We are trying for #3. I always wanted 4 but with my son, who was the first was so big (9lbs 9ozs) I had no choice but to have a C-section which only allows 3 :cry: Thats why I really wanted to try the SI. I hear it is the natural form of Clomid which has a tendency to increase your chances in having twins. Im probably asking for too much, haha, buttttt....maybe if you ask, you shall receive :wink: That would be awesome. I have normal cycles. a little long sometimes. somewhere between 28-31days. I have an app on my phone that keeps tracks of your cycles and tell you when Your "O", and it has been 100% accurate since I started using it a yr ago. I get "O" pain, so I know exactly when I "O". Which saves me from having to use OPK. I just hope this works for me. I just cant stand the disappointment every month, and having to wait for the next cycle, and then the 2 wks, and so on. Waiting, waiting, and more waiting. We'll both keep our fingers crossed. And toes too :wink: As the day has been going on, Im contemplating upping my dose like I said earlier. I dont think I can bare worse headaches :cry: BFP BFP BFP for both of us...yeahhhhhhh!! :)
waitingsux

Postby wantbfp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:16 pm

Yes #1 :D I know I posted in the TTC #2 or more but that was just because I was wondering if anyone had used mucinex for previous BFP's.......Wow #3 Thats a lot of babies lol I am just hoping that I am able to have at least 2 and twins would be awesome, But I will take what I can get! I cant say that I have ever felt O pains but AF has been irregular forever its just been on track since April so I have to use the opks or I would never know when I Oed. I was on birth control for a year and when we decided to stop taking it I thought I would get my bfp right away but I guess thats not always the case :( It just really frustrates me because I know that we will be good parents and there are so many people out there that are having babies that dont want them.....I just seen on the news there was a baby found in a dumpster.... BREAKS my heart!!! I just dont get it! Sorry im just rambling on..... But I also have an app on my phone and I think it seems to be right on with the doc and my opks, I would be lost with out it :) It gives me something to look at while I WAIT ugh I hate the waiting too I wish there was a bigger fertile window it would make things a little easier :) Im pretty sure I should be able to test on Halloween!!! Which I know i will poas way before then :) .........I hope we both get our Bfp SOON. Have you done the temp thing?? I thought about doing that if this month is a no go.
wantbfp
Friend

Postby waitingsux » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:11 am

Ugh!! Dont talk to me about about POAS!! I work for a research center and Im the one and only lab tech here. I do all the blood work, vitals, EKG's and any other test you can think of for the whole office. This gives me 100% access to unlimited pregnancy tests. Last month I found myself using them every time I had to pee! Lets just say...it was a repetitive disappointment, day after day, pee after pee. I promised myself I wouldnt do that this month. With my daughter, I just knew I was pregnant!! I took 100 tests, even one at my doc's office and they all were BFN! Finally the day after my missed period, I got my BFP. I think Im going to hold out as long as I can, unless I have sure signs that HCG is going to be present. I cant do that to myself again. So, I continued on with my SI. Last night I took it, literally before I laid down for bed, and guess what?? NO headache!! I think Im going to try upping my dose tonight, and see what happens. I figure if I feel like crap tomorrow when I get up, at least its Saturday, and I'll be able to deal with it, not having to be at work. I just hope and hope and hope this works. I told my husband we have to BD every other at night at the least. Of course he's one of those who would never disagree :wink: I think Im just so ahead of myself in planning in getting things ready, that I want to get my BFP as soon as possible to get the process going. Yeah, you can say Im a little impatient, lol :D Remember, I got everything crossed for us this month!! By the way, how old are you? Im just asking out of curiosity. Well, hope to hear from you soon. Its nice having someone to talk to about this who doesnt know me directly, because I know when I finally get my BFP, Im not telling anyone until I cant hide it anymore. I want this one to be extra extra special, since it will be my last :cry: Looking forward for your reply :D
waitingsux

Postby wantbfp » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:57 am

O no theres no way I could work around free test.... I would be going crazy lol. I have been thinking about not taking as much mucinex I am taking 2400 mg a day right now but I think its giving me headaches :( Bad ones! So I think Im going to go to 1200 mg idk I just want it to work this month.......And it is very nice to talk with someone that knows what your going through, everyone around me is very supportive but they dont have a clue how dissapointing it is when AF comes month after month. And oooo how I would love to be able to NOT tell anyone for a few months but I already know that I will be to excited and not be able to keep it in!!! Btw I am 27....How about you? My doctor wants us to start Bding tonight and continue EOD until the 22nd so we are pretty excited about that :jump: Once again GL to you!!
wantbfp
Friend

Postby waitingsux » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Its #1 for you. Of course you'll be too excited to keep it a secret. Trust me. Ive been there :wink: The hard part for me this time, is not finding out what it is. I figure I have a DD and a DS, so lets make it a big surprise. My DH says he wants to know, but wont tell me. Yeah...sure!! I will make that the first note in my chart at my first appt. DO NOT TELL DH WHAT IT IS!!! LOL....It'll be on the front of my chart like an allergy stick. lol!! Im 28 btw...which is awesome, cause we're so close in age working on the same project :D I would cut down on the Mucinex if its giving you bad headaches. How long are you suppose to take it? I have a slight thyroid problem, and I read somewhere that SI can suck up all the Iodine in your body giving you a sucky thyroid problem. I just started taking it anyway because my Endo and all other Doc's have told me, its not so bad, and I should just be able to deal with it without medication. I mostly just get a slight choking feeling like my throat is really dry, or maybe slightly swollen inside the membranes. Ive been feeling that the last couple hours today as my lips have been extra dry. My throat a little scratchy. But it also happens to me when my allergies flair up. Im just a big mess. I keep telling myself that if it is the SI making me feeling this, then be a big girl...its only for 3 more nights. I just dont want to give up in the middle of it. Like I told you before, I feel like its going to work. That gut feeling thing, that us women get!! Has your headache gotten any better? I hope its not the Mucinex so you dont have to stop :cry: Hope to hear from you again soon with some updates!!
waitingsux

Return to TTC #2 or more