TTC #2 after Mirena

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC #2 after Mirena

Postby heyboogie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm on my third cycle since having my Mirena removed in late December. I had a chemical pregnancy in the second cycle, bleeding started January 6th. I am currently 13dpo and just started AF a day early. I really, really thought I was pregnant this time, I had every symptom in the book. I'm seriously bummed out. I feel like Mirena messed me up and now I can't get pregnant. I know I haven't been TTC that long but with my son it took once and I want another baby so badly. Onto the next cycle I guess...
heyboogie

Postby Bella_86 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:32 pm

I am also ttc #2. I had the Paraguard (copper) IUD for a little over 6 years. Got it taken out Feb. 1 of this year, and to my surprise, my OPK said positive that night! So my husband and I BD'd that night and the next. Found out we were pregnant April 3, but at my first appointment (I would have been about 2 1/2 months) found out there was no heartbeat. So now we are ttc again. I have wondered if there's a connection b/w miscarriages and having trouble getting pregnant after having an IUD. but, I have researched it alot, and it seems like after the Mirena, the hormones really mess people up. I'm sure it's just like the pill, where it can take up to 6 months for the hormones to get back to normal.

I'm sure it will be soon for you, good luck!
Bella_86
Friend

Postby kksmom09 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Hello ladies I had my Mirena IUD removed Dec. 1, 2011 I had 3 days of removal bleeding then I got an actual period Jan. 30, 2012 after almost two years of no periods ya it was super heavy lol tmi since then I have had no bleeding at all June 1st I made an appt with my obgyn he suggested I take Provera 10mg for ten days then start clomid 50mg cd 5-9 the day after my last provera pill I started my period I am currently CD 5 and just took my first clomid pill to help me ovulate I would bet 100% that Mirena messed up my cycle and ovulation because my lovely 3 year old DD was conceived Nautural only a few cycles ttc back when I was semi regular lol
kksmom09

Return to TTC #2 or more