need some support

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

need some support

Postby Chigirl33 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:23 am

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. DH and I are both 35 and have a 2y.o. DS. We are TTC since Nov' 11.

I have to admit that I am excited and anxious to be PG again, but nervous about the added responsibility of having a second - i.e. dividing your time between both, not losing your sanity, etc. Both DH and I work full time, but my DH has a flexible schedule so he is home most days with our DS (he is a firefighter). I'll be honest, I really want to have #2 especially for a sibling for my DS, but I am scared i can handle two kids!!!

any advice or others feelign the same or is it just me?-LOL!
Chigirl33
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maybeaboynow » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:06 pm

it will be wonderful!
we are ttc#3 and cannot think of a moment when regretted having the second

GL to you!:)
Me 37 :hb: DH 39
:babyg: 2003
:babyg: 2008
:babyg: 2012
:babyb: due in April

Image[/url]Make a pregnancy ticker

My Ovulation Chart[/url]
maybeaboynow
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aaronsmummy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:44 am

i also have a 2 year old son and we started TTC#2 in june last year...i would love him to have a sibling! since then i had a loss in october and joined this website for support (many women my age just don't understand)

anyway, in the group of ladies i was talking too who all had losses around the same time as me, ALL are now pregnant and i had to tear myself away from the boards as it was too depressing to hear all their 'success after loss' stories with me being left behind...

i am not worried about my son, he will be a great big brother - i know it! but it is very disheartening at 5 months since my miscarriage and i'm beginning to wonder now what approach to take,

should i step-up our efforts and go the OPK route to be sure we are hitting the right time in my cycle? or just 'chill' as SO many people say and keep living life as normal just not trying not preventing? since the approach hasn't worked so far i am at a loss...it is easy for friends to tell you to take it easy but they have no idea what we go through!!

sorry to rant...good luck on your TTC journey!!

:babydustg: x
aaronsmummy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby oktober84 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:15 pm

This feeling is completely normal :) think of it as something similar to cold feet days before a wedding. There is no rational explanation for these feelings. You already have one so you know the ups and downs of finances and daily life and its perfectly normal to wonder if you will be able to cope with another lil one. Only you can figure out if you can look past these feelings and really enjoy the future prospects. GL :)
oktober84
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby saraek » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:21 am

I know how you feel! DH and I started TTC#2 when DD was about 9 months old (we have fertility issues so we didn't want to wait too long). Every now and then I get a little panicky about adding another baby to the family, especially on days when DD is sick, or acting like a major pill ;) So I understand the cold feet!
Me - 31
DH - 33
TTC since 2/2005
DD Gracie born 6/18/10
TTC #2 since 3/2011
4/2012 - Follistim/IUI #2
5/17 - BFP!
BETA: 1200
6/11 - Twins! HB 147 & 170
saraek
TTC Queen
TTC Queen