Too soon?

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Too soon?

Postby bri78 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:28 pm

DS turns 1 on May 10th, and already I've been playing with the idea of having another. :shock: I think I have DH on board as well. My sibs are all at least 10 years older than me, so I basically grew up as an only child. It was very lonely, and I do not want that for my kids! But is this too soon? Will I end up wishing I had waited?

I have no idea what having a 2 year old is like, so I'm scared I may be biting off more than I can chew based on how well DS behaves now. And I'll be in nursing school for a year or two starting fall 2013 so DS would be about 4 before I would get the chance to have another.
DS- 1
NOT ttc #2

Dx PCOS 2010
DCI has restored O!

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/292826">My Ovulation Chart</a>
bri78

Postby lorna1984 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:18 am

Do what you feel is right for you & your family :D Having a 2 year old is hard Im not going to lie but its also great, Emilie is very independent of course she has her moments but don't we all?

When my brother went from one to two children he said the first few weeks were hard but after the routine set in it was fine

Good luck :mrgreen:
Me - 27
DH - 32
Emilie 5/12/2009 - 10Ibs 8oz
TTC#2 since April 2012

lorna1984
Friend

Postby PDXMama » Thu May 03, 2012 11:03 am

There are 14 months between our oldest two girls and 24 months between the middle and the youngest. Having done that, I'm of the opinion that around 18 months would be the perfect age gap. :) If you're wanting to know more about what life with two under two is like check out the blog at www,babybunching.com, it's a now defunct blog but there are oodles of posts there all about having kids less than 2 years apart. I love how bonded my girls are being so close together. :)
Me (Molly)- 28
DH - 32
MC 13 weeks 2004
Ruptured Ectopic 8 weeks 2005 (lost a tube)
Diagnosed PCOS 2006
DD1 2008, DD2 2009 & DD3 2011
TTC #4 since Nov. 2011
PDXMama
Friend

Postby xXxJessicaxXx » Thu May 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Hello hun,

I have been trying for baby number 2 since my little girl was about 2/3 month's old as iv always wanted my children to have the relationship and friendship iv had with my sister's and brother as most of us are around the same age.

Older sis 25
2 MC's (my mum had inbetween me and my big sis)
Me 21
Younger sis 20 in july
Younger sis 18
Younger sis 11
Younger bro 8

But still 2 years later no luck for me. I agree 2 year old's can be a handful but also really good. I would love to have had another baby by now to see my DD and her little bro/sis together as she love's baby's. Go with what you feel is best hun. every one is different. Good luck with what ever you go with. x x x
xXxJessicaxXx
Friend

Postby bri78 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Jessica - I'm sorry its taken so long for you, I really hope you get your BFP soon!

You guys are giving me hope! The babybunching site seems great, it should help a lot.
DS- 1
NOT ttc #2

Dx PCOS 2010
DCI has restored O!

bri78

Postby rcpmelissa » Thu May 03, 2012 2:05 pm

My DS will be 1 on June 7th and we are hoping to start TTC in July. It only took us 3 months last time (not saying that will happen again) so ours could be 2 years or less apart and I'm looking forward to it. I might be tough for the first few years, but they are only little for a short time and as they grow they will be so close.
rcpmelissa
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby bri78 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Good to know I'm not alone! I see that this spacing is more normal than I thought. I'm currently on CD 9, so we can jump right into it, which is exciting but I'm also nervous. We conceived on the first try last time, so I guess that's why. Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll get your BFP soon!
DS- 1
NOT ttc #2

Dx PCOS 2010
DCI has restored O!

bri78

Postby saraek » Tue May 15, 2012 6:08 am

We were trying for #2 when DD was 9 months (we have problems conceiving, so we wanted to get a jumpstart). DD will be 2 in June, and I recently got a BFP so I guess the spacing will be good for us :)
Me - 31
DH - 33
TTC since 2/2005
DD Gracie born 6/18/10
TTC #2 since 3/2011
4/2012 - Follistim/IUI #2
5/17 - BFP!
BETA: 1200
6/11 - Twins! HB 147 & 170
saraek
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby bri78 » Sat May 19, 2012 9:57 pm

congrats!! thats a common spacing, im sure you'll like it.
DS- 1
NOT ttc #2

Dx PCOS 2010
DCI has restored O!

bri78

Postby monkeysauce » Sun May 20, 2012 5:39 am

I always thought I wanted three kids. Then when I was pregnant I hated it so much that I decided two was fine. Then when I was in labor I decided my daughter would be an only child lol. Throughout her first year I bounced between thinking we shouldn't TTC another until she was at least two, and not being sure I could handle a second at all.

But right around her first birthday she "flipped the toddler switch". Somehow, they stop being babies almost overnight. They start to walk, they start to drink from sippy cups, they start to say a word or two, and they start to play well by themselves. For a couple of weeks we thought we'd start TTC when she was 18 months, then decided what the heck, lets get it over with!

I think that a lot of people feel like I do--if I get out of the "baby stuff" phase I won't ever have the courage to go back. So two years apart is a really common spacing!
monkeysauce
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Hope_4_twins » Sun May 20, 2012 1:03 pm

Bri-If you want to have your babies close together that is great. It is a personal decision between you and DH. You will do great with whatever you decide.
Personally, I like having spacing. I like the fact that my DD(4) is out of diapers, can go to bathroom on her own, can play independently, can dress herself, tie her shoes, and brush her teeth. She will also be a great help when the baby comes.
DH-Married 10 Years!
DD-6
DD2- Baby

1 Samuel 1:27
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
Hope_4_twins
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby SILKROSE1982 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:43 am

Well, I can suggest STRONGLY to have a baby BEFORE nursing school :) I had Kaitlyn RIGHT in the middle of my first semester of nursing school. I had to go back the day after I had her to take a test. Plus, doing clinicals 9 months prego....mmm...no...not fun :) BUT, it CAN be done. Honestly, it wasn't the pregnancy/labor/birth part that was the hardest...it was having to leave my baby in the hospital and at home to go to school. Breastfeeding was a nightmare and VERY difficult to establish.

She, thankfully adapted just fine and is a super happy, very secure little girl :) If I had to do it again, I would have waited a semester. That being said, MANY mommies get pregnant and time it to have their baby right after graduation.

We started trying again as soon as she turned one...we take forever though...so new it wouldn't happen quick. More then likely, I will be pregnant again at the end of my nursing school... :)

I think two year age difference is perfect. My siblings and I are all two years apart. I wonder the same things though...about having a two year old and a newborn....

I think this is one of those things only the two of you can decide :)
Me 30 + DH 28 = 3/29/2010

Our Little Valentine
Kaitlyn Elizabeth Marie 2/14/2011 (12 months TTC)
Angel Babies: Phillip Scott (7/4/2007 @ 19w4d), Baby #2 6w5d, Baby #3 5w6d, Baby #4 7w5d.

TTC#2-ntnp since 2/14/12. Now temping/charting/OPK's.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
SILKROSE1982
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bri78 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:54 pm

Monkey- You sound like me. I started off saying I wanted 5 or 6, in the recovery room after my C-section I remember telling anyone who would listen that I was never doing it again! Once DS started walking and became more independent, that's when I started feeling the fever again. My SIL has a 2 week old little boy, and I just want to take him home with me!

Hope - That is something I've pictured too, a day when DS is in school and me and DH have the morning with just the baby and we can give them all the attention that we did to DS when he was a baby. But it just doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy inside like when I see moms in the store with two kids who are close in age, even if they're not on their best behavior. I actually get a little jealous.

Silk - It's harder than I thought it would be to get into a nursing program around here. So I'm planning on going for surgical tech. It starts in the spring and takes a year, so that puts a damper in my TTC plans, since I would be due in the middle of the first semester. Last time, being pregnant was a breeze, but I'm afraid it'll be the complete opposite next time and I won't be able to keep up in school.

An update on us: DH had changed his mind and didn't want to try after having a talk with his sisters, but now he's come back around and wants to! I think it's because I made sure he held his sister's newborn, and played with his other sister's 5 month old! :D
I'm currently on CD 30 and had a bit of EWCM this morning, I told DH and we went for it!
DS- 1
NOT ttc #2

Dx PCOS 2010
DCI has restored O!

bri78

Postby Lola83 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Just read through this thread :) Bri you have to KUP! :)
~me: Sam, 29 DH: 27~ 1 furbaby- yorkie, Lola!
After 20 months TTC, HSG, Sono, Lap, Clomid, Femara & triggers I got my BFP on Jan 14 '11!
DS Jacob born Sept 28/11 7lbs 15oz

BFP #2! Aug 1st @ 8dpo, 5mg Femara
EDD: April 15th!

http://coreyandsamttc1.blogspot.com

Lola83
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby bri78 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Since it was my first time seeing a good amount of ewcm this cycle, I thought it was O time, but it wasn't. Darn irregular cycles!! I haven't been temping consistently, but I recorded two low temps recently, way too low to be post-O. Oh well. I was pretty nervous the entire time, I think that's a sign I'm not as ready as I thought! I think I'll give it at least another year. After spending time with my SIL's newborn and seeing my other SIL's two year old running around like a whirlwind, waiting until DS is 3 or older is starting to look a lot better. I guess the fever has broken, LOL.
bri78

Return to TTC #2 or more