TTC a boy...question

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC a boy...question

Postby cochavim » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:07 am

We have two beautiful girls are about to TTC #3. We would love three girls, but thought it may be nice to have a boy, too. I am very regular and know the exact day of when I start my period. To have a boy, should we TTC exactly two weeks before the day I start my period? I know the closer to ovulation, the better chance of having a boy.

If I get my period on a Thursday, should we BD 2 thursdays before that or two Fridays before that? Am I even making sense? HA HA!

TIA!
cochavim
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby rcpmelissa » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:20 pm

How much of this stuff is actually true or not I don't know, but my DH really wanted a boy so the first time around we did all the "old wives tales". We BD'd the day before O, the day of, and the day after. We used a position that would provide the deepest penetration, he drank a caffinated soda just before BD'ing and I hung out with my legs up on the wall for about 20 min after BD'ing. Other than looking ridiculous I'm not sure how any of those things helped, but we have a boy! Worth a shot! :) Good luck!
Me (Melissa) 31 & DH is 28
Married 08/19/2006
DS born 06/07/11
2 furbabies (Queensland & Rat Terrier)
TTC #2
Prenatals with DHA & using opk's.

My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
rcpmelissa
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby cochavim » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Thank you for your reply! We will try all of those. Did he literally drink a caffenated soda RIGHT before you guys BD'd?

Your son is beautiful! GL TTC #2!
cochavim
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby rcpmelissa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:38 am

Yes, I guess the theory is that boy sperm swim faster but girl sperm live longer and I guess the caffine just makes them a little faster! Not sure but it's worth a try! He would drink a soda and we would BD when he finished! So he had an empty soda can on his night stand while I had my hips up on pillows and my legs up on the wall, quite the sight as you can imagine! :)

Oh the things we do!
Good Luck!
Thanks, we think our little guy is precious! :)
Me (Melissa) 31 & DH is 28
Married 08/19/2006
DS born 06/07/11
2 furbabies (Queensland & Rat Terrier)
TTC #2
Prenatals with DHA & using opk's.

My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
rcpmelissa
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Mommy3DS » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:39 pm

i have 3 boys and lost a boy. the closer to ovulation and the more the better, its worked for me.. im working on my little girl :) :D
Mommy3DS

Postby Hope_4_twins » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:05 am

First, I hope you get your boy. I am pregnant with my second and I think it is a girl. I am on Team Green, so I won't know until I deliver. If I do have a girl, I would like to try for a boy.

I BD close to ovulation both times, girl the first time. The sex of the baby is determined by the male. I don't think there is anything specific you can really do to insure you get a boy. But, good luck.
DH-Married 10 Years!
DD-6
DD2- Baby

1 Samuel 1:27
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
Hope_4_twins
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby rivvyb513 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:47 am

I have app called maybe maybe baby. It is basically just a red green and yellow light that tells you when the best time to conceive is, but it also tells you the gender so it makes timing it easier. I paid $.99 for the light version. I don't care about gender so we just BD all the time but it might help. Not that I believe any of those gender myths, but if you're going to try them you might as well try the app.
rivvyb513
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby cochavim » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:45 pm

We tried BDing close to when I think I ovulated this month and I am pretty sure it didn't work. I'm only 10 dpo, but I've been getting BFN's and have no sxs, so I'm pretty sure I'm out. Gonna just try what worked for us in the past and of course will be so happy with whatever we get--boy or girl! Thanks, girls!
cochavim
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC #2 or more