TTC While Breastfeeding and No AF

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC While Breastfeeding and No AF

Postby niksmc » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi Ladies -

I was on here awhile ago. I got my BFP and had a baby boy!!! I had a crazy irregular cycle and was shocked in conceived.

Here I am now trying to conceive #2 but I am breastfeeding. I still haven't gotten my period. But I want to start charting again.

Anyone in the same boat?
<ol><li><div align="left"><br /><br /><br />&nbsp;</div></li></ol><br />
niksmc

Postby kitcantwait » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:26 pm

hey niksmc, didn't want to read & run! I was in exactly the same position until very recently, 17 months postpartum, still bfing loads and no af. I'm nearly 5wks preggers now (and praying hard for a sticky one cos still bfing quite a bit). I started temping again once I felt that things were finally starting to gear up in the fertility department and it worked surprisingly well despite the fact that we still have loads of disrupted nights. Not only was it really helpful in pinpointing when I finally did ovulate (I geared up at least four times before it actually happened!), but we managed to catch the first eggie that way! OPKs were useful too, even though the false alarms were a bit depressing. Sorry this is so long-winded but just wanted to say I know what an anxious wait it is and I'll be keeping my fingers xed for you! Babydust!!
Me: 33
DH: 48
DD: Born 22/01/2011, at 39+2, 6lbs 3oz.

kitcantwait
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby suchisthelife » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:33 pm

I am :)
suchisthelife
Friend

Postby niksmc » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Kit - congrats on your bfp! Amazing.

Did you do anything to get af back or did you just let it come back on your own?
<ol><li><div align="left"><br /><br /><br />&nbsp;</div></li></ol><br />
niksmc

Postby AmyLene » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:35 am

I'm ttc #3 and breastfeeding my 15month old, still no ppaf, and no ovulation at all!
I am going insane over here. We've been ntnp since my DS2 was born and actively trying for about 4months.
Me-27 DF-29 DS- 12-4-09 DS2- 12-5-11. DD- 18-4-14.
5 Losses.
AmyLene
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Anne1981 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Yup!! DS2 is just about 4mo, so part of me feels silly wanting another so badly this soon, but I would looove to get preggers again right away! I had a false alarm last week since I got some bfp's, but they stayed faint and when I went in for a beta it was only 2. Not sure what was going on there, I'd think early mc but no bleeding yet so?? I'm not sure if I should try temping maybe? Not sure what to look for in temping though since AF has not shown since DS was born. After DS1 AF came back around 5mo pp, so I could have another month or two of temping before anything even happens. I also thought about getting some OPK's but debating the $$ that would take, or if I should just wait till something happens since it's still so early pp. I don't know, I just have baby fever so badly right now, lol!! Nice to find some other people doing the same thing!!
Me (32) DH (32), married since 2009
Teddy, b. Dec 2010
Image (Aug. 3/11 - 4w5d)
David, b. May 2012
Jacob, b. Oct. 4th, 2013
BFP!!! Due April 6th, 2015!!
Anne1981
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby scmeg72 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:59 am

I am 3 months PP from DS #1 and we are already starting to try again. I tested + for BRCA 1, so they suggest I finish having kids so I can have ovaries and breasts removed. :( I am breastfeeding, pumping for daycare and supplementing 1 formula bottle/day. TONS of EWCM here and hoping for Irish Twins! I asked my doctor how likely it is and she said VERY likely, that she sees women everyday that think they cant get preggo while BFing.
DS born 6/22/12- the love of my life <3
BFP 11/07/11 !!!
TTC #1 for 8 months
BFP 8/26/11- early mc
Two Furbabies: Butler- Weimaraner, Gunner- German Shorthaired Pointer

My Ovulation Chart
scmeg72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Anne1981 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:25 pm

scmeg72, so sorry about the BRCA! :( What are you doing as far as TTC? Has AF returned yet, or what are you doing for temping and such? I just got a batch of OPK's off Amazon and will start using those as soon as they come. Tons of EWCM here as well, so I'm hoping that means something is coming! Temping is going to be hard just now since DS2 sleeps with us, and DH has to get up really early for work and I get up with him and then go back to bed. I'm hoping we can catch the first eggie using the OPK's! I never did get any bleeding after the weird stuff that happened a few weeks ago, so I have to assume it was not a mc after all, but how do you explain 8 faintly positive HPT's on five different brands over the space of a week? But a negative blood test. I don't know....anyhow, I'd love to hear what you're doing, and hope you get that BFP soon!!
Me (32) DH (32), married since 2009
Teddy, b. Dec 2010
Image (Aug. 3/11 - 4w5d)
David, b. May 2012
Jacob, b. Oct. 4th, 2013
BFP!!! Due April 6th, 2015!!
Anne1981
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: TTC While Breastfeeding and No AF

Postby ihaveapanda » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:34 pm

I'm in the same boat! BFing my 14 month old, no PPAF. Here's what's been going on:

May 31st: Positive OPK
June 1st Night: Definite O'ing pains
Didn't get to DTD until June 2nd
Felt like implantation pinches on the 8th and 9th (7/8dpo)
Dull, mild, not painful cramps 10/11/12 dpo
TONS of EWCM
BFNs all freakin' week

I feel like *something* is going to happen, either a BFP or my first PPAF...probably while I'm on vacation in Mexico next week!

FX for you girl, it's hard not knowing where to start!!!
Emily - 27; DH - 31
Married 8.14.10
DD - Scarlett - 3/29/12
BFP on 8/7/14
Imagei
ihaveapanda
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Lulubee » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:42 am

Hi ladies,
I'm not yet TTC #2 (will be later in the year) but was recently in a similar position where I was starting to stress that I wouldn't be cycling again by the time we wanted to start TTC again. I ended up getting my first PP AF when my DD was 9.5 months old. I think, for me, it has come back because the frequency of breastfeeds is lower now - we're on four per day and haven't done night feeds since she was two weeks old (yes, she started sttn at two weeks old!!!). I think if you can get your LO's down to just a couple of feeds per day, and try to night-wean, then you stand a good chance of your cycles returning. I have read that the first step to try is to night wean, then reduce feeds during the day. Apparently even a change in breastfeeding schedule can do the trick - i.e. not even dropping feeds but mixing up the timing of feeds.

You could also try increasing the solids your LO's are eating, and maybe add a bit more meat so they are fuller.

I was very uncomfortable with the thought of having to wean in order for us to TTC again, so I am lucky that I'm now in a position to TTC later in the year while still breastfeeding. Hopefully the same will happen for you guys.

Good luck! :D
Lulubee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby missygrrl » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Well this has been an interesting read. I had no idea about most of this stuff especially weaning to ttc! My baby is 12mths now and I thought it odd I had no ppaf yet (given it came back earlier with my first) but we are ttc too, and I have no idea how to tell if I'm pregnant since I have no cycle to base it on. Do I just wait to see if period comes or belly swells? Do I need to wean to make a new pregnancy stick?
missygrrl

Return to TTC #2 or more