TTC #2 after 6 yrs! How to keep stress down?

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC #2 after 6 yrs! How to keep stress down?

Postby 2001cm » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Long story short we had my DS 6/28/07 he was an unexpected but well loved surprise. Now this is the first time we are actively TTC but am way more stressed than before for obvious reasons. Has anyone had their kids this far apart? (hubby was w/o work for 4 yrs that's why we waited so long) How do you keep the stress down? :?
2001cm

Re: TTC #2 after 6 yrs! How to keep stress down?

Postby BKB273 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:12 am

We had DS 11/08 and he was a surprise too LOL. This is the first time for us that we are actually TTC. We've tried 2 months so far and no luck. Frustrating! Never really charted anything, so this month will be using the O tests. If it works, there will be just a little over 5 year age gap. I think it's fine. I am glad DS is older and will be starting school so I will have some one-on-one time with the baby. I look back and can't see how we would have done it when DS was 2 or 3, it would have been quite a handful with a toddler and a baby! Now, I am comfortable where I am, and I try not to stress when I get AF. I really want to be pregnant, but It will happen when it's the right time. Meanwhile, just enjoy the BDing! LOL
Me: 37, DH: 38, DS: 7yrs
TTC #2 over 3 years

Last AF: 06/14/2016
BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 2001cm » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:57 pm

BKB273 wrote:We had DS 11/08 and he was a surprise too LOL. This is the first time for us that we are actually TTC. We've tried 2 months so far and no luck. Frustrating! Never really charted anything, so this month will be using the O tests. If it works, there will be just a little over 5 year age gap. I think it's fine. I am glad DS is older and will be starting school so I will have some one-on-one time with the baby. I look back and can't see how we would have done it when DS was 2 or 3, it would have been quite a handful with a toddler and a baby! Now, I am comfortable where I am, and I try not to stress when I get AF. I really want to be pregnant, but It will happen when it's the right time. Meanwhile, just enjoy the BDing! LOL

I feel you! It is just frustrating to wait. I will definitely enjoy the BD'ing that's the best part in the beginning LOL! How is it going for you now?
2001cm

Postby true_taurus » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:28 am

Hi ladies! I've been wandering through the boards after being on a few different threads. I had DS in 2004 and in 2011 we finally agreed to ttc #2. Technically we started trying Aug 2011 but DH has work that takes him out of state on a regular basis.
We've both agreed to not stress ourselves or our wallet with any fertility testing. Our DS was a surprise. My cycles were very irregular at the time as I was off hormonal BC. Having DS was a big adjustment and it put a big strain on our relationship.and DH never seemed open to having another baby. Skip to 2011 when my grandpa passed away and it got us talking about ttc.
We both know the challenges we have with trying to BD near ovulation and some months it's just not possible.
I've gotten some great advice about including DS in the pregnancy as much as possible. Refer to baby as "our baby". Let him go to some ultrasound appt's. Share stories about his baby days. Let him help with the baby when possible.
Earth below me,
Sky above me,
Fire within me.

Me: 33, DH: 33, DS: 9
TTC#2 since Aug 2011. BFP June 2013
Baby Mason born Feb 2014
Furbaby, Taco
true_taurus
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BKB273 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:36 am

Right now it's just frustrating to wait for O, I wish these days would go by quicker! I am on CD8 now, so I think we'll start trying tomorrow, it's DH's birthday, perfect timing! I am not gonna put too much stress on us this time, if we can't get to it every day, every other day is fine.

Hey Taurus, I have been thinking about that to. That when we get pregnant, should we take DS to hear the heartbeat and then to the ultrasound. Would he really be able to see anything though, like how we see it? I have already started talking to him about it, saying when we have a baby, he'll get to hold him/her, feed them, and play with them. He will be my little helper.
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wannabeamama82 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:13 am

Hi I am in the same similar place as you are. My DS is 6 born in '06 and me and my DH have been trying since December. I get confused about my ovulation time so we are going to try sex every other day now that AF has just recently ended this month. I am nervous about the age gap but I am excited for my DS to have a sibling. I did not think TTC would be so much work since my DS was not planned and conceived easily and we were not even trying. Well good luck and God bless to all the mommies and couples who are TTC. I pray you get your little blessings!
Wannabeamama82
Friend

Postby faerie_tink » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:04 pm

You can see the age gap between my children in my signature. My son is 7 and my daughter is 6 months. I wasn't trying at all when I got pregnant with Zoey. She was an oops. But OH such a blessing! Tyler is such a good big brother! He's a big help with her, and while I was nervous about starting over with a new little one, I'm so thankful now that there are so many years between my children.
Amanda (me) - 26
Josh (DSO) - 25
Tyler (DS) - 7 (born 1.24.06)
Zoey (DD) - 8 months (born 9.5.12)
BFP 7.18.13!!! EDD 3.28.14

faerie_tink
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hope_4_twins » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:29 am

Lurking. I had my oldest DD in July of 07. My youngest, an almost 4 month old DD. So the age gap is 5.5 years apart.

I am glad my oldest DD is in school during the day. I can try to get a nap in during the day before by DD gets out of school. Because once she gets out of school, it is homework time, fun time outside going to the park, and then dinner time and then bath time. Meanwhile, trying to juggle taking care of baby during this time as well. So it gets overwhelming in the evenings but very much worth it. I do not think I would be able to have kids back to back. I am glad I waited so long. I am not one of those people that can handle having kids back to back. It is tough enough now.
DH-Married 10 Years!
DD-6
DD2- Baby

1 Samuel 1:27
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
Hope_4_twins
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby BKB273 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:07 am

That's how much will be between my kids if I get PG in the next couple months, 5.5 years gap. I am happy with it. DS had his time, all the attention on him, now he'll be in school and I'll get to put my full attention to the baby, and then have a little helper too.
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby melissa1298 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm so happy to see this thread! I'm in the same situation as some of you. Ttc #2, and DS is 5. Didn't want to wait this long, but my DH was also unemployed for some time. Now I'm 33, and been ttc 6 months. I did however plan my DS, but got a bfp on ONE cycle. So I'm about ready to pull my hair out! I'm a little over weight and have lost 30 lbs since January. But my ovulation is so off, I'm losing my mind! I don't know how not to stress, but I just pray and then try, try again. Good luck girls!
melissa1298
Friend

Postby BKB273 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:44 am

Good luck Melissa! I have been trying to lose weight too, that's how I got PG with DS, I lost 15lbs and then boom, PG. So, maybe that's what I need to do now. I am taking 2 months to lose at least 15lbs, we are skipping TTC and will try again in June. Then we'll get a Spring/Summer baby.
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby melissa1298 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:28 am

OK guys, so ttc for 7 cycles now, and my period is still screwed up. I've cried all night and am still doing it this morning bc I found out last night that my insurance does not cover infertility treatment. And also read online that if you take clomid, (which I could prbly afford, but could not afford ivf and things such as that), that you will be denied insurance afterwards. I'm freaking out, is it really over now? Has anyone run into these things? Please help, I'm a basket case.
melissa1298
Friend

Postby Mommyfor#2 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:28 am

Hey everyone! Me and DH are currently ttc #2. We have a daughter that was born in 09 and is now 4 years old. This is our first time actually trying to get pregnant since DD was an unexpected surprise. It has been so emotional trying so far since I expected it to happen right away because of my first pregnancy. We have only been trying for about 2.5 months but it feels like an its been an eternity. I'm currently counting down the days till aunt flows arrival on June 1st. I would love to be able to tell DH that he is going to be a dad again for father's day but I'm a little doubtful. Who knew it would be so hard the second time around?
Mommyfor#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BKB273 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:22 am

Hey mommyfortwo, same boat as you, my DS was a surprise, he is now 4.5 years old and we tried 3 cycles to get PG and got frustrated it didn't happen as fast again, took a couple months break and just waiting for June to TTC again, my AF is due around the same time as you, May 31, so ya we'll be trying again around Father's day LOL! I hope it happens in the next couple months. I asked my doc if it doesn't, when to think about fertility options, she said after 12 months of TTC. Yikes! She said I could start earlier, up to me, but that usually for couples who already have one baby, they say give 12 months to TTC for their next. I guess it's all about timing. Hope to catch that egg soon! Can't wait for DS to be a big brother!
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyfor#2 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:52 pm

BKB You totally understand! We are so frustrated and to hear you have to wait 12 months before we can seek any real help is not what we want. I know its not really that long of a wait when you look at it as a whole but it seems like a lifetime when waiting for that positive test result. Hoping beyond hope we don't have to wait that long! I would love to give my DD siblings! Maybe it'll happen for both of us soon. Good luck!! :)
Mommyfor#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to TTC #2 or more