TTC #2 after 6 yrs! How to keep stress down?

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: TTC #2 after 6 yrs! How to keep stress down?

Postby mrskrissyd » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:19 am

Hi ladies! I'm a joining in the big age gap between kids group lol. DS just turned 4 in June and we just decided to start trying to #2 this month. I got a + on the OPK on the 8th and we BD the 8th and 9th. Hoping we somehow caught that little eggie. I don't know when or if I o'd yet but now the TWW begins!!!! AAUUGGHHH it's going to go by slow! How would you count your DPO if you don't exactly know when you did O?
**Krissy** (Me):30
Hubby:32
Son: Austin 4
Early Losses: 5 weeks (2006) and 6 weeks (2007)
TTC #2 since July 2013
mrskrissyd

Postby BKB273 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:56 am

Welcome krissy! I don't think you can really count your dpo if you don't know when you O'd .... do you check CM?

We started thinking about #2 when DS turned 4 in November, we started TTC in December. Hope it doesn't take you as long as it is taking us! It's been 8 months, but we took a 3 mo break so this is cycle 5 for me.

Sometimes I see kids with a 2 or 3 year difference and I think, gosh, why did I decide to wait so long. But can't do anything about it ... and I bet if I did have them close together I would have gone crazy lol, DS was a handful. Now he is starting school and so I will have one on one time with the baby, and it will be nice to have a preschooler "kid" and a "baby" instead of 2 babies close together and worrying about spending time with each. And now that he is older, I know he will apprecite a sibling more. He is always asking when the baby will be coming home. Hope I can fulfill his wish soon!
Me: 37, DH: 38, DS: 7yrs
TTC #2 over 3 years

Last AF: 06/14/2016
BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyfor#2 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Welcome Krissy! I also don't think you can count DPO if you don't know when you O'd. Sorry!
My DD turned 4 in march and this is also my 5th cycle TTC. Hopefully this will be a quick and painless adventure for you. Ive used OPKs but this time around I believe I'm not going down that road. They were just a pain to use for me. I think I'm gonna try to relax more and just track my CM and see what happens. I'm getting too frustrated to try much else this time. Good luck and baby dust :)
Mommyfor#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mommyfor#2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:53 am

Any new updates ladies?
I'm pretty sure I will be ttc next month. Me and DH kind of took a month off. Not a discussed month off but I think we both were just exhausted from thinking about it so much so we just didn't even try this time. I didn't even keep count of what CD I was on. Maybe next month I will be more energetic about it. Hope you all are doing good :)
Mommyfor#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BKB273 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:53 pm

I decided to skip this month. Just felt really down about my weight and wanted to give a month to really focus on taking 10lbs off. I really don’t want to look like this and get pregnant. I really would like to get rid of 15lbs. Will see how it goes. That’s how much I have to lose to get down to the weight I was when I got PG with DS. Anyways, we have been using condoms and the pull out method, but last night we didn’t really think of it and just felt good and kept going and he came in me. Wasn’t until this morning, I go to DH, so what happened with the protection last night. He said oh I thought we were in the clear and you already O’d? CD17 so there is still a chance, I still have ewcm today … I guess I will find out in 2 weeks when AF comes, or not! LOL
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyfor#2 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:38 pm

LOL Ain't it funny how even when we aren't trying we are still waiting for AF to not show? Even though we put no effort in to ttc this time around I know I will still be waiting to see if AF arrives on time or not. I definitely understand wanting to lose weight before being preggo. I'm much heavier than I was with my DD but have no motivation to get on the weightloss band wagon. I'm cheering you on though! Good luck!
Mommyfor#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mommyfor#2 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Once again AF is late! BFN this morning with a FRER test. I think my medication is effecting my cycle a little. hopefully with a medication change will set things back in order.
Mommyfor#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BKB273 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:12 pm

What meds you on?

So it’s 2 weeks later, and AF showed up Sunday. I didn’t expect her until Tuesday/Wednesday, but I guess my body finally decided to get back to normal and I have had a 29 day cycle 2 months in a row. That 37 day one was just weird …. Anyways CD2 for me and I am back in the TTC game this month, so excited!!! Will continue with my eating healthy and trying to lose weight. No more skipping months. REALLY need to get pregnant and have my baby, not getting any younger!
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyfor#2 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:49 pm

Crossing my fingers for you! Hopefully this month will be the one.
I'm currently on CD 35of a 30 day cycle. This is the second month in a row that I have been late. I am taking Metformin for my diabetes. I know taht is what they use for women with PCOS but its used for irregular cycles. Mine were fine until I started the meds. I go to the doctor in a couple of weeks and hopefully they can change things for me. We will see what happens.
Mommyfor#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BKB273 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Geez, I hope they can figure it out. So if your cycles are getting longer, that means you are O’ing later then? Since a late AF means you O’d late in your cycle. Are you checking when you O, on what CD?
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyfor#2 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Yes My cycles are anywhere from 3-5 days late and I've been ovulating that much later as well. I've been reading and it seems that a side effect of the medicine I take is longer cycles. *Sigh*. AF showed 5 days late this time so I'm moving on to the next cycle. I am hoping that my doctor will have some answers for us on what might help us this time around. O well. We'll see how it goes.
Mommyfor#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BKB273 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:44 pm

So did you talk to your doc yet and what did he say? Where are you in your cycle now, since AF came for you, are you O’ing right now???????

I O’d on Sunday and we got some good BD’ing in on Wed night, Thurs night, Fri morning, Sat afternoon and Sun night. So 4 times before O and 1 time on O day. My goal was to BD every single day and we did it! Then again on Tuesday but I think we were late, but eh, 6 out of 7 days, man we are exhausted! I am 4dpo, thinking I will test next Friday, I will be 12dpo. I really hope it worked this time!!!! We got some good chances for this month. We have never timed it so right before. Usually only 2 times when I am O’ing and then by the time we have time to BD, it’s too late in my cycle. This month I really paid attention, and on Sunday I had so much CM, so wet and in the middle of the day I noticed EWCM and that made me really excited! I rarely see the EWCM, just the really wet and slippery CM.
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommyfor#2 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Good luck! Things sound very promising :)

I did go to the doctor. Good news is my health is doing better. Bad news is they want us to take a break from TTC. I'm notready to quit. We were just thinking of talking about doing some fertility testing.I'm currently on cycle day 21. . Expect af next week or.possibly the week after. We still have a chance at being pregnant this time. K
Mommyfor#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mommyfor#2 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Good luck! Things sound very promising :)

I did go to the doctor. Good news is my health is doing better. Bad news is they want us to take a break from TTC. I'm notready to quit. We were just thinking of talking about doing some fertility testing.I'm currently on cycle day 21. . Expect af next week or.possibly the week after. We still have a chance at being pregnant this time. Keeping our hopes up. Anything can happen.
Mommyfor#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BKB273 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Know what you mean, I definitely would not want to take a break from TTC …. Great that your health is better though. Yup, you are not out until AF shows!

9dpo …. Yesterday I had one dot of blood on my panties, nothing when I wiped. That’s it, nothing since then …. I am kind of hopeful that it was implantation? I have never had anything like that happen. I had cramps yesterday too and I told DH, my tummy doesn’t feel good, so we will see what happens I guess …..

Sad note … my doggie passed away Sunday night. DH was devastated. Never seen him cry so much. He was his best friend. His mornings and bedtime routine revolved all around our dog, and now it’s sad seeing his leash and collar and food and water dishes and all his toys just sitting there, but he is not there ………. At least we were all home when it happened and DH was right by his side. He was a part of our life for 12 years, we’ll never forget him. I have cried so much over the last 2 days, I just can’t stop thinking about him. It would be really nice to get some good news this week so that we are not so depressed. Both my dad and my mother-in-law said similar things like, hopefully there is a baby soon and you can focus on caring for him instead. They don’t know we are TTC, but I guess they are expecting and waiting for it since DS will be 5yrs old in 2 months.
TTC #2 over 3 years

BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC #2 or more