Others TTC after Pre-E??

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Others TTC after Pre-E??

Postby dragonbaby2012 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:40 am

Here's the story...

I just had my first baby in December and we are trying to decide when to start TTC #2. I'd like for them to be about 18 months apart, which would mean the ideal time to get PG would be this fall. But, after coming down with crazy high blood pressure (190/110) overnight at 39 weeks, I am terrified that I will have it again with #2, but that it will come on earlier and end up affecting the baby. My BP stayed high for 11 weeks (!!!) after delivery, even with crazy amounts of medication. I'm just worried that my system won't be able to handle it again and that the anxiety of waiting for its onset during the pregnancy will drive me crazy.

Any advice from mamas who have had pre-e or severe gestational hypertension would be very greatly appreciated!

Baby fever!
Want TTC #2 ASAP but scared after Pre-E

DD, 12/2012
dragonbaby2012
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Others TTC after Pre-E??

Postby beaner0620 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:48 pm

I had a very similar situation as you with my first DD. they induced due to the pre e symptoms I had and I was 39 weeks. She's almost 9 now and I'm hoping to start ttc for baby #4.
I have 2 girls and 1 boy and never had a single blood pressure issue with the second and third. I was terrified of getting pre e again. So much that I almost didn't want to have more children. I also made the mistake of going to a pre e forum and it was terrifying to read stories.
The good thing is is that pre e is more common with a first pregnancy than most people realize. The earlier that it starts in pregnancy, the greater your chances of having it again are. 39 weeks is at the end so your chances are extremely small. Best of luck to you and don't let it discourage you. :)
beaner0620
Friend

Postby beaner0620 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Ps. I suffer from anxiety/ panic disorder, so I totally relate to your anxious feelings. I really think you will do perfectly fine next time around. Also, my kids are 2-2.5 years apart in age.
Also, my bp was through the roof for weeks after DD arrived. It was so scary. It was higher after than when I was pregnant.
beaner0620
Friend

Postby dragonbaby2012 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Thanks so much for your reply, beaner. Our stories sound so similar! I was induced at 39 weeks exactly too. I have been thinking that I won't ever get pregnant again because it is just too scary, even though I really want 1-2 more kids. I've started looking into surrogacy and DH thinks I'm totally crazy. He just doesn't understand how scary it was for me.

But it's really encouraging to hear your story and know that it is possible for things to turn out alright if I do decide to get pregnant again. Thank you for sharing!
Baby fever!
Want TTC #2 ASAP but scared after Pre-E

DD, 12/2012
dragonbaby2012
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby beaner0620 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:00 pm

Best of luck to you! I know of other women in similar situations that had babies after with no issues.
beaner0620
Friend

Return to TTC #2 or more