random question for already moms...

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

random question for already moms...

Postby ArmyWife623 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:06 am

I know when you have children your life changes completely and your life no longer revolves around you, but now revolves around your child/ren. And that child/ren will dictate what, where and how you do things. We completly understand that everything will change, but would like to not change everything (if that makes sense) DH and I mainly like to go fishing and boating. We don't really do to much that can not be done with children. My question for you ladies is (besides the obvious non kid activities) what are some things that you can't do anymore since having children? Or find much more difficult with them? What are things that you still do with children that you enjoyed even before child/Ren?

I know there will be times that may get frustrating, and have to pick up and go home like if your child starts to get cranky, sick etc... that goes without say. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, or seems to be really dumb questions...but I'd rather ask and seem ''dumb'' and gather information, rather than be clueless and not ask! TIA

TTC #1 since 3/13
BFP #1 Oct.28, 2013 m/c'd our lil' firecracker at 6 weeks
BFP #2 Dec. 27, 2013 grow wee one grow!!
ArmyWife623
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: random question for already moms...

Postby momoftreasures » Thu May 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Camping and hiking.
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Sue De Nimm » Thu May 09, 2013 1:56 pm

I disagree on the camping. It's still totally do-able. And a great thing to do with kids.

One thing I miss since being a mummy is the ability to just go to the movies with DH when we fancy it, rather than having to plan for someone to look after DS (our families live in a different country so we rely on friends).
ME - 33 DH - 38 DS - Nov 2011
NTNP since August 2012, TTC #2 since November 2012
BFP 22 Jan 2013 @ 15DPO, :angel: 7 Feb 2013 @ 6+3
BFP 5 Mar 2013 @ 12DPO
Our little girl due 15 Nov 2013

My Ovulation Chart
Sue De Nimm
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Lalalindsay » Sat May 11, 2013 11:34 am

I feel like you can still do pretty much anything with children. Just expect things to take longer and it probably won't go over as smoothly as it does without children. It just takes more planning rather than spur of the moment.
Lalalindsay
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby cherbearcoupon » Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 am

My husband I used to go to the movies at least once every other week. I really miss being able to go especially when a movie is a new release. I am very particular about my son's bedtime routine and miss him to pieces if I'm not the one saying goodnight.

I also miss taking naps whenever I want. My routine used to include naps in the afternoon so that I can stay up and watch late night tv and not be exhausted in the morning when I have work.

I can live without my afternoon naps and going to the movies. I go to sleep early and just redbox. =)
cherbearcoupon

Postby Esmom » Tue May 14, 2013 11:19 pm

I don't miss anything. We try to make things happen and try out dfifferent things to do. Sometimes you will be too tired to want to do anything and not be miserable about it.
Esmom
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby loveandmarriage » Sat May 18, 2013 5:49 am

You can still do a lot with children but it just takes more planning. I miss being spontaneous. Me and DH are very spontaneous people and love spur of the moment adventures. Thats not possible anymore. Going to the beach is way more complicated too (as well as any trip). Before children it was pack a cooler of beer and soda. Grab a swimsuit and a towel and then go. Now its juice, snacks, floaties, sunscreen, toys, four changes of clothes for one child, etc. And instead of relaxing and sunbathing its chasing around a child. Truthfully, though, I miss being spontaneous. DH and I (pre-child) have went to the store and ended up two hours away at the beach. We had also just went wherever whenever. Now any trip requires planning. If DD is coming its lots of packing and planning. If its me and DH have to plan for sitter, etc.

I love DD with all my heart and desperately want another child but I do miss spontaneous adventures. I hate when things are planned out.

O and bding is harder with a child. DH works crazy hours so sometimes our only chance is during the day but can't because we have a child.
Me: 26
DH: 28
Together since October 2006
Married since August 2008
TTC #2 since October 2008

ME
Lab work 4/12: hormone levels and thyroid are good.
u/s 4/29: microscopic cysts on both ovaries. Another u/s in August to ensure cysts have not grown.
HSG 6/19: no blockage everything good
Gyno 7/8-vaginal u/s and clomid prescribed
+hpt 7/15-never taking hpts again. They are inaccurate.
-beta 7/19- HCG 0.
8/14: start Clomid 50mg CD3-7
9/1: Blood work to check progesterone levels

DH
Urologist 5/20
SA 6/12-Count 97 million, motility good, morphology 2.5%
Urologist 7/1: complete sa results, IUI suggested

ImageMy Ovulation Chart

loveandmarriage
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ALTgirl90 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:58 am

My husband and I love the movies and to have a beer and go dancing so now we just have to set up baby sitters when we're itchin' for a movie or to dance other than that we bring our MJ everywhere!
ALTgirl90
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC #2 or more