how do you know when enough is enough?

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

how do you know when enough is enough?

Postby lauren4363 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:16 am

Hi Ladies,
I am coming to you from a rather confused, scared, anxious place right now. Since forever I have wanted children and we were suprised AND blessed w DS #1 3 years ago...well about dec of 2011 we decided it would be amazing for DS to have a younger sibling since my DH has DSS only on weekends and we see how fabulous DSS & DS relationship is...we DIDNT want DS being an only child.
so in the last 15-18 months or so..ive been TTC via OPT's, no charting- after TTC for a year, we took the next step to go see an RE who figured out im not ovulating...after 3 months of clomid and 2 failed IUI's 2 cysts developed and arent going away as of now.
i hit MAJOR side effects from the clomid i was on, and now i am dealing w the cysts (which arent too fun either) and i know in my heart i want another child and i 100000000% know i want to give DS a sibling...
IVF isnt an option for us financially 0% is covered... i really dont know if this is my body telling me to stop and give it a break and be happy w what i am blessed with, or if i should keep pushing forward and make my dreams come too...
any insight or anyone in the same spot?
lauren4363
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: how do you know when enough is enough?

Postby Nikic » Thu May 16, 2013 3:50 pm

I know how you feel but I wouldn't give up. I know it's hard because I've been trying for year, and after having success before I'm angry with myself for not having the same success now. But if this is something you want I would keep trying just until you feel it's right to stop. You have all of our support and we are in the same boat with you and will support any decision you make so follow your heart and do what's best for you even if you have to take a break. You can come back rejuvenated and keep trying and we will be happy with you and for you when you get your BFP.
Nikic

Postby lauren4363 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:04 am

yeah we had a big bump in the road and when it started afffecting my health i wasnt sure for a second why i was risking my life when i already have one beauty boy at home but thankfully the health scare was easier than they thought to fix so we are back on board...hopefully wiht a LO in our sometime near future!
thank you for your kind words!
lauren4363
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby loveandmarriage » Sat May 18, 2013 5:27 am

We are starting fertility testing now. Waiting on the results. DH and I waited a long time to get the tests because since we had DD didn't think there could be any issues. DD wants a sibling really bad. I was an only child (half-sister and step-brother from my dad I only seen about 4 times a year till I was 20). I hated being an only child and DD already doesn't like it much either. She wants a sibling and I am bound and determined to give it to her. Everyone keeps saying "be happy with what u have" but when they say that I just want to punch them or scream. I am happy with DD and love her with all my heart but we want more.
Me: 26
DH: 28
Together since October 2006
Married since August 2008
TTC #2 since October 2008

ME
Lab work 4/12: hormone levels and thyroid are good.
u/s 4/29: microscopic cysts on both ovaries. Another u/s in August to ensure cysts have not grown.
HSG 6/19: no blockage everything good
Gyno 7/8-vaginal u/s and clomid prescribed
+hpt 7/15-never taking hpts again. They are inaccurate.
-beta 7/19- HCG 0.
8/14: start Clomid 50mg CD3-7
9/1: Blood work to check progesterone levels

DH
Urologist 5/20
SA 6/12-Count 97 million, motility good, morphology 2.5%
Urologist 7/1: complete sa results, IUI suggested

ImageMy Ovulation Chart

loveandmarriage
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lauren4363 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:39 am

i completely understand--- ds wants a LB/LS also...its just getting to be SO much w the back and forth to the dr...and bad news...i know its a waiting game and its all about numnuers but after 18 cycles i am growing impatient :/
lauren4363
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC #2 or more