Trying for #2 - First planned pregnancy

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Trying for #2 - First planned pregnancy

Postby BookwormMom420 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:26 pm

Hi I am Becca. I am 31 and married. We have been together 4 years (married 1 year) on April 20, 2014. We have one son who just turned 3 years old.
We just decided this week to start trying for a second child. Our plans are to not prevent pregnancy but also not put a ton of pressure on us to get pregnant. We aren't telling any family or friends we are even trying. I plan on starting by ending my birth control & beginning to chart my cycles/fertility. I might do some OPKs but I do not plan on doing any fertility drugs or treatments. If we do not get pregnant within a year or two, we will just be happy with the one we have. I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 17. I was told I would never have children. I was off birth control & 100% surprised by DS. We were not trying to get pregnant when I did. Now, I am worried about to what to expect with trying to conceive after 30s &, for the first time, a planned pregnancy. I'm not sure where to start. Any other mommies out there trying to conceive #2 this year? Any other mommies TTC a planned pregnancy for the first time? With endometriosis? I don't think it's as aggressive or painful as it was before my son was born. It may not be a factor anymore. The only way to diagnose it again is to have another surgery. But there is not need for that since my cycles no longer debilitate me. Any mommies tried any pregnancy or ovulation tests that they swear by? Thank you so much for reading/commenting!
BookwormMom420

Return to TTC #2 or more