What to expect after IUD removal...?

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

What to expect after IUD removal...?

Postby TTCin2010 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:29 pm

I was wondering if anyone has experiences they can share with me...

I had my Paraguard (non hormonal) IUD put in place at my 6 week check up after having my twins in July of 2011. I had the IUD removed January 29th, 2014 on the last day of my period. The plan was/is to switch to the pill after getting my period. We are not TTC this cycle (hopefully in a few months) BUT there was one time (2/5/14) when we ... um ya know.

Anyway. Before my IUD my cycles were ALWAYS 28days apart for about 5 days long. While I had my IUD they were about 23-24 days apart for about 11 days (i hated that thing). If I'm going back to my pre-IUD cycles I should start today but I've got nothing. Other than bloating, I dont even have symptoms. For that matter I don't even have pregnancy symptoms.... I'm at a loss.

Anyone else have experiences with your Paraguard removals???
Me: 30 DH:32
DS: 7.20.11
DD: 7.20.11

Not currently TTC... Just a TTC Cheerleader!

My Blog
1 year old!
TTCin2010
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: What to expect after IUD removal...?

Postby orangecat » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:07 pm

I had a copper IUD in 2010 I only kept it in for about 3 months. Worst idea ever! I would never ever recommend it to anyone. My periods were long and extremely painful. When it was removed things went back to normal almost immediately except for the constant yeast and bacterial infections. My cycles regulated after the first cycle. FX yours is back to normal right away as well:)
Me 37
DH 39
"Unexplained Infertility" diagnosis Feb 2014
IUI- planned for May 2014
Surprise BFP April 18/2014 while waiting for IUI!
Natural miscarriage April 29/2014 - 6 weeks
IUI #1 50mg Clomid and 24 mil sperm July 4/2014= BFN
IUI #2 letrazole 2.5mg Aug= CANCELLED due to cyst and midcycle bleed
IUI #2 letrazole 2.5mg Oct 7/2014= BFN
2015 NOTHING
2016 New RE gives us hope
April 19/16 Ectopic Pregnancy while waiting to begin IUI again
Right tube removed
DH 3% Morphology
ME AMH 4.4PMOL (British scale)
"I may not be there yet. But I am closer than I was yesterday."
orangecat
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: What to expect after IUD removal...?

Postby amorri52 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:43 pm

I had my IUD removed in December after 3 years of having it in. It was Mirena and hadn't had a period in 3 years. After having it out I had horrible cramps and bleeding but it had been so long I don't think I remembered what a period was like lol. I feel a lot better now and we decided to not have any birth control used. I finally have regular periods and am kind of wait in to see what happens I guess. I have gone through 2 full cycles and having sex multiple times and we aren't pregnant but I have heard of it taking years for people after they have an IUD.
amorri52

Return to TTC #2 or more