Baby Fever for #2...after c-section 4 months ago!

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Baby Fever for #2...after c-section 4 months ago!

Postby susieque64 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi!

So, I know after a c-section it is recommended we wait a year to become preggos again, but I have the fever BAD! I have done some research and found anytime between 3-6 months after the section it is relatively safe to conceive again (only you need a repeat section so you don't get a uterine rupture during labor). I get even more "feverish" because during my section my doctor told me I had endometriosis so bad it was "amazing" I got pregnant. From what I read this condition progresses and gets worse over time leading often to complete infertility. So, basically the longer I wait the worse chance I have, but if I get preggos soon I may put my body through some added stress because of the recovery process.

What do you gals think? I have always wanted 3 kiddos, should I try right away or wait? Also, I am EBFing my baby girl and have been having monthly periods since she was 2 months old. From what I read this is rare to become fertile again this soon, but not impossible.

Thanks for listening to my rant :P

Susie
susieque64
Friend

Re: Baby Fever for #2...after c-section 4 months ago!

Postby mamabear1 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Firstly, congratulations on your baby girl.
Now, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to give you my honest opinion without sugar coating it too much.
I think you should wait.
Your baby is only 4mths old - it is early days. Your body still has lots of hormones racing around and you're no doubt falling in love with your baby girl - it's no wonder you have baby fever!!
Just give you and your little girl some time. This is such a precious time in both your lives, take the time to just enjoy her and get used to being a mummy. I speak from experience.
There are going to be lots of changes ahead as your little one changes. There are different challenges at different ages and in my opinion, these early months are among the easiest.
From a physical perspective - i don't have experience with c-sections or endometriosis, but I'd be guided by what your Dr suggests.
Enjoy your precious girl - you've been blessed.
[i]TTC one more precious bundle since Oct 2013 with my now 41yr old eggs, and severe mfi :(

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
EPU 25/1/16 - 5 follicles, 5 eggs (all mature), 3 fertilised (ICSI).
CGH testing on 1 day 6 embryo = abnormal.
Time for a new FS and a kick a*s protocol.
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby susieque64 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:03 am

Thanks for the reply! I understand what you are saying for sure. I am enjoying every second of motherhood, I guess it's only natural to want more when you love it so much. :) Have a Happy Easter weekend!
susieque64
Friend

Postby Ctautumn » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:48 am

Congrats on your sweet pea! I had a csection with my first and 3 months later found out I was already prego with #2. It was not planned. My now husband and I had been apart most of my first pregnancy so we were in like honeymoon phase after the birth now that we were all together. Lol. We were ecstatic to be pregnant again and my pregnancy was wonderful and completely Uneventful. My babies are exactly a year apart and it has been so amazing. I didn't plan them so close but wouldn't change a thing. They are best friends. Soooooo close. Very close to having twins once we got through the first year. I understand there may be concerns but from my own experience I am in heaven with the plans God had for my babies. I had no complications at all and in fact have since had a 3rd csection with no problems. A 4 th will be in the works one day soon but we are good right now. :)))))). Good luck with everything
Ctautumn
Friend

Postby susieque64 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:29 am

Thanks for the reply! That is so amazing to hear, your life does sound heavenly to me too! :) I have read a million posts on the internet about people doing exactly what you did and the vast majority said it was also uneventful and had many rewards. I guess another thing I am considering is that my insurance right now ROCKS haha...I know this won't last forever (only 18 more months) and I really want to put it to good use by getting all the expensive healthcare a.k.a. babies born. lol. But ultimately God will decide when the time is right. I am soooo happy for you and your hubby and kiddies! Thanks for much for sharing! I do have one question, was it hard to take care of a young child after the second c-section? I mean, I'm guessing you are still having to carry them around since they are only 1ish. I also have no help here because my hubby works 80hrs/week and I have no nearby family. This would really be my biggest concern.
Thanks!
susieque64
Friend

Postby Ctautumn » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:21 pm

I guess it was somewhat hard I don't remember exactly. They are 7&8 now. Lol. I do know that my mom planned to stay with me for about 2/3 weeks after my second csection for that very reason. I don't remember it being extremely difficult??? I am totally for it. Really. It sounds like you have several reasons that it may be a good idea. When I had my second csection my then dr advised me against having more than 2 csection a in my lifetime aka no more children. He was a good dr but I saw a different dr when I got pregnant with my third and durin that csection he said he did not see any reason physically why I could not have more children if I wanted. He said my body looked great and healthy and seems to heal well. So I guess it depends on the dr. Of course tere are overall guidelines but each case is unique and should be treated as such. Best of luck to you whatever you decide. :))))))
Ctautumn
Friend

Postby Snumberuno » Wed May 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi ladies may I join? My baby girl is 6weeks and I had a section on the 24th of mArch. My dr just gave me the ok Monday for sex and other things. I am so ready to get pregnant again I'm thinking 3/9months I would like to be pregnant. My dr said wait 18 months as y'all were saying about the rupturing but I have the fever soooo bad!!! I just love being a mommy!! I'm 27ill be 28 in December I would like to go on and have another and be done by 32ish I would love to have 3 kids. My hubby will be 30 this year I would like to be done b4 he's 35? Also I'm not on birth control just using condoms I hate them more than anything!!
Snumberuno
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby susieque64 » Wed May 07, 2014 2:34 pm

I hear ya! Everyone told me...oh wait until you have a baby and see how much work it is...you will reconsider if you want more...well, So much for that now I want MORE! haha. I think some of us are destined for motherhood and enjoy it greatly where others look at it like a job...anyways, from my research the minimum time to wait is 3 months. The way I look at it is...if it would be SO horrible to get preggo after a section don't you think thr doctor would force some type of birth control on us or be excessively concerned? My husband and I am just not using any protection and trusting in God to give us more children when the time is right. I am taking prenatals everyday and my section was 5 months ago so I feel good :) 18 months is sooo long !! my doctor said 12 for vbac and nothing for repeat section by the way.
susieque64
Friend

Postby susieque64 » Wed May 07, 2014 2:38 pm

I forgot to say a HUGE congrats on your little girl!! What is her name? Savor each moment because even at 5 months mine has already grown up so fast and is 18 pounds! haha!
susieque64
Friend

Postby Snumberuno » Wed May 07, 2014 8:02 pm

My dr will not do a vbac in our town it's small so I would have to go to a bigger town. My daughters name is madyson I'm sooo in love and OMG love being a mommy! I like your name Suzie mines that also! :) I picked number uno because everyone had all th good names haha....I sooo can't wait to be pregnant again is that horrible?? I haven't had a period yet but I'm like always in the mood! But I ( hate) condoms they aren't comfortable I like skin to skin tmi sorry! I also hate bc!! So how old are y'all? If 6weeks has gone by this fast I'm sure 5months will as well. I'm trying really hard to lose weight ( the gut ) I would be happy if I got pregnant now ha! Even if I haven't lost it all!
Snumberuno
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby susieque64 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:44 am

haha! you sound just like me...that's funny we have the same name haha. I'm 24 my hubby is 28. I also live in a small town but probably not as small as yours because they do VBAC. I'm sure you will get a period soon, are you breastfeeding? It might take a little longer if so. I love being a mommy too! BC does stink in every form. The pill has always made me feel horrible with hormones going every which way and comdoms are just not going to happen! lol. Love your daughters name SO much!!! What does your husband say about another one right away? My biggest hurdle in having more is the financial situation because these kiddos arn't cheap! :P I do save a lot of money using cloth diapers. I did the math and using disposables cost about $2.00/day and cloth is just cents.
susieque64
Friend

Postby Snumberuno » Thu May 08, 2014 11:48 am

I was breast feeding now Madysons on formula. What's your baby's name ? My husband says a year I'm like no way! We to are in the same finincial situation I'm a stay at home mommy and he works. I really miss my pay check! But it's so worth it staying home with her. I should cloth but isn't it really messy? What brand do you use? What if it leaks ?? Sorry for all the questions! I don't care about material things anymore I just wanna have babies and be mommy to them I love it sooo much it's like I finally found my passion in life I'm doing what I love! I put having kids on hold and I don't wanna hold anymore! Am I crazy? I wouldn't mind being pregnant now right this second I miss it! I almost wanna ditch the condoms now but I'm thinking I could be ovulating not sure? It maybe normal from the section to have that mucus like discharge? The only thing that worries me about pregnancy now is the whole rupture thing that would be my luck! Did you know you were going to need a section? I wild love two close in age then wait a year or two and try for my last !
Snumberuno
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby susieque64 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:20 pm

I did have a scheduled c-section because my daughter Abigail was breech at 39 weeks and she was 9 pounds. I didn't want to flip her in the womb because I was afriad the cord would wrap around her neck.What about you?

My surgery went really well and was almost fun haha. All the doctors and nurses talked about football and the weekend and it was low stress and I was happy. Cloth diapering is not bad at all, once you get the hang of it. I use Green Mountain diaper pre-folds (www.greenmountaindiapers.com) and I use Thirsties brand covers. I never have leaks or blow outs...I DO use disposables at night though because she sleeps through the night. I am about to start using cloth wipes too just because I think it would be more convenient since I am already cleaning diapers. You do NEED a diaper sprayer though...it hooks to your toilet and it's like a sprayer you have in the kitchen that you squeeze and can bend. Then all you do is hold the diaper up and spray it down and then just throw it in your washer with a free and clear detergent. The toilet I use to do this I don't use though because it can get germy with poo flying haha. I just wash my hands up though and it's all good.I am a stay at home mom too! That is great you don't care much about material objects. I have seen so many people chase money and worldly success and they are some of the most depressed people I know. You are not crazy :P Oh, and when they talk about a rupture that would only happen if you had a natural labor. Just carrying the baby you would be fine (from my research). I believe they would just schedule you a c section around 38ish weeks to be sure you don't go into labor. I have heard some people thay say if you get pregnant too soon after the section the stretching of the uterus hurts and it can cause the incision to burn and be painful. It wouldn't rupture but it would just put stress on a relatively new wound. but anyways, it's fun talking to you! I'm glad I'm not the only baby obsessed crazy out there haha.
susieque64
Friend

Postby susieque64 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:23 pm

If you are no longer breastfeeding you should be ovulating really soon. You will know for sure when you get a period...oh the fun.
susieque64
Friend

Postby Snumberuno » Thu May 08, 2014 7:36 pm

That's really interesting about the toilet sprayer lol. My c section was not planned I went in at 37 wks she was head down then @ 38weeks he said he could I due me because he was going out of town and I didn't want his partner my bffs dad to deliver my baby haha... Anyway I went in at 39weeks and labored 14 hours it was a induction. At noon my dr came in checked me and I really had made no progress so he did A c section she was 7.12 and my pelvis is apparently small?? Haha... Tmi we did the deed today and I surprised him and we didn't use a condom at first then he was about to go so he got one :/ I had already had mine haha... Anyways... I'm extremely in the mood is that normal lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one with baby fever!
Snumberuno
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC #2 or more