It wasn't implantation bleeding :(

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

It wasn't implantation bleeding :(

Postby Jemmasmommy428 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:57 am

Hi ladies. I'm new to this board but a second timer in the ttc community. I found that Most of these boards are filled with women asking if they could be pregnant and not enough posts about what actually happened to them. So, I've decided to share my experience this time around as compared with when my DH and I were blessed with our DD. I'll start by saying I'm 32 and DH is 30. DD is 20 months. I have PCOS (no symptoms other than irregular periods) and husband has super sperm count. last time around I was semi-spoiled. We did one round of Clomid (nothing happened other than I was border-line insane) and one round of femara (hot flashes were killing me) and then moved on to injectables. We did 8 days of Gonal-H and made one good follie. I had an HCG shot and then 24 hours later, an IUI. I waited the excruciating 2ww and sneaked a POAS on day 12 to reveal a BFP. That was on Mother's Day 2012 (couldn't have been anymore like a fairy tale). DD was born in January 2013. Fast forward to TTC #2. Our Dr. had us skip all the other steps since injectables worked so well the last time and started me Gonal-F. Again, after 8 days I produced one large follie and one smaller but still plausible follie. My DH gave me the HCG shot (dr gave it last time) on August 22 and iui was scheduled for august 23. DH and I BG'd two more times that day and once the next for good measure. Then the horrid tww. I decided to POAS every day to see when the HCG tested out of me so I knew I couldn't get a false positive - that happened 5 dpiui. I had lots of symptoms. Irritable, emotional, tired, runny nose, sore throat and nipples, hungry, etc but everyday from 5 dpiui and on, only BFN. Then something strange happened. On 12dpiui I woke up with a splitting headache that turned into a god awful migraine that lasted about 20 hours. The next day, 13dpiui, I was sick to my stomach - nauseous and had no appetite. My headache had subsided but my stomach felt full and bloated. I went to the bathroom late in the afternoon, thinking I might vomit, but instead, there was a bit of blood on my underwear. My heart was broken and I thought - I'm out this round! I put on a panty liner and went about the rest of my evening, all the while feeling nauseous and disappointed. The bleeding stopped for about 6 hours and I convinced myself after reading all the ttc boards that maybe it was implantation bleeding (I did not have this with DD). Fast forward to today, 14dpiui and while I didn't bleed any more yesterday or during the night, when I went to the bathroom there was an awful lot blood this am and a BFN just to confirm my fears. As a side note my AF isn't due for 5 more days. I am going to the Dr later today for a beta test and will give everyone an update. Sometimes it's just not implantation bleeding and you have to accept that your out this round. I've finally come to terms with that!
Jemmasmommy428

Return to TTC #2 or more