What do you think??

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

What do you think??

Postby Mommybee » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi all! I'm still breastfeeding my 12 month old, but have had a normal period for the past 2 months. January was the first month we TTC. Today was due for AF but she was no show. I also took a Clear blue test around lunch time and it was negative. I have had low dull but deep cramps for 3 days, my cervix is still really creamy, I have low back cramps, and I have huge amounts of what looks like EW mucus. If AF doesn't come by Friday I want to test again. Do you guys think I still have a chance??
Mommybee
Friend

Re: What do you think??

Postby TurtleMommaTB » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:05 am

The way I look at it...there is always a chance until the witch shows. :-)
Good luck and please keep us posted on your testing!

FMU is always better to test with anyway so I wouldn't worry too much about the afternoon negative.
Me - 35
DH - 36
Married - 5/5/2012

1 Angel baby, Arya Kathrine, MC 11 June 2013
Turtle Kid 1, BFP 29 Aug 2013, DS - Samuel Arthur, born 13 April 2014
Turtle Kid 2, BFP 6 Mar 2015, DD - Ainsley Anne, born 8 November 2015
TurtleMommaTB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommybee » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:53 am

Thank you for the encouragement! I'll try to remember to post my update :)
Mommybee
Friend

Postby momma3:) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:40 am

Hi Mommybee!

Are we on the exact same cycle and experiencing the same symptoms??? :) LOL... Wow your symptoms seem very similar to mine. Plus we are both due for AF now!

Fingers crossed for you as well :) Like Turtlemomma said, until AF shows we all still got a chance :)

Are you charting??
momma3:)
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommybee » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:21 am

That's so fun Momma3! Still no AF, still BFn, still dull cramps this morning :( i just hope something happens soon! I'm crazy enough without charting lol. If I dot get preggo in 6 months then I'll chart ;)
Mommybee
Friend

Postby momma3:) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Same here-nothing all day!
I'll test again in the morning for giggles.:)

Keep us posted!!
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momma3:) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:39 am

Any news MommyBee?? :)
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommybee » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:22 am

Well..sadly I had another neg and got diagnosed with BV (a bacterial infection) which is possibly the reason for my issues :( what about you??
Mommybee
Friend

Postby momma3:) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Mommybee,

I am so sorry to hear about the negative and the bacterial infection! Yikes-sounds like a rough week for you!!!
Does that mean AF showed up for you? Or just MIA...

FRER this am was negative. My temp is low too, so I bet in the next day or two I'll get AF :(
Oh well-since I'm not pregnant I am just anxious to get my AF and then start the new cycle!!!!!

how are you doing with all of this??
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MRC1013 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:46 pm

I am also breastfeeding my 10mo and TTC. Let's keep in touch because I am starting to get defeated. My husband and I don't really try very hard each month, but we make sure to DTD at least twice around ovulation (we've been unofficially trying for about 4 months now). This month was the first time I actually tested for my LH surge because, although my periods have been VERY heavy, I was starting to think I wasn't ovulating! My surge was, in fact, yesterday, so here goes my TWW...

How many nursing sessions do you ladies have each day? I have heard, that even though we get our periods, bfing still prevents us from getting pregnant- what are your thoughts/experience with this?

We have about 4 feedings during the day and 4-6 through the night (I know! Thank God for bedsharing!). I got my period back at 7 weeks postpartum, so my body has had a pretty long while to get back into the swing of things- my cycle is about 30 days long.

-Marissa
MRC1013
Friend

Postby momma3:) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

Hi Marissa,

Congrats on your LH surge!! Hopeful for you to get BFP this month :)

I'm nursing my 13 month old, only before bed--so I'm barely nursing anymore; sometimes he breastfeeds in the morning when he wakes up. He is on a solid food diet.
Are you charting? We just started TTC last month, and I charted. It showed I ovulated-so I guess that is positive. I suggest ovulation predictor kit tests and/or charting to see if you are ovulating. I was nursing a little bit more last month and still managed to ovulate, so it can definitely mean for nursing mamas that have their period they can still ovulate in some cases.
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MRC1013 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:10 pm

momma3:),

Wow! You have a really good shot of getting pregnant if you're only bfing at bedtime- my little guy is still pretty attached and VERY dependent on me, though he eats 3 solid meals/day :/

We are trying to take it slow and let it happen when/if it happens. I would like to bf for at least a year and am very afraid of my milk drying up. I tell myself that if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I have never charted or anything-I think I will start to get more serious once we near that 1-year mark in April.

Looking forward to keeping in touch :)
MRC1013
Friend

Postby momma3:) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Hey MRC1013,

Thanks! Yes, my little guy is similar, in that he enjoys nursing for closeness and bonding. I too enjoy our nursing sessions. I breastfed my first son until 14 months-he self weaned. Well see if my second son follows in that same path. I have heard that pregnancy can change the taste of milk and cause it to dry up.
Very exciting and I hope you have a successful month!!
Hope you have a great week! :)
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC #2 or more