First postpartum cycle?

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First postpartum cycle?

Postby TTCandhopeful » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi guys! I'm new to this board...but spent a lot of time on the TWW forums while waiting on my last BFP and in a due date club on the pregnancy side. My DS is 8 months old and I'm starting to plan ahead for TTC baby #3.

This little guy is a hard core breastfeeder...he is still BF for 100% of his meals except to try out a veggie now and then. I figured it would be a while until my cycles came back...but last month I had some light spotting and cramps for just a few days and thought my cycle was starting. I'm now on cd 40 of what I thought would be my first real cycle, but no sign of anything! Has anyone experienced anything similar while breastfeeding, or have any insight in to the first return of your cycle?

I've had irregular cycles forever and it took 10 months to get my BFP for DS due to how much my cycles vary. We plan to try for #3 within the next year, so I am actually anxious to get my cycle back so I can start tracking and figuring it out, to hopefully have things go a little faster next time.
TTCandhopeful
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: First postpartum cycle?

Postby southernbelle » Tue May 05, 2015 8:49 pm

I just started cramping one day and felt "off" so I took an opk and there was color where previously it was stark white. I think it was the next day or two when I did another and it was stark white. I was confused than af showed up later that day. She stayed away for another 60 days. I started charting after she came pp and my temps were all over the place. took about three months for my cycles to become regular again.
southernbelle

Postby TaraLang » Wed May 06, 2015 3:42 am

It took my about 2 1/2 months to get back to my regular cycle. I wasn't breastfeeding though. Before my first period I thought I was ovulating and started taking ovulation tests so I could track it.... Maybe if you get a lot and start taking them you can find out and start tracking.
good luck!!
TaraLang
Friend

Postby TaraLang » Wed May 06, 2015 3:44 am

Just noticed I misspelled/mistyped everything! Sorry feeding the baby and only had one hand!
TaraLang
Friend

Postby Crissypepsi » Wed May 27, 2015 1:20 pm

Hello,
I'm new here but thought I would share my experience. I still breastfeed my 1 year old. I got my first PP cycle back in November (Daughter was born in May). My warning sign looking back was it was very painful to nurse. I had that one cycle, I would consider it a warning cylce. It was very short for me, only 3 days. I fully expected my cylces to keep coming around but they did not. I did not get another until January, and then another in March. Since March I have been getting more regular. I did however introduce solids to my daughter at 4-5 months. She still nurses up to 4 times a night and I am getting a regular cycle, however I do not nurse during the day and have not for about 2 months now. Hope this helps!
Crissypepsi
Friend

Return to TTC #2 or more