TTC #2 while Breastfeeding Hurts to Nurse/Pump

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC #2 while Breastfeeding Hurts to Nurse/Pump

Postby Crissypepsi » Wed May 27, 2015 1:43 pm

Hello,
I am sorry if this is a little long.

My husnad and I decided to start trying for baby #2. I have had about 4 normal cycles while breastfeeding. I track CM so far but I didn't Temp this month. (I couldn't find my thermometer in time :? ) Anyway. I am pretty sure based just on CM and timing that we don't have much of a shot this month and I am ok with that, but I've had some odd symptoms and was hoping for some input.

My first PP cycle back in Nov. it was painful to nurse and my milk supply dropped dramatically. I had a short cycle, then it was gone until Jan. In Jan and since then I get no real warning sign AF is near... one minute I'm good the next I go the bathroom and she's there!

So this month I've had a lot going on symptom wise starting about 2 days after when I *Think* I O'd (can't confrim) I was really bloated and gassy. I felt EXACTLY the way I did when I was pregnant with DD. But I'm not banking on it. The symptom getting me the most is how terribly painful it is to nurse and pump, I mean I can barely get through a session. It started about 4 days after what I think was O and has progressively gotten worse. I would love for it to be a PG symptom but again not counting on it.

Main question... for those breastfeeding and have had their cycle return, have you noticed a change in signs that AF is near as the months go on? I'm really hoping the painful nursing isn't going to happen every month before AF. :cry:
Crissypepsi
Friend

Re: TTC #2 while Breastfeeding Hurts to Nurse/Pump

Postby Buffalove8114 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:50 am

Hi -- I know this was a few weeks ago, but I'd love to hear an update from you!

I'm in a similar situation. My DS is 10 months and still exclusively nursing. I've had 1 weird, and 3 back to normal PP cycles. We're not super-duper trying for #2, but very open to it if it happens naturally. This month I had very obvious O pains on CD16 and we DTD on CD 14 & 15, so timing-wise definitely possible. Currently 11DPO, but BFN this morning.

However, my supply when pumping is way down -- like half what it usually is when I'm at work. And my nipples are very sore during a pumping session -- almost as bad as when I first went back to work and started regularly pumping several times a day. This combined with fatigue and watery CM the past few days are what prompted me to test this morning. It may still be too early, but who knows.

That said, I've thought I was preg every PP cycle. I never used to have symptoms of AF -- only cramps and belly upset the day she arrived, never anything before. The past three cycles, I've had nausea, dizziness, and fatigue during the week before AF arrived. So I'm thinking that my body after DS just responds to AF differently than before?

Anyway, I don't know if any of that was helpful to you, but I'd love to know how things turned out!
Buffalove8114

Return to TTC #2 or more