TTC no2 after 2 years on the pill. Possible implantation?

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC no2 after 2 years on the pill. Possible implantation?

Postby Jakesmummy22 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi all,

I have a gorgeous 2 year old boy and we have decided to try for no2. It took a long time to conceive no1 all though it did happen naturally in the end.

I came off the pill just over 2 weeks ago with hope to conceive at some point over the summer. I came off at the end of a packet and had my period.

2 days ago I noticed a thick clear 'snot like' discharge with a thin blood streak, this occured 2-3 times over the next few hours. Yesterday when I wiped after toilet trips, the tissue was pink, so I put in a pad to then find a small amount of brown. Sorry for the gory info!

So it appeared to be and fits perfectly with implantation bleeding, but my question is, can this also be a sign of hormones adjusting after 2 years on the pill? Also it is believed a woman ovulates mid cycle and implantation doesn't occur until 7-10 days after the egg is fertilised so most would say this is too quick to be implantation bleeding, but my first son was conceived the day after a period finished so if this is the case again, it would work out about right if it was implantation. I just don't want to raise my hopes.

What are peoples thoughts? I'm aware it can happen for some if they even miss one pill, but if it has happened how I think, then I was only off the pill for 2-5 days before falling pregnant which seems highly unlikely. I will now have another 2-3 weeks to wait until I could read a positive result I believe as I would need to wait until the date my period is due.. which is never the same date monthly! Usually around 5 weekly... Again makes ovulation 5 weeks earlier seem impossible but I know I'm not the only one to conceive after a period. It's all confusing!
Jakesmummy22
Friend

Re: TTC no2 after 2 years on the pill. Possible implantation

Postby Jessibabi123 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:40 pm

Hey lovely,
When I came off the pill my first cycle was a bit all over the place. The pill makes your body think your pregnant.. So when you come off it it goes a bit haywire.
They say it takes a cycle or 2 for your body to get back into gear.
I thought for sure I was pregnant but then my period came..
I took vitex for the first 2 weeks of my second cycle and took my temps everyday.. The second month ovulation occured with perfect timing and got my BFP at 16dpo.

Are you charting your temps?

Hopefully you beat the odds!
Keep us updated xo
I'm Jess, 23 years old, stay at home mummy to my beautiful daughter, born April 2013 and gorgeous son, born November 2014.
BFP 2nd cycle ttc first baby.
BFP by surprise at 6 weeks pregnant second baby.
BFP 1st cycle ttc third baby.
Baby dust to all xo
Image<br />My Ovulation Chart<br />
Jessibabi123
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC #2 or more