TTC while breastfeeding! Anyone else?

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC while breastfeeding! Anyone else?

Postby Jessibabi123 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi lovelies,
I'm Jess 22 from Australia, and currently on my first cycle ttc my third.. While breastfeeding my second baby, Leo who is 8.5 months old.

Anyone else here ttc while breastfeeding?

This is my first cycle after having leo so it's been a bit all over the place.
I wasnt sure I'd even ovulated until my temp spiked this morning on CD26!!

We only baby danced once the day before O, and I was on top! Lol not optimal for the swimmers.. So I'm a bit worried we won't catch the egg!

Where are you in your cycle?
How long have you been ttc while breastfeeding?
xo
Attachments
image.jpg
(167.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I'm Jess, 23 years old, stay at home mummy to my beautiful daughter, born April 2013 and gorgeous son, born November 2014.
BFP 2nd cycle ttc first baby.
BFP by surprise at 6 weeks pregnant second baby.
BFP 1st cycle ttc third baby.
Baby dust to all xo
Image<br />My Ovulation Chart<br />
Jessibabi123
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: TTC while breastfeeding! Anyone else?

Postby ambernicole8484 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:56 pm

I'm not ttc, but I wanted to say good luck! I breastfeed but I don't think we'll be ttc again, if we do, for another year or longer. Probably won't be breastfeeding by then, but who knows?!

A good friend of mine breastfeeds her 9 month old and is pregnant with her #2. I don't think it took long at all once she started trying.
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby opac24 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:59 am

I am eb my first who is just four months old. My cycles have not returned, but I have just started charting again after having a lot of fertile cm. Wouldn't mind number two being close in age as number one, but we'll see what my body does. Did you have a lot of cm for awhile before af? I have been temping and they are pretty eradict, but dd still feeds at night so that could be causing some eradication. Good luck!!
opac24
Friend

Postby southern_rayne » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:30 pm

I'm with ya, I'm ebf my 5 month old and cycles haven't returned yet (which is good lol) I just started temping, not even a week yet lol
I'm completely new to TTC since I wasn't trying for either of my boys
I have endo as well so my cycles before babies were all over the place so I figured temping and cheapie OPKs are the way to go
My hats off to the women who have been TTC for a while, this journey is intense but glad to be here and hopefully in the new year I can say I'm preggo
southern_rayne
Friend

Postby opac24 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Do you have to use the OPKs everyday for them to catch your ovulation? I used the clear blue kit awhile back, but am thinking the cheapie OPKs would be way more useful right now.
opac24
Friend

Postby southern_rayne » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:45 pm

Opac for this month I am using OPKs every day since I don't know where I am in my cycle and I'm trying to regulate my hormones and cycle since I haven't had a cycle since my son was born and he's just over 5 months old
I figure once I have a full month temped and charted I can only use OPKs leading up to when I think I'll ovulate
I stocked up on OPKs and the cheapie pregnancy tests while they were on sale, although they're cheap if you buy larger quantities so you could test every day if you wanted to
southern_rayne
Friend

Postby opac24 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:08 pm

That makes sense. I have been trying to figure out how to go about understanding my cycles. I finally got the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book and that has helped a bit along with consitent temping. I think I may have ovulated this month so I guess I will have to wait and see. I plan to get some cheapie OPKs and hopefully see what they say.
opac24
Friend

Postby southern_rayne » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:24 am

I haven't read that book but have heard great things about it...right now I'm using an app to track temp and CM and peeing on a million plus one ovulation tests lol I'd rather be peeing on pregnancy tests but soon enough I hope
I just started taking meds to try and kick start my system into a normal type of cycle since my hormones are all crazy from post patrtum, Endo and a regular non pregnancy hormone imbalance of estrogen dominance
Here's hoping it can get things normalized so I can get to baby making in the new year since this waiting to try for a baby is almost as bad as waiting to find out if your pregnant lol
Alas I know waiting is what's best for me and a babe whenever I get pregnant but patience is a virtue I do NOT have haha
southern_rayne
Friend

Postby Caj14 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:04 am

I bf my 22 month old and my cycles just returned in August. I don't think I ovulated in sept but just got a + opk two days ago on cd 27. Fingers crossed this cycle is the one! If not, I'm planning on giving it another 4 months ttc before we decide to wean :(
Caj14

Postby summerdawnc » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:43 am

We are! I am only 10 weeks PP, but not getting back on the pill. Haven't cycled yet but still BF-ing so I'm sure it will be a while yet. Good luck!
summerdawnc
Friend

Postby Mama2Thea » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:47 pm

We're also TTC and I'm still breastfeeding our 9 month old! I'm in my first cycle pp, so crossing my fingers it happens quick!!
Mama2Thea
Friend

Return to TTC #2 or more