EBF and no cycle question

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

EBF and no cycle question

Postby southern_rayne » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:51 pm

First I just want to say thank god for TWW, I have two children who were not planned so now I am trying to baby #3 and can I just say hats off to you ladies who do this long term
My question is since having my youngest son who is 5 months, I have EBF (exclusively breastfed) and as such I haven't had a period yet. With my eldest son (30 months today) I didn't have a period for 9 months PP
I have just started temping (a whole whopping 3 days so far lol) and I know my cycles are all over the place due to endo so I will be starting FertilAid or their tea to try and help regulate hormones
Aside from temping, how would you track fertility? I just bought those cheap OPKs but don't think I'd want to do them everyday just to track
I should note I will be hopefully trying in Jan so I can track ahead of time to optimize conception, although I may cave and try Dec since I can't wait to try and grow my family
I'm pretty much a TTC virgin when it comes to what I can do to boost things to help my chances so any insight would be most welcome. I know the ladies on the TWW due date club I was in with my youngest were the most supportive women, hopefully I can find support here :)
southern_rayne
Friend

Re: EBF and no cycle question

Postby southernbelle » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:47 pm

Just be careful that what you take is breastfeeding friendly! Took me 9 months pp to get af back and one cycle to regulate. Good luck!
NTNP

Mar 2013 chemical pregnancy
May 2013 :bfp:
Feb 2014 Baby Girl :babyg:
Feb 2015 missed miscarriage @ 8 weeks (Vitex)
Apr 2015 miscarriage @ 6 weeks (Vitex)
Jun 2015 hysteroscopy
Aug 2015 failed IUI #1 (Femara, Follistim, Ovidrel)
Sep 2015 chemical pregnancy (Vitex)
Oct 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 100mg Clomid cd 3-7 - Round 1
Nov 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, 150mg Clomid cd 3-7, Follistim cd 8-11, Ovidrel
Dec 2015 500mg Metformin, Baby Aspirin, Vitex, Preseed, Mucinex :bfp:
Aug 2016 Baby Boy :babyb:

My Ovulation Chart
southernbelle

Return to TTC #2 or more