TTC #2 while still breastfeeding!

This board is for Mom's TTC #2, #3, #4 or more!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC #2 while still breastfeeding!

Postby tryingforbaby#2 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:38 am

Thanks in advance for any help! I am trying to figure out if I am going crazy or if I might be pregnant. I had been having classic symptoms of pregnancy for myself (trying for baby #2) before my period was due to arrive. I took pregnancy tests up until my period came, which was four days late. My period seemed kind of normal but was a little off in terms of color and flow. And now I am two days after my period "ended" and am still spotting. None of this is normal for me and I am still feeling very pregnant. So I guess my question is, is there a chance I still could be pregnant? Should I try another test or should I make an appointment with by ob? I feel a little crazy telling them I've had negative tests and a period and still think I might be pregnant.
tryingforbaby#2

Re: TTC #2 while still breastfeeding!

Postby Mommy2onegirl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:40 am

Hi-
I see your post was from July... what happened? Are you pregnant? I am feeling sort of the same way - I swear I think I am, but who knows, it may be wishful thinking.
I am still breastfeeding my 20 month old but my period never returned - yes it has been a LONG time since I've had a period. I got off the pill and started doing OPK to see if I was even ovulating because we wanted to start trying for baby #2 soon. Well - according to OPK I did ovulate and 5 days later I started spotting... I haven't had a period in a couple of years so this really took me aback. Based on ovulation date - I shouldn't be spotting yet - I thought maybe IB on days 5-6. I swear I feel I'm pregnant, but then there's the other part of me that swear I'm just hoping and feeling phantom things like heartburn and cramping.

Anyone else out there that can relate? Or am I in this tree branch all lonesome?
Mommy2onegirl
Friend

Return to TTC #2 or more