bleeding after chemical

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

bleeding after chemical

Postby JessieL2 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:40 pm

it came on time i figured it would be like a normal period but it wasn't. the first day was heavy dark red and brown flow with big clots, second day same thing but flow was lighter and more brown. then for the next 5 days it was a pinkish brown discharge/spotting and tons of nickel size black clots. i thought it was almost over and then yesterday i went to the bathroom at work and passed a slew of big clots or tissue im not sure what it was really. one of them was half dollar size. the brown discharge picked up and got thicker in the evening too. now today there is only tan/brownish discharge when i wipe but when i had a bowel movement it caused my body to push out this long brown snotty string looking thing. had to be at least 3 inches long. overall i have been having a dry brown flow but a ton of clots. i am hoping this is the end of it. has anyone gone through anything similar??
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/272d85
Me- PCOS, Hashimoto's Disease w/Hypothyroidism, Endometriosis & awaiting a LAP to find out the extent (possibly on my intestines too), LPD.
DH- S/A all numbers on the very low side of normal so not great but still doable!
JessieL2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby jessie2354 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Jessie - I'm so sorry your having to go through this!!!! When I had my first M/c I was about 6 weeks and it was very similar to what your experiencing. If I remember correctly the whole process took about 8 days.

With this one I only had brown the first day then its all been dark red but when ever I have a bowel movement I have stringy red CM.

If you start bleeding through super pads within an hour call your Dr asap. Also the more active you are the more/ faster you'll bleed. The best thing I've found is putting on your comfy sweats, full bottom panties, a super pad with wings, and laying on your couch with a heating pad or blanket for the cramps.

Again I'm so very sorry you have to go through this and really hope you don't ever have to go through this again!
DS: Aiden James born into heaven 11/5/2010 3 miscarriages 2 Fur babies: Shadow and Missy Taking: Clomid, baby asprin, prenatals Read our story: www.coloradomaresfamily.blogspot.com
jessie2354

Postby JessieL2 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:10 pm

thanks. i've been through other m/c but they weren't like this. they were just sudden gushes of red blood with hardly any clots but they were farther along than this. it really wasn't that bad, my cramps stopped after the first day. i think it may be over with now. i didn't have anything but a light tan "film" on the tp all night. i think it's over.

i just thought it was really weird because after the first day and a half there really wasnt any flow. just a lot of clots. like you said being active probably speeds it up.. i had to go to work and i didn't tell anyone there. didn't see a reason too. i wasn't dying or gushing blood so i knew they wouldn't understand anyway :roll: im actually trying really hard to do other things and not think about this but its hard.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/272d85
Me- PCOS, Hashimoto's Disease w/Hypothyroidism, Endometriosis & awaiting a LAP to find out the extent (possibly on my intestines too), LPD.
DH- S/A all numbers on the very low side of normal so not great but still doable!
JessieL2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support