I'm here..and I'm scared

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

I'm here..and I'm scared

Postby bilson » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:59 am

Hi ladies...went to the ER last night and was told that I most likely had a "missed abortion". Does this mean a chemical? The doc told me that my beta was 170 (which would be 26dpo) and it was 460 last wednesday (which was 22dpo)

I go in tomorrow for an u/s to make sure everything is okay in there (I guess to make sure there is nothing left behind?)

I just want to know what I should be expecting as far as bleeding...

The doc did a pap last night and said that my cervix was "almost closed" and that all he could find was old brown blood.

When will I start bleeding? Will it be like a period? Can I wear a tampon?

How will I know when my new cycle starts?

This really sucks and I'm totally heartbroken. No one should ever have to go through this :(
Me (32) DH (32), married since Aug. 2007, together since 2000
TTC #1 since May 2010 (more like NTNP), seriously trying since Dec 2010
Image (Apr. 2011 - 5-6 weeks)

BFP - Aug.1/11 (16dpo)
My Ovulation Chart

ImageImage
bilson
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby panda1119 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:19 pm

i dont know the answer to your question bc i started bleeding thats how i found out i had mc. and the other times i had a d&c. your in my thoughts...hugs to you.
me: 26
dh: 27

7/25/2010- Ayla Marie born 2lbs 12.4 oz 14.5 inches long......OUR MIRACLE!

m/c 2-09@5.5 wks -natural mc
m/c 11-08@9wks-baby boy-D&C
m/c 3-08@6wks-natural mc
m/c 10-06@8wks-D&C x2
panda1119
Friend

Postby Desires » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:38 pm

Hey, *hugs* It's ok to be scared. I am very very sorry.

Don't wear a tampon. It will hinder letting pieces pass and because you don't want anything in there that could cause infections for the first two weeks. I'm not exactly sure what you will see so be safe and use pads during your whole miscarriage. Since they are calling it a missed.. that means your body hasn't realized it is miscarrying yet. Chemicals happen right before/right at the time your period would start. I will pray that it starts for you soon so you can get on with everything. You may or may not have pain. It could like cramps or it could be worse. It will be heavier than a period and might last a little longer too. My bleeding slowed down considerably once everything had passed. If you chart your miscarriage you will start cd1 as the day where you are bleeding not spotting. Just like you would a regular period. Your doctor probably wants to double check things and make sure they are on the same page as the ER.
Danika
Alannah ♥04.18.08♥
Lilah ♥12.05.11♥
01.2011 m/c (8 wks)

Desires

Postby bilson » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Thank you Desires - that is really helpful! I guess that means I need to go out and by some *icky* pads...better to be safe though

panda - I am sooo sorry for you losses too :) but glad to see you got your miracle baby!

BFP - Aug.1/11 (16dpo)
My Ovulation Chart

ImageImage
bilson
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Aussie_Mummy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:59 am

Bilson

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I've had a number of m/c myself, so I know what you are going through. There isn't anything anyone can say to make things easier, except that you WILL get your take home baby, and what you are feeling now won't last forever. You have to keep positive although if right now what you need is to cry and feel awful, then go for it. It doesn't matter when a m/c happens, it's still a pregnancy loss and you need to grieve.

As pp have said, wear a pad rather than a tampon and be kind to yourself - take it easy and rest up as much as you can.

It might not be any consolation to you, but many women go on to get pg again straight after a m/c, and your next pregnancy has as much chance of going to term as any other. KUP and *hugs* xx
Aussie_Mummy

Postby bilson » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Thanks AussieMommy - I really appreciate your kind words :) I am doing a bit better today!

BFP - Aug.1/11 (16dpo)
My Ovulation Chart

ImageImage
bilson
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support