5w 4d Question

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

5w 4d Question

Postby Tanise77 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:02 pm

I went into the hospital last thursday to find out that I was pregnant, I thought I was just fighting another cyst on my right ovary as I have PCOS. My HCG was at 800 and other than the little bit of cramping everything seemed okay. 6 hours later, I started to bleed and went back to the hospital. They couldn't take another HCG because not enough time had passed to really tell and the bleeding wasn't heavy so they sent me home with high hopes that it was more implementation bleeding as I'm still early in and 5w couldn't be confirmed as I had not been charting and my cycles are erratic. Saturday night I went to the bathroom and passed a medium sized clot and knew that things were going bad. I went back to another hospital that I like better because they are faster to find out that my HCG had fallen to 100 and the lining of my uterus was back to normal. The bleeding has already stopped almost immediately after losing the clot. I'm devasted...I thought I'd finally made it. My poor husband took everything in stride and has been by my side for all of it... Question is, will I see more blood if it has already seemed to stop? When do the pregnancy syptoms stop? Still nauceous and so tired, boobs still hurt, it's a nasty thing nature keeps this up when you know its over. :cry:
Tanise77
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby waitingtobemommy » Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 pm

I m/c at 5 weeks, and honestly it wasnt that bad for me. I had what seemed like a normal AF, just slightly heavier and a bit more crampier. I went on to have a normal 26 day cycle afterwards, so to me everything went really smoothly with the m/c. I have had really wacky cycles the 2 following the m/c and I'm not sure if it's still because of m/c or not. I guess my point is that it's different for everyone, but mine resembled AF completely. Good luck and sorry you're going through this!
Me (Jen): 34, DH: 35
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012
:angel: @ 5 weeks; March 2011
:angel2: @ 8 weeks; Jan. 2012-Trisomy 16

DS Owen Matthew born 1/17/13 via FET
Surprise natural BFP 8/3/14! EDD 4/10/15!
waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tanise77 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:22 am

thanks waitingtobemommy, I'm finally done I think, took a week and a half, the bleeding only stopped at first that night, and by the next morning it was like someone opened a flood gate! Here's hoping that we get our BFP soon complete with sticky dust!!
Tanise77
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support