Anyone do genetic testing and got results??

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anyone do genetic testing and got results??

Postby kierann » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 pm

I got the report which indicates there were no genetic abnormalites. This came to me as a shock. Considering my age as well at 41, I thought downs or something like that. These results are seen as a positive by the OB but for me just raises more questions. If not genetic issues then what could have caused it. This is going over and over in my head. I have a 14 month old so I know I can carry a baby. I was just shocked to find this out.
Me 41 DH 41 TTC #1 2/09 Elevated FSH and 5% Morphology 2/10 Clomid/IUI BFN 3/10 No Tx due to Cyst 4/10 Femera/Follistim/IUI BFP!!! Baby Girl Born Perfect 12/22/2010! Surprise BFP May 2011 Miscarriage July 2011 IUI with Femera and Follistim Oct 2011 BFN Surprise BFP Dec 2011 Beta #1 1330 Beta #2 3600 Due Date Aug17th 2011.
kierann
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby unaffected » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:00 am

I'm so sorry for your loss.

If it was not chromosomal abnormalities, it could be because of implantation dysfunction or an autoimmune issue. I'm sure there are other reasons it could have happened, but those are the ones that come to my mind.

I had testing done after my D&C to rule out immune issues, as I had been diagnosed with some. My results came back as a chromosomal abnormality, so I was able to rule out autoimmune (even though I will continue to take my preventive meds: blood thinner and steroid).

You could always request an immune panel done, if your doc does that. Many don't, but it could give you some answers.

Best of luck to you!
Me (Kara): 30 DH: 30 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby DahliaLove » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:43 am

I'm really sorry you had to go through this.

I had testing done and there were also no chromosomal abnormalities found, which didn't do much for me as far as explanations go.

Our baby had a 7mm septated cystic hygroma. From what I read about this only 1% of babies with this issue (that do not have chromosomal issues) die. So, basically I have no idea what the cause was. It could have been the spine or heart, but it must have been very bad. From what I understand babies with this (again, without chromosomal issues) usually make it to full term and then have surgery of some sort or it resolves itself later in the pregnancy. I also read that if the hygroma is septated then to expect the worst outcome. I didn't know this until after. So much conflicting information out there for me to weed through. I'm at a loss and will be so worried it will happen again, since there was no explanation for it, should I become pregnant again.

Did you have an nt scan prior to your loss (if you don't mind me asking)?
Me- 37 DH - 39

Trying for #1 since forever.

Natural pregnancy June 2011
MC @ 13wks Sept 2011
DahliaLove
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support