MC ? Very confused please Help

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

MC ? Very confused please Help

Postby Pinkdaisy05 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:05 am

Hi everyone- I was about 4 weeks 6 days along yesterday. On Thursday night I started spotting so I went to the hospital. I had a positive pregnancy test Thursday night and the dr said if I was still spotting in the morning he would arrange an emergency ultrasound for me. I went and get couldn't see a gestational sac but she said it could be too early. I had no pregnancy outside of the uterus and no hemorrhage which was good. I went back to the dr at 5pm yesterday and did a urine test and it was negative. He said I must have miscarried. I was so upset and confused. I went home and I POAS and it was positive so that made me even more confused. I don't know how fast HCG leaves your system when you are pregnant but I did not think it was that quick. So now I am waiting for the cramping and the clots and tissue to pass and I have had nothing yet. I never did have any cramping. The doctor never did confirm pregnancy with a blood test. I don't know if I actually miscarried or not, what do you think? I was thinking if I still had a positive test on Monday I would go back to the dr and demand he order blood tests for me to see what's going on. Thank you all for reading and your support.
Pinkdaisy05
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Chelsea31 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:16 am

Hey love, I know exactly what you are going through..I am right there with you. I should be 5 weeks 4 days and was in the ER all day yesterday..my levels are still rising but my brown spotting that I have had since ovulation has turned into bright red Monday night..keeps going back and forth between red and brown. I had them confirm yesterday that is wasn't a tubal pregnancy, but all they could see was fluid in my uterus nothing else. I have to go back Monday for more blood work. I would demand blood work, you need to see where your hcg levels are. Mine are horrible. They were 501 Wednesday and yesterday they were 859..it's the worst feeling to go through something like this, especially when you don't have answers. Hope you are doing ok..I feel your pain right now
Chelsea31
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Pinkdaisy05 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Thanks for the reply Chelsea, I am so sorry you are going through the same thing (((HUGS))) I am going to get the doctor to order betas for me. I haven't cramped yet or passes any clots or tissue so if I am having a miscarriage I want to make sure it all passes. I am so sorry for both of us you were so nice and helpful on the TTC boars.
Pinkdaisy05
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Pinkdaisy05 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:40 pm

Thanks for posting Jules, I am sorry you have gone through the same thing. I am going to test again on Monday and if it's positive ask for betas.
Pinkdaisy05
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Chelsea31 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:02 am

How are you ladies doing today? Pinkdaisy- has your spotting gotten any worst or better? I'm still holding on to hope that maybe we just are one of those women that spot or bleed during pregnancy and everything can still be normal?
Chelsea31
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Pinkdaisy05 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:54 am

Chelsea, my spotting is very light. I still have never had any cramping or heavy bleeding. I really wish I had some pregnancy tests to pee on. I on,y have ovulation tests left so I peed on one and it was very positive. I know I am not ovulating so maybe I am still pregnant.

How are you doing?
Pinkdaisy05
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Chelsea31 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:07 am

They say the OPKs will turn positive if you are pregnant..I am feeling good today..no spotting nothing at all. After going to the ER Friday and having all my spotting stop the last 2 days has made me hold out hope that maybe it isn't over yet. After reading all these stories on misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com it has made me think I need to at least wait 8 weeks before just deciding it's over (assuming I don't bleed heavy by then) I should be 6 weeks Tuesday, and my us in Thursday..I'm not going to freak out if they say it doesn't look like it's developing for how far along I am because everyone is different. I do have a tilted uterus and they say u/s are not that accurate when it comes to tilted uteruses..I'm going to have blood work again tomorrow then again on Wednesday..I have my fingers crossed for you..don't give up hope yet..we might just be one of those pregnant women that spot during pregnancy :)
Chelsea31
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Pinkdaisy05 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:18 am

Chelsea-

I am at the point where if it is a MC I just want it to be over with. I am horrible at waiting. I don't know how I would manage to go though a pregnancy bleeding all the time. I do hope I did not MC but every time I use the washroom and see the blood my heart sinks. The waiting to see what is going to happen is terrible, it's eating away at me. I really hope that everything is okay with you and your little bean is okay because I know you won't be able to TTC again until your husband gets home.
Pinkdaisy05
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Chelsea31 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:34 pm

I know exactly what you mean..that's what I keep saying, if this is a MC I just want to know now and get back to healing while my husband is gone. I had slight pink spotting today..I seem to get spotting when I start doing more activity which is not good..I would hate to go through a whole pregnancy bleeding and spotting and always wondering is this it? Only time will tell..I want to m/c naturally so will see if that ends up happening or not..I already had my days of crying because I thought it was over on Wednesday..I know I will be upset if it ends up being over next week..but I know it will happen..I was so worried we couldn't get pregnant because it didn't happen in those 20 months..but now I know we CAN get pregnant, that gives me time to really get healthy while my husband is gone and do more castor oil packs (I have endometriosis) well let me know what happens tomorrow after your blood work... i'm :praying: for us!!!!
Chelsea31
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Pinkdaisy05 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:41 pm

It is so draining emotionally isn't it. I am so sorry you are dealing with this by yourself. I have had some pink spotting today as well but no cramping. I probably won't get into the dr until Tuesday but I am getting more pregnancy tests tomorrow. I really hope your US goes well on Wednesday. I few people know I as pregnant at work and I am dreading going in and having to tell them that I MC or actually don't even know what's happening.

I don't know if I am pregnant anymore, I am not as nauseous as I was but I did start vitamin B6 for it or am I just trying to find signs of the MC I am not paying attention to anything else.
Pinkdaisy05
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Chelsea31 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Well I had the same thing happen Tuesday-Thursday I felt like I wasn't pregnant anymore..My breast even got smaller and less sore during those days..then Friday my symptoms came back and everything looks "plump" again..it's so scary going through this spotting crap! I knew something was weird when I started spotting the day after ovulation! Never in my life had spotting, and I guess the ovulation caused spotting to begin with. That's why I swore I wasn't pregnant and drank on my birthday march 17..I had red blood spotting with a tiny clot on friday the 16 and on my birthday so I felt like my period was def around the corner. Then on the 18th my period still hadn't came and I took a test and it was positive..so I know I have had spotting every single day since ovulation..but when it turns back to red for a couple days that's pretty alarming. Now every time I feel a stinging throb for a few seconds it freaks me out..I just wish like you said if it's over to just be over
Chelsea31
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Chelsea31 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Well I had the same thing happen Tuesday-Thursday I felt like I wasn't pregnant anymore..My breast even got smaller and less sore during those days..then Friday my symptoms came back and everything looks "plump" again..it's so scary going through this spotting crap! I knew something was weird when I started spotting the day after ovulation! Never in my life had spotting, and I guess the ovulation caused spotting to begin with. That's why I swore I wasn't pregnant and drank on my birthday march 17..I had red blood spotting with a tiny clot on friday the 16 and on my birthday so I felt like my period was def around the corner. Then on the 18th my period still hadn't came and I took a test and it was positive..so I know I have had spotting every single day since ovulation..but when it turns back to red for a couple days that's pretty alarming. Now every time I feel a stinging throb for a few seconds it freaks me out..I just wish like you said if it's over to just be over
Chelsea31
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support