recurrent m/c blood work

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

recurrent m/c blood work

Postby sgtfish129 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Hi Ladies...

I just found out that I have a polyp in my uterus, and my recurrent m/c blood work came back. Seems I have 2 mutations of MTHFR (1 copy of C677T and one of A1298C..which is compound heterozygous. I also have a mutation for PAI-1 (heterozygous 4G variant gene). Has anyone had experience with this? Waiting to hear from my RE. Had a m/c in Feb 2012 with 2 subchorionic hematomas. Will IUI still work with these, or should we move onto IVF next? Any answers are appreciated :) I understand these are blood clotting disorders, but I guess I'm just still shocked that I even have this!
Diana (Me)-32
DH- 40
DS-14
DSS-8
DS-2
DD-6 months
February 2012: Miscarriage
Me- dx poor ovarian reserve, elevated male hormones, stage 2 endo, blood clotting disorders:PAI-1, MTHFR.
Hubby- low morphology

sgtfish129
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Birdie01 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Sorry Diana, I dont have any experience, but I just wanted to say good luck, and I hope you get your BFP soon!

:hugs:
ME (32) :hb: DH (30)
TTC#1 Since Jan 2010
*March 17th 2012* BFP *April 13th 2012* 7w5d MC :angel: *Faint BFP on May 20th 2012* Stick precious baby Stick! :praying: for my Pregnancy.

Birdie01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby unaffected » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:13 am

I personally do not have experience with MTHFR, but I read several blogs of women who have it. Some of them have had babies, and others are pregnant. I know it seems scary to get a new diagnosis, but at least it is treatable!

I just checked one blog I follow, and she had the same mutations as you (minus the PAI-1). Here is the protocol she followed on her BFP IVF cycle:

2/25/11: FET. Meds: Lupron (didn't work - caused me to stimulate, not suppress); BCPs; Estradiol patches and pills; Crinone 2x day; Medrol around transfer; Intralipids 2/17; Lovenox starting transfer day; Folgard; baby aspirin.

And here is a link to her blog, if you want to check it out:
http://manyadventuresofalex.blogspot.com/

I know that's not much, but I hope it's a little helpful!

Also, do you see an RE? What was the RE's suggestion regarding IUI or IVF? I'm not sure if IVF is completely necessary, but idk. It seems like if you were doing all the other meds, it may not be necessary. I think Lovenox is going to be the most important med for you, as it's a blood thinner. I used Lovenox due to my immune diagnosis when I was pregnant last year, and it wasn't too bad at all.

Best of luck to you! I'll be following along :)
Me (Kara): 30 DH: 30 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby sgtfish129 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:00 am

Kara..

Thank you for the information! I am def going to check out her blog...I do see an RE, which I love! He was away on vacation last week so I have to wait for him to call me today. I hate that he was away lol...I told my DH that I'm going to tell my doctor he isn't allowed to go away ever again without giving me his cell number so I can ask him questions hahahaha. Last time we spoke he said we would possibly do IVF, he was going to look at my blood work results first and then decide. So, I'm kind of in limbo right now waiting what we will be doing next. Last pregnancy we did IUI w/injections, so we will see..I appreciate you replying to my post, thank you so much!!
Diana (Me)-32
DH- 40
DS-14
DSS-8
DS-2
DD-6 months
Me- dx poor ovarian reserve, elevated male hormones, stage 2 endo, blood clotting disorders:PAI-1, MTHFR.
Hubby- low morphology

sgtfish129
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sgtfish129 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:02 am

Birdie-

Thank you...and I'm sorry for your loss :( I went through it in February at 10 weeks...it sucks, but you will be OK. Just takes time, but you will never forget! Our babies are etched in our hearts forever :)
Diana (Me)-32
DH- 40
DS-14
DSS-8
DS-2
DD-6 months
Hubby- low morphology

sgtfish129
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby michelelm » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:34 am

I'm so sorry for your losses. I was diagnosed with PAI-1 4G/4G and have been taking a baby aspirin daily with this pregnancy. My RE started me on lovenox but my body was acting weird with it so I stopped, she said it was just a precaution and from what I have been able to find out about PAI is that your body is less likely to break down a clot if you get one but it doesn't necessarily increase your risk of your body to create a clot. I'm not sure what adding in the MTHFR does? I've also been taking Neevo DHA prenatal vitamins which is a special kind of folic acid prenatal that will bypass absorption issues for people who have MTHFR - you might want to ask about taking that?

DD was conceived with Clomid/HCG/IUI and this pregnancy was Clomid/HCG
DD: My first miracle - born 12/22/2008 - after 8 years TTC (Clomid/HCG trigger/IUI)
DS: My rainbow baby - born 5/3/2012 (Clomid/HCG trigger)

:angel: early loss January 2010
(conceived naturally)
:angel: DS - Late Missed MC July 2010
17 weeks, Down Syndrome (conceived naturally)
:angel: Missed MC - October 2010
9weeks, girl Turner's Syndrome (conceived naturally)
:angel: Blighted Ovum - April 2011
9weeks (Clomid)

RPL Testing Dx PAI-1 4G/4G, levels are normal

My Blog: http://www.tryingagainajourneyoflove.blogspot.com
michelelm
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support