5wks after mc and still bleeding..when will it end?

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

5wks after mc and still bleeding..when will it end?

Postby nevergivingup » Thu May 31, 2012 6:17 am

Hi ladies, well its been 7-8wks since my 2 early m/c and 5wks of bleeding. I really feel like im losing my mind here. My last m/c was @ 12 wks and i bled for 5wks after that m/c too. But i figured since i did this mc naturally i wouldnt bleed as long but i am. Im reading other ladies forum that they only bled for like 1-2wks after they m/c naturally and here i am going on 6wks, although i know everyone body handles m/c differently. I feel like crying bc everyday i hope and pray its going to stop but it dosent, matter of fact ever since i released a clot this past Sunday the blood has gone from dark browinsh black to pure red as if fresh blood from my cycle. I know this is part of a m/c but i wouldve felt so much better if the blood wasnt soo red. I feel like im crying inside but no one knows it. Im trully waiting patiently but i feel like hiding everyday while in the process...but all i can do is wait :cry:

Me (26) DH (31) :love:
M/C 02/27/2012 @ 12 wks :angel2:
M/C 05/04/12 @ 5wks :angel2:
M/C 08/10/12 @ 7wks :angel2:

Finally God has given us a baby; Baby Tyler born 02/26/2013. Mommy n Daddy never been more in love Thanking only God
nevergivingup
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby halifax41 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:36 am

Sounds like you had a small amount of retained tissue, the prolonged bleeding and brownish color would be suggestive of such. That tissue was likely the clot you passed on Sunday, which was keeping you bleeding, hopefully now your bleeding will settle down properly and you can get back on track. I had retained tissue with one of my M/C and had extended darker bleeding with that one, all resolved quickly after that tissue was passed. Fingers crossed for you.
Me- 46 DH- 45 DS 1
:angel: girl on July 2008 at 19 weeks, Triploidy.
:angel: May 2010 MM/C @11 weeks
Aug 2010 "chemical"
:angel: October 2010 M/C @ 7 weeks.

:angel: :angel: Feb 2011 MM/C @ 10 weeks, this time twins.
July 2011 "chemical"
+HPT Sept 27/2011
Finally success, baby boy arrived June 08/2012, born after 37 hours of labor and unexpected c-section.
halifax41
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nevergivingup » Thu May 31, 2012 11:16 am

]**SORRY MINOR CHANGE*** I just recieved a call from my OB and she informed me that i have finished bleeding from my m/c 3wks ago, when i went in 3wks ago and told her that the red blood has stopped but i was having on and off a day or two of brown spotting then nothing one day then the next day stringy light brown cervical mucus and then nothing again but no red blood in between or on those crazy days. And then i released a clot on Sunday. But still no red blood or anything Monday. And then come Tuesday(yesterday) here comes bright red blood just like my AF no more clots or anything, just thin watery really red blood like AF. An i told her about the sudden cramps i had that i didnt have since the beginning of this mc which were like 5wks ago and she informed me that those were my menstrual cramps, bc after 2days of Aleve they dissappeared and never returned and here comes AF. Also correction my m/c begin failing at the end of April 20th but i didnt count that bc i didnt know i was prego until i went in an got my beta done whic was May 1st and then i counted from then bc it was decreasing the next days i went in and my hcg levels went down to 0, 5wks ago, thats y i couldnt understand y i was still bleeding. But my OB informed me that my mc was complete and it was time for my AF to show herself since i havent had any relations with my DH to hinder it, bc it has been 6wks since my m/c. Sorry so long i didnt want to give you the wrong story bc i really thought i was bleeding for 5wks now but to find out im not. THANSK YAL LADIES SOOO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING AND ALL THE SUPPORT, I TRULY BELIEVE YAL ARE GODS ANGELS.THANK U!!

Finally God has given us a baby; Baby Tyler born 02/26/2013. Mommy n Daddy never been more in love Thanking only God
nevergivingup
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nevergivingup » Thu May 31, 2012 11:18 am

CONGRATS HALIFAX!!! IM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! UR HAVING A BOY, AND UR ALMOST THERE!!! I TRULY HOPE I HAVE A BOY FO RMY FIRST, BUT AT THIS RATE, I'LL JUST BE HAPPY IF I GET ONE HEALTHY TO GO ALL THE WAY WITH ME. AGAIN CONGRATS GURLIE!!!

nevergivingup
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support