Doc said it was a miscarriage but it stopped so suddenly

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Doc said it was a miscarriage but it stopped so suddenly

Postby beckyrae88 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Hey ladies, I'm in a state of extreme confusion and I seriously don't want to get my hopes up. Last night I had sever cramping and lost a bit of blood that was bright red then it went dark red. I only had periodic blood loss for about 6 hours, I bled three times. I would say it would have soaked a pad if I had been wearing one. At the hospital they did a urine test and told me I was pregnant (I didn't know prior to that) after retracing my cycles I determined I was about 5.5 weeks along. The doc did a pelvic exam and looked at my cervix. He said that it was "quite possible that I was definitely miscarrying" and to expect a week or so of what would feel like a heavy period.

My last bleed was before bed and it was dark red. There were small spots on my pad in the morning. I had no more cramping that night or today and no more blood loss at all today. In fact I feel fine except for the lingering pregnancy symptoms. But I feel like I'm still pregnant. My uterus feels full and heavy, I'm tired, I was almost sick to my stomach this morning, my food aversions are still present, crazy enotions and I had a very strong positive hpt this morning. The hormone line was darker than the test line!

We live in a small town and have no ultrasound machine here and blood work has to be sent away so I won't know anything about my blood work for a few more days. Should I just keep testing every other day and try to take it easy (as best I can since I have to work a lot this next week) and treat myself as though I'm still pregnant?
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
Expecting #3 September 2017
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Doc said it was a miscarriage but it stopped so suddenly

Postby beckyrae88 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:13 pm

I should add that I'm also very bloated and have been since the suspected miscarriage started yesterday at 3pm. The bloating is low and feels heavy, I look pregnant now. It hasn't gone down since it started but all the pain has gone away.
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC in Florida » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi beckyrae, I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through.

I went through a very similar experience about six weeks ago. I also did not know that I was pregnant at the time. My period had been a no-show for about two months but I kept getting negative urine tests. Finally I went in for a blood test and as luck would have it that same day I started bleeding. When the blood work came back three days later they said I was pregnant, but by then I had already miscarried (which was confirmed by a second blood test five days later). My first test showed HCG level 822, and five days later it dropped to 2.

My miscarriage was not very painful or heavy. The amount of blood could have filled maybe three regular tampons, tops. It was lighter than my normal periods and I didn't think it was enought blood to lose the pregnancy, but it was. After the bleeding stopped I did continue to cramp and pass other tissue and fluid for several days. Then, about two weeks later, I started to bleed again and it was much heavier. After that I finally felt back to normal. Now I'm back to trying for a baby again.

I don't mean to discourage you or cause you to lose hope, I just wanted to share my experience. When it happened to me I scoured the web looking for answers or for someone to say they had been through something similar. I really hope for you that it works out for the best and you don't lose the pregnancy.

When this happened to me, the nurse consoled me by reminding me that early miscarriages are fairly common and there is no reason to believe that there is anything wrong with me or my husband. Actually, it shows than I'm definiteltly ovulating and my husband's little swimmers are working, so hopefully a healthy pregnancy is just around the corner.

Lots of good vibes and prayers for you. Please feel free to ask any other questions I'm glad to share my experience if it might help.
Me & DH: 27 * Anniversary: 12.28.08 * TTC for one year before BFP!

TTC in Florida
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby beckyrae88 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:57 am

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am so sorry for your loss, I never understood how emotional this could be until I experienced myself. I guess I just wish that it would speed up and finish so I don't have to have these pregnancy symptoms anymore. It's so bittersweet and heart wrenching to wake up every day and get a BFP HPT and have the swollen boobs and frequent urination and all those other fun symptoms that I so desperately wanted. I wish and pray with all my might that the doctor was wrong because he couldn't do a thorough diagnosis, he even seemed partially unsure himself. But in my heart I feel like it truly is over and I am so sad. More sad than I've ever felt in my life. My birthday is in 3 days, I was hoping to have a happy one this year, but I'm afraid this will be saddest one yet :cry:

I have to work all day today and I feel like if I had a choice I wouldn't go, but it's going to be so busy and they need me. Maybe the distraction will be just what I need.

~babydust to you and your DH~
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC in Florida » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:05 am

How are you feeling becky? I hope that physically the pain isn't too bad and emotionally you are holding up as well. Best wishes for the new year, I hope it brings you good health and lots of happiness to make up for this sad loss.

TTC in Florida
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby beckyrae88 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:49 am

I'm feeling a bit crazy to be honest. After scouring thousands of pages on the internet to do with bleeding during early pregnancy and the signs of miscarriages, I've further confused myself and now I'm afraid I've given myself false hope. I've taken a pregnancy test every day just to see if the line gets fainter and it hasn't. My boobs continue to be sensitive, I pee all the time, I'm so gassy and bloated, I'm starving like you wouldn't believe but only want salty foods. I know that these are all due to the pregnancy still being in my uterus and if I am indeed losing it then the clots will start passing soon. However, since the initial episode I haven't had any more cramping and the bleeding was only light spotting when I wiped for the past 4 days. Now it's day 5 and the bleeding did get a bit heavier in the night, soaked half of a little panty liner. But no clots or tissue and no cramping or back pain.

I'm just waiting for it happen and it seems like it never will and now I'm paranoid that maybe it isn't a miscarriage and only a "threatened miscarriage" and that it could still be a viable pregnancy. I made a doc appointment for today to hopefully find out what my hcg levels were 5 days ago and get more blood work done. Still won't know for sure for another week probably unless I start to pass tissue, in which case I will know that it's a miscarriage.

Every pregnancy is so different and so unique, some woman have bleeding and spotting throughout their whole pregnancies, some just have early pregnancy bleeding that makes them worry they may miscarry, some do miscarry, but others go on to have healthy babies. I'm just really disappointed that the doc who saw me didn't give me any other info about what I might expect, he just said to expect a heavy period with heavy cramps, so I have been expecting that and it hasn't happened. Ahhhhh!! I'm starting to wish I would just get a negative hpt, at least that would be a definitive answer. So twisted, before I was desperately wanting a positive hpt and now that this is going on I really just want some answers and getting a negative hpt would be an answer. :shock:
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby beckyrae88 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:10 am

Got my betas back, they're dropping. Doctor said my miscarriage should be complete by monday. Didn't pass any clots or tissue and my cervix wasn't open, so I guess all miscarriages are unique and different too. I'm ready for this to be over so we can try again!
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC in Florida » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:52 am

I'm so, so sorry Becky Rae. I'll say a prayer for you and definitely hope your pain will ease soon. I think you deserve a totally calm weekend if you can swing it -- pick up your favorite ice cream, watch some good movies, and get your hubby to make dinner. You should try to stay calm and relaxed as much as possible so your body can heal. Best wishes for you and lots of sticky babydust in the future.

TTC in Florida
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby beckyrae88 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 am

Thanks for listening and offering kind words. It wasn't physically painful at all. If I hadn't know I was pregnant I would have thought it was a longer and much lighter period. I am having a hard time accepting that I should wait a cycle to try again. I want to try again now. I'm not sad over the miscarriage anymore, instead what makes me sad is I don't get the chance to relive the excitement of trying until another month or so has gone by :( I want my baby now!!
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby beckyrae88 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:02 am

Update: Had my ultrasound yesterday and the tech wouldn't tell me anything, she said the radiologist had to read the results and would send it to my doctor. Anyways, I had no clue what to look for on the screen but I paid attention to what she was labeling and my heart skipped beat when I saw her type in fetal pole. After googling fetal pole I've now learned that it's only detectable at 6 weeks of gestation and I had already miscarried at 5 weeks, so wouldn't the fetal pole have not developed yet? Also, if the pregnancy had survived I would be 6 weeks and 3 days today. What does this mean?? I'm not holding out hope that the pregnancy is still alive, I can't have my emotions played with anymore. I just don't think something is right. My boobs are still big and swollen with tender nipples and I'm still getting a high bbt of 98.6 every morning. hpt still reads positive. I don't know whats going on and I won't know until friday. The waiting is killing me!!
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTC in Florida » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 am

Well if your HPT are still positive than I can't see how you could have miscarried yet! That all sounds so confusing, I sure hope they don't keep you waiting for too long! GOOD LUCK!

TTC in Florida
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby beckyrae88 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:15 pm

Yes, yes it is VERY confusing. It's 11 days past the first day of the bleeding and 4 days since the bleeding stopped. But my hormone levels did fall from 473 to 250 over the course of a week so something must have happened. I can't wait till friday, I'm going to call and see if I can get in tomorrow.
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby beckyrae88 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:23 am

My temp dropped .4 degrees yesterday morning and still had a faint positive hpt, then this morning it dropped another .3 degrees and just like that I got my period and a negative hpt. Went to the doc, my hormone levels were at 11 yesterday and my ultrasound report came back with nothing left in my uterus, so I'm back to normal now and the doc gave us the go ahead to try again! DH and I have a good track record with getting pregnant on the first try (unfortunately the last try ended in miscarriage) so I am extremely hopeful that I will pregnant again this month! Should O on around the 22nd, I'm so happy to be back in the game!!
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bevansbunch » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm

I am glad that you are over the physical miscarriage and are able to TTC conceive again...sounds like an emotional roller coaster!!! I wish you the best in your TTC efforts this month :) I O'd on the 22nd this month also, so we should be testing around the same time. We are trying for #3, suffered a loss at 11w 4months ago...heres to both of us getting our :bfp:!
:babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :fertilization: :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :sticky: :sticky: :sticky: :sticky: :sticky: :sticky: :sticky:
Ashley = 26
Travis = 38
MC 09/16/12 - Lost our sweet pea at 11 wks

03/02/13 BPF :D
04/11/13 9w2d :hb: 170BPM and a wiggling peanut on scan!
04/29/13 11w6d :hb: 160BPM and measuring two days ahead :)
05/13/13 13w6d FELT BABY KICK!!!! 2 times in a row ;)
06/25/13 20w Its a BOY!!! Healthy :hb: 143BPM
bevansbunch
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby beckyrae88 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, that must have been devastating :(

I'm fortunate my mc was so early and so short and that I didn't know I was pregnant before it happened. Well I actually am just O'ing now so this weekend should be it for us. I'm pretty confident we'll conceive again right off the bat since that's what always happens for us. AF due on Feb. 10. Maybe this will be the happiest Valentine's day ever for both of us! FX for you and loads of :babydustb: to both of us!!
me- 29
DD- 10
DS- 3
beckyrae88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support