miscarried 8x no hope

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

miscarried 8x no hope

Postby lilNugget07 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:07 am

I have been trying to have my first child since 2008. My first four mc were with my ex. He refused to even take me to the Dr because we were visiting his family for Xmas and didn't want to take time away from that. The next three went the same way. The Dr I had at the time said I couldn't get any help or testing till I'd had at least 4 mc. During my 3rd one of the nurses stood outside my room and trash talked me because I wanted more help from medical professionals than "o after a few more we MIGHT help u." So I basically went thru those alone with no help from anyone. And then I met my wonderful husband! He has been so supportive. Togeather we have been to all sorts of Drs to try to fix this. I've had surgery, done all sorts of life changes, quit smoking and caffeine. Taken Clomid and progesterone. And in the three yrs we have been together it hasn't changed a damned thing. I've had four more mc. The last about a week ago. I'm to the point of giving up. I feel certain now that I will never hold my child in my arms. I don't have any hope left. All the testing I've had says I'm just fine. But I can't carry a baby. I feel like I'm going to spend the rest of my life with my nose pressed to the glass, watching everyone else with their families. Always on the outside looking in, wanting but never getting to have. I'm pretty sure I'm finally giving up, its hopeless. :angel:
TTC since 2008
Mc 8x
1mc Dec 22, 2008
2x Apr, Sep, 2009
2x 2010
1x2011
1x Nov 2012
1x Jan 25 2013
lilNugget07

Re: miscarried 8x no hope

Postby darlingdixie51 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:38 am

I can't imagine going through that many losses. I am "lucky" in that I only had to suffer through two before this pregnancy (which seems to be the one).

I went through the testing and the hours of no sleep and being told everything was okay until my RE finally decided it was time to run the chromosomes. I was found to have a balanced chromosome translocation. It's something that apparently never causes a problem until you try to have children. At that appointment I was given options of IVF with genetic testing or embryo adoption, but that I would never be able to conceive naturally because the odds were a million to one I would produce a healthy egg with just the right genetic makeup to survive.

So after all of that I am here to say never give up. It was one month from the point I was told I would not conceive on my own and ruling out any children because the other options would have to come out of pocket and my DH and I just don't have the funds to do that at this point that I found out I was pregnant. We even went through the "this will probably end in miscarriage so prepare yourself" speech when we went in and confirmed with my OB/GYN that I was pregnant.
darlingdixie51
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby lilNugget07 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Thank you so very much for sharing that with me, it was exactly what I needed to hear. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who has it like this. Congratulations on ur healthy pregnancy! I hope someday I get a sticky baby too!
TTC since 2008
Mc 8x
1mc Dec 22, 2008
2x Apr, Sep, 2009
2x 2010
1x2011
1x Nov 2012
1x Jan 25 2013
lilNugget07

Postby sophia22x » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:16 pm

BIG BIG HUGS TO YOU !!!!!!
I am truly sorry this have happened to you, but please don't give up !!!!
My cousin had 9 miscarriages before she finally gave birth to her baby girl.!!!! She cried day and night and was just like you at the end of her rope !!!
guess what two years later she is pregnant again with healthy baby boy !!!!
Its possible but you need to have faith . I even read an article about girl who had 18 pregnancy loses and finally was able to become a mom .
I understand the pain and disappointment that you have to put your self through, but I know it is possible to have a successful pregnancy after many miscarriages.
What surgeries did you do ??? What tests did you doctor run ???
ME -24
DH -25
11/27/12 -Chemical pregnancy :angel:
12/25/12 -chemical pregnancy :angel:
3/20/13 - missed miscarriage at 9 weeks !!!!!! :angel:
8/18/13 -BFP :)9/10/13 ultrasound 6 weeks and 4 days - beautiful heartbeat of 156 <3
11/14/13 - It's a BOY
4/16/2014- My rainbow finally crossed the earth side . Aiden was born
I had Copper IUD for 3 years and my uterus was perforated !!!!! I wish you would never had this horrible device !!!
HCG - normal uterus /clear tubes
ANA- negative (no lupus )
Trombophilic panel -Normal
Praying for a miracle !!!!!!!!
sophia22x
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby care327 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:22 am

hi i first wanted to say im so sorry for the losses you have endured =( secondly my cousin had 5 miscarriages.. n just recently gave birth to a healthy baby girl. i am not sure what the procedure is called but she basicallly had a stitch on her cervix throughout the pregnancy.
Me: Carrie 34
DH-35
DSS-16
DSS-14
DSD-12
DD in Heaven Faith Marie

Fur Baby- Snoop Dogg 5

Fur Baby Bizzy Bone 10 months

TTC #1 Since May 2012
BFP feb 17, 2013
M/C march 11, 2013 @ 6w3d
Officially diagnosed with PCOS October 2013
January 2014- New SA shows very few sperm (7) =(
April 2014- Dr. Confirms we need re-do of reversal or IVF
October 14 2014- Surgery semi-successful. Tons of healthy sperm alive n swimming!
December 2014- SURGERY SUCCESS!!!!! 89 million spermies =)
Jan 5, 2015- BFP
Jan 13, 2015- MC
March 20, 2015 BFP!
Faith Marie born into our hearts 6/24/15 at 16 weeks.( triploidy) RIP babygirl

My Ovulation Chart
care327
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MercyC » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:41 am

Care, that's called cerclage - they do it if the cause of the losses is incompetent cervix.

Darlingdixie - my first thought on reading the original post was a balanced translocation too. My DH's family carries a balanced translocation on the 13th and 14th chromosomes. Everyone in the family has managed to have one or two healthy kids, but some of them have also had 7-9 miscarriages and stillbirths. It's totally possible to have a healthy baby even if you have a chromosomal issue like a balanced translocation, but since a chromosomal abnormality is so much more likely, you basically just have to beat the odds. Some of my doctor's patients jump straight to IVF because they can do preimplantation genetic diagnosis and only implant those embryos that are chromosomally normal. DH was tested, and it turns out he's not a carrier, but we've still had 2 miscarriages for unknown reasons.
No longer TTC, but sticking around for moral support and mah friends!!
MercyC
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tammylynn1230 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:09 pm

I'm sure you have had every test under the sun ran but I just wanted to throw one out there. Have you been tested for any clotting disorders? I worked for a brief time for Hematologists and they would see women who had miscarried early several times and a lot of them had a clotting and/or bleeding disorder!

I am so sorry for your losses, I have had two miscarriages in my life time but they were 20 years apart, praying that you can find some answers and that you get your sticky bean very very soon!

Blessing to you and your family!
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rosie-o » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:49 pm

tammylynn1230 wrote:I'm sure you have had every test under the sun ran but I just wanted to throw one out there. Have you been tested for any clotting disorders? I worked for a brief time for Hematologists and they would see women who had miscarried early several times and a lot of them had a clotting and/or bleeding disorder!

I am so sorry for your losses, I have had two miscarriages in my life time but they were 20 years apart, praying that you can find some answers and that you get your sticky bean very very soon!

Blessing to you and your family!

This is me. I had 4 CP's in a row (miscarrying before 5 weeks) and was finally diagnosed with a clotting disorder. Am now on daily aspirin and got my sticky BFP the cycle I started taking it.
Me: 32
Him: 31
DD 1 : 3rd feb 2010
DD 2: Stillborn @ 20 weeks 1st March 2012
DS: 31st Aug 2013
Rosie-o
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Forthebirds » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:11 pm

lilnugget-

Have your Dr run a test to see if you have Factor V Leiden. That is what I have and I attribute my first mc to the fact that I wasnt put on asprin therapy early enough. You could be having difficulty sharing blood between the fetus due to clotting... just an idea to explore!
Hanna

Me (33) - PCOS, anovulation, only ovulate with medication
DH (32) - no issues, great swimmers!
TTC since Oct 2010
01/12 Clomid 50 mg :bfp: m/c 6w4d :angel:
08/12 Clomid 50 mg :bfp: ectopic 6w4d :angel:
Mar'13-Aug'13 (6x) IUI :bfn:
********Moving to IVF*********
November 2013- 12 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized- Two blasts transferred 11-7-13. One fully hatched, and one hatching. :bfp: !!!
Betas... 8dp5dt: 142 10dp5dt: 265 17dp5dt: 6,200
Expecting twin boys!! Coming soon, July 2014.
Forthebirds
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby tinktank » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:38 am

I am so glad you posted in an utterly selfish way, It is so nice to know I am not the only one. 3 ectopics, 4 miscarriages, my dh knows about 2 ectopics and that is it. I havent been able to talk to anyone and I am so so scared now. I want it so badly, we have been ttc for almost 8 years now. and I turn 40 next year. So I too have no hope. I cant talk to the hubby cuz he cant deal. but he still wants to try and sadly i have no friends I can talk to none of them want kids yet. and it is hard. and i am so glad I have discovered this forum, it is so good to know I am not alone. but it is hard so so SO hard. I just want to pour my heart out. and i wish i could stop crying in private, i wish i could share it all with someone, esp when AF calls in someone elses loo.
tinktank

Postby Forthebirds » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:58 am

Tink- Big hugs to you!!! It is so hard... and its normal to feel alone. But everyone on here understands what you are going through and can support you.

I am incredibly sorry for your losses. It is so unfair, but try to stay positive. This forum is great for getting your emotions out. I know I am far less crazy when I frequent the boards.
Hanna

Me (33) - PCOS, anovulation, only ovulate with medication
DH (32) - no issues, great swimmers!
TTC since Oct 2010
01/12 Clomid 50 mg :bfp: m/c 6w4d :angel:
08/12 Clomid 50 mg :bfp: ectopic 6w4d :angel:
Mar'13-Aug'13 (6x) IUI :bfn:
********Moving to IVF*********
November 2013- 12 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized- Two blasts transferred 11-7-13. One fully hatched, and one hatching. :bfp: !!!
Betas... 8dp5dt: 142 10dp5dt: 265 17dp5dt: 6,200
Expecting twin boys!! Coming soon, July 2014.
Forthebirds
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support