Misoprostol (cytotec ) Please help me !!!!!

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Misoprostol (cytotec ) Please help me !!!!!

Postby sophia22x » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:01 pm

First of all, BIG BIG HUGS to anyone who is going though pregnancy loss !!!!!!! It's devastating !!!!
Unfortunately for me , my second ultrasound confirmed my biggest fear - NON VIABLE PREGNANCY !!!! ( baby had no heartbeat ):angel:
This is my third loss and the longest I ever was pregnant ( 8 weeks ) .I really though this one is going to be a keeper. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Doctor suggested D&C , but I refuse to have any more surgeries . I have a strong feeling that I might have scar tissue in my uterus and D&C will only make it worst.
Anyway he prescribed me 3 pills of 200 mcg of misoprostol (cytotec) take orally every 6 hours, however everywhere I search most people take it vaginally .I am supper scared on top of being really confused .
Please share with me how did you take you misoprostol ( cytotec) and how your body reacted to it !!! ( in details please , There is no such a thing as TMI )
Once again I am truly sorry for anyone who is going though miscarriage !!!!! KEEP YOUR FAITH SISTERS!!!!!
ME -24
DH -25
11/27/12 -Chemical pregnancy :angel:
12/25/12 -chemical pregnancy :angel:
3/20/13 - missed miscarriage at 9 weeks !!!!!! :angel:
8/18/13 -BFP :)9/10/13 ultrasound 6 weeks and 4 days - beautiful heartbeat of 156 <3
11/14/13 - It's a BOY
4/16/2014- My rainbow finally crossed the earth side . Aiden was born
I had Copper IUD for 3 years and my uterus was perforated !!!!! I wish you would never had this horrible device !!!
HCG - normal uterus /clear tubes
ANA- negative (no lupus )
Trombophilic panel -Normal
Praying for a miracle !!!!!!!!
sophia22x
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Misoprostol (cytotec ) Please help me !!!!!

Postby HawkeyeGirl16 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:57 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs: My first pregnancy was a missed miscarriage. There was a heartbeat a 7 weeks, but the baby was measuring small. The next week, they couldn't find a heartbeat anymore and the baby had stopped growing. I was given the option of cytotec or a D&C. I chose the cytotec. I was told to insert four pills vaginally the first day and again the second morning if I didn't pass much tissue. A few hours after inserting the pills, I had pretty intense ramping followed by very heavy bleeding. It was heavy enough that I almost thought I would have to go to he ER. I also passed several large clots and tissue. Thankfully, it slowed after about an hour or two and was more like a heavy period for another two to three days. I did not use the cytotec again he second day. The bleeding eased up quite a bit the fourth day, but I still had some pretty painful cramping off and on for a couple more days. For the second week, I just had light bleeding and spotting. On day 14, I passed another big clot and didn't have anymore bleeding or cramping after that. HTH and again, I'm very sorry you're going through this.
Me: 28 DH: 30
We're TTC a little brother or sister for Mason! (Shh FB friends)
My blog: http://ttcwithpcosrpl.blogspot.com
PCOS, adenomyosis, RPL, & IC
7/09-8/10: Multiple cycles of IF medications
4/26/10 :angel: 8w3d
7/26/10 :angel: 5w0d
RPL testing: elevated anticardiolipin IgM
1/7/11: Triplet angels 19w4d due to IC Cadyn :angel: Adalyn :angel: Mikayla :angel:
5/24/11: :angel: 4w3d
6/21/11: :bfp: #5 Shirodkar cerclage & 17p
:hb: Our miracle baby Mason arrived safely 2/22/12 :hb:
October 2013: BF?
HawkeyeGirl16
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sophia22x » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 am

Thank you so much for your response. I did end up taking my pills orally but Nothing has happened!
I decided to take in my last cytotec pill vaginally (just for the hell of it) and I started spotting almost immediately. I am going back to my doctor to get a new prescription, but this time I will definitely take it vaginally. I guess doctors do not always know everything 
Going though the loss is very hard but somehow being in Limbo is even worse. Those two weeks of not knowing whether my pregnancy will be viable or not was a real torture. At least now I can grieve in peace.
Although I don’t know you personally but Looking at your signature inspires me . You have been through so much!!! I can ONLY IMAGINE HOW difficult it must have been to loose your babies, especially your tipplets at 19 weeks. I You are such a strong woman , I don’t think I would able to stay sane if I had a similar experience. How did you push your self to keep trying after so many heartbreaks??????? I am so happy you finally became a mother after so much misfortune!!!!!!!!!!!
ME -24
DH -25
11/27/12 -Chemical pregnancy :angel:
12/25/12 -chemical pregnancy :angel:
3/20/13 - missed miscarriage at 9 weeks !!!!!! :angel:
8/18/13 -BFP :)9/10/13 ultrasound 6 weeks and 4 days - beautiful heartbeat of 156 <3
11/14/13 - It's a BOY
4/16/2014- My rainbow finally crossed the earth side . Aiden was born
I had Copper IUD for 3 years and my uterus was perforated !!!!! I wish you would never had this horrible device !!!
HCG - normal uterus /clear tubes
ANA- negative (no lupus )
Trombophilic panel -Normal
Praying for a miracle !!!!!!!!
sophia22x
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby HawkeyeGirl16 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:12 am

I know what you mean about it almost being worse stuck in limbo. With my first pregnancy I had a total of three ultrasounds. I went back and forth between being hopeful and fearing a loss several times before it was finally confirmed. My second pregnancy showed awesome I initial betas, but the second one didn't rise. I was told it could be ectopic, so had to keep getting blood draws until it dropped below 5. Again, it sucked that I had another loss, but it was a relief that it wasn't ectopic and I could move on.

My triplet pregnancy was definitely the worst and full of so many ups and downs. At the beginning, I had so much bleeding and spotting that I was certain I was miscarrying. Then a 5w6d ultrasound showed three babies with heartbeats and I was shocked. I honestly thought I would still lose one or more of the babies after that ultrasound, but to my surprise I made it out of the first trimester with everything looking perfect. By 18 weeks, my MFM told me everything looked perfect and that I should start stocking up on baby supplies. I finally let my guard down at that point and let myself believe that I might actually get my happy ending. The following week, I started spotting and an ultrasound confirmed I had incompetent cervix. I was devastated, but hopeful because my MFM was willing to admit me for medication to stop contractions and try a cerclage. The medication worked and my cervix stopped changing. I was taken to the OR for the cerclage, but they noticed fresh spotting during the procedure and had to stop. Again, I started to lose hope, but was told I was stable and old stay on hospital bed rest over the weekend and we'd try the cerclage again Monday morning. There was a chance everything could still be ok. As my spinal anesthesia from the cerclage attempt was wearing off, I started to cramp again and my son was born. He lived for 20 minutes. Even after that, my doctor said that since I wasn't contracting, we might be able to keep the other two babies in until viability. Hope was renewed! Then, I started to hemorrhage. After receiving a blood transfusion, my doctor said that they had to induce me to save my life. My daughters were both stillborn from the blood loss.

We were completely devastated. When I was discharged, I just wanted to start birth control and not think about pregnancy again for a while. I really don't know when tht feeling changed, but I felt like we had come so close that surely things had to work out and I really wanted the opportunity to raise my own biological child. I had a chemical pregnancy my second round of treatments. At that point, my husband and I decided to try one last time before taking a long break to rethink things and spend time working on our relationship. That last attempt resulted in my son. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. I wouldn't really say that I kept my sanity throughout everything. In fact, I almost think that the only reason I was able to push forward with more treatments was because I was a bit insane. I almost became numb to disappointment with treatment failures. Going to the RE had become such a routine that I felt stuck in limbo again while I wasn't trying. As crazy as it sounds, I felt better trying again even when it wasn't successful. At least I was moving forward (or at least thats how it seemed). Grief caught up to me though and hit me pretty hard again during my son's pregnancy. I still grieve the loss of my babies, but it has been a little easier to deal with now and the feelings are not as intense as they once were.

Don't ever give up on your dreams of becoming a mom. There are some wonderful ladies on these boards who can support you along the way. Don't hesitate to ask questions, vent, and share your thoughts along the way. Many of us have been there and can share what helped us. Big hugs and good luck!
Me: 28 DH: 30
We're TTC a little brother or sister for Mason! (Shh FB friends)
My blog: http://ttcwithpcosrpl.blogspot.com
PCOS, adenomyosis, RPL, & IC
7/09-8/10: Multiple cycles of IF medications
4/26/10 :angel: 8w3d
7/26/10 :angel: 5w0d
RPL testing: elevated anticardiolipin IgM
1/7/11: Triplet angels 19w4d due to IC Cadyn :angel: Adalyn :angel: Mikayla :angel:
5/24/11: :angel: 4w3d
6/21/11: :bfp: #5 Shirodkar cerclage & 17p
:hb: Our miracle baby Mason arrived safely 2/22/12 :hb:
October 2013: BF?
HawkeyeGirl16
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hunnybunny23 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:05 am

hi there i am so sorry for your loss... we lost a little angel last semptember and used misoprostol, i took mifepristone to stop the placenta functioning and later that day i had some spotting that was an oral tablet. 2 days later i took misoprostol 200mg vaginally once at the hospital by the nurse and then at home the next morning. i remember it being horrible due to the fact i was losing my baby but the whole experience was quick. i had codeine to take a long side it for the pain. i started cramping when driving home in the car and about an hour after getting home the real cramps came . i guess they were like early labour contractions, i finally passed the sac which was like a red and grey mass it looked quite large and also a huge clot around the size of a grape came with it. the bleeding wasnt too heavy and seemed to taper off later that evening. i inserted the next 2 tablets the following morning but they didnt seem to do much and came out around 3 hours later but the bleeding tapered off to spotting within 2 days. i spotted for a whole month. overall if this did happen to me again i would choose this option again because it was easier than planning surgery around 2 children and accessability to the hospital.
((((hugs))))) it does get better it took me 3 whole months to finally come to terms with it and now i am pregnant again so there is hope

me:26 OH: 28
DS born: 42w1d cs 14.05.09
DD born 42w1d induced VBAC Assisted forceps 15.04.11
DS2 40w4d Spontaneous natural 2VBAC 27.10.13
hunnybunny23
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jodywood » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:55 am

I took this Misoprostol–Mifepristone drug[/url] as prescribed by my OB/GYN after confirmation of my miscarriage. Prior to taking the pill, my OB/GYN advised me to take 800mg of Ibuprofen and also gave me Lortab for pain (as needed). I took the Misoprostol at 5PM (vaginally as instructed... not orally) and the bleeding started by 9:30PM. The heaviest (large clumps) was between 12:45AM-3:00AM. I had absolutely NO PAIN and NO CRAMPING. In between changing out pads and letting the large clumps fall in the toilet, I slept. It truly wasn't nearly as unpleasant of an experience as I had anticipated. Know more about the drug here internationaldrugmart(dot)com/misoprostol-mifepristone.html
jodywood

Postby John Wharton » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:31 am

Cytotec is FDA approved medicine which contains Misoprostol as an active ingredient which is the best medicine used for termination of pregnancy up to 8 weeks. Cytotec contains Misoprostol 200mcg 4 pills which can be taken orally or vaginally as per your choice. Anyone can take this pill without any fears; it is safe and secure to use.

Buy Cytotec online
Last edited by John Wharton on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Wharton

Postby Robert Armstrong » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:28 am

Cytotec abortion pill hold Misoprostol as an active ingredient. This pregnancy termination kit hold 4 pills of Misoprostol 200mg tablets. Take 2 pills of Misoprostol tablet within 24 hours of intake of Mifeprex and remaining 2 pills must be taken within next 24 hours. There are 6, 12 and 24 hours graph must be preferable for intake.

Buy Cytotec online
Robert Armstrong

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support