ready to try again

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

ready to try again

Postby smerika » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:25 pm

I was only 6 weeks when I miscarried, and stopped bleeding today. My hubby and I are eager to try again, especially since we learned I am most fertile right after a miscarriage. I am getting conflicting sources over when to start again. I am fine emotionally, and would love to start ASAP. My OB told us to wait a full cycle, but is this just because of the date thing? When did everyone else start trying?
Me 30
DH 33
mc 3/17/13
Ds January 2014
Trying for #2
smerika
Friend

Re: ready to try again

Postby Sue De Nimm » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Smerika. Sorry for your loss. I also lost a baby at a little over 6 weeks. My doctor told me there was no reason to not try again straight away, so we did and I conceived before I got my period again. I think they tell you to wait a month for the dating reason.
ME - 33 DH - 38 DS - Nov 2011
NTNP since August 2012, TTC #2 since November 2012
BFP 22 Jan 2013 @ 15DPO, :angel: 7 Feb 2013 @ 6+3
BFP 5 Mar 2013 @ 12DPO
Our little girl due 15 Nov 2013

My Ovulation Chart
Sue De Nimm
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: ready to try again

Postby MercyC » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Everything I've read and what my old OB said is that they just like to see you wait for the dating issue (haven't talked to my new OB about my latest mc). I think it's total bunk because if you're temping you can date the pregnancy from O, and even if you're not temping, your first ultrasound is fairly accurate for dating purposes. I'm trying again right away, I haven't had AF yet, 6 weeks after my mc, and I'm testing again tomorrow.
No longer TTC, but sticking around for moral support and mah friends!!
MercyC
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support