6 months since my ERPC..any hope ?

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

6 months since my ERPC..any hope ?

Postby Kit0104 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:07 am

I had an ERPC last October when I was three months along. Had never heard of a blighted ovum before. We had been trying for nearly two years at that point (although we had a few months break in between as my lovely Mother died). Found out in Jan last year that I had a polyp in my womb that was acting like a contraceptive. I had an operation to remove it and was pregnant by the third cycle of trying after that. We were so happy ! I keep reliving the moment the pregnancy test came up positive. We have tried for five months since and I'm still not pregnant. This month I was so hopeful but I feel now that my period is coming again. I've just turned 39 and I am terrified that it will never happen. Our baby would have been due next month. We named her Hope. I still cry all the time. I feel so lost. I have put my trust in God but it is very difficult. Just don't know what to do. I am had blood tests done last week and my doctor doesn't seem concerned at all. Can anyone out there offer me some hope ?
Kit0104
Friend

Re: 6 months since my ERPC..any hope ?

Postby noahsuperman » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:58 pm

sorry for your loss. are you going to an RE? have you had any testing? iui's? is ivf out of the question?
me 36, dh 36, ds 8 TTC #2 since october 2007
Feb 2011 #1 iui BFN
Mar 2011 BFN
Apr 2011 #2 iui BFN
May 2011 #3 iui BFN
Back in the game 2013!
Mar 2013 #4 iui BFP! :angel: 4-9-13
April 2014 first IVF. BFN
May 2014 surprise BFP!
beta 300.7
4days later beta 1129!
first u/s 6-25-14 :angel:

st gerard please pray for us.
mother mary please pray for us.
life without God is like a dull pencil...it has no point.
noahsuperman
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: 6 months since my ERPC..any hope ?

Postby Kit0104 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi..thank you for your response. I just had the full results of my blood tests back and seems I have an under active thyroid. I am not overweight or anything but seems I have all the other symptoms. My reading was 7.5 and apparently for getting pregnant I should be between 1 - 2 ! I have to have more thyroid tests now but have to wait three weeks.I'm not sure if I should put ttc on hold until the next results. Not sure I can take month after month of disappointment if it is unlikely to happen. Just do scared because of my age. Thanks so much. It means a lot to know someone has read this.
Kit0104
Friend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support