Doctor confirmation of miscarriage

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Doctor confirmation of miscarriage

Postby littabuff » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:28 pm

I was able to get into my doctor today after beginning to bleed this morning at 6w4d. She was able to confirm miscarriage through ultrasound and inspection of what I was passing. I was so unprepared for the rollercoaster ride of emotions after the visit! One minute I was folding laundry, the next I was a sobbing blob laid out on the floor! I then had a desperate need to name my angel baby and collect all of the positive pregnancy tests I had saved with him/her into a little box with my baby's name on the outside. I don't know what I'm going to do with my box yet, but I just needed to do it. Now I lay here, hurting not only emotionally, but from the medicine she gave me to help my uterus "clamp down". I am just a mess right now....
littabuff
Friend

Re: Doctor confirmation of miscarriage

Postby care327 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:50 am

im so sorry for ur loss. i miscarried at 6w3d one moment i was fine next thing im at er n lost everything at one time. =(i cant say emotionally it gets easier mine was just march 11 so maybe after a while idk. but physically once everything has been passed it should only take a couple weeks to get back to feeling 'normal' good luck with everything
Me: Carrie 34
DH-35
DSS-16
DSS-14
DSD-12
DD in Heaven Faith Marie

Fur Baby- Snoop Dogg 5

Fur Baby Bizzy Bone 10 months

TTC #1 Since May 2012
BFP feb 17, 2013
M/C march 11, 2013 @ 6w3d
Officially diagnosed with PCOS October 2013
January 2014- New SA shows very few sperm (7) =(
April 2014- Dr. Confirms we need re-do of reversal or IVF
October 14 2014- Surgery semi-successful. Tons of healthy sperm alive n swimming!
December 2014- SURGERY SUCCESS!!!!! 89 million spermies =)
Jan 5, 2015- BFP
Jan 13, 2015- MC
March 20, 2015 BFP!
Faith Marie born into our hearts 6/24/15 at 16 weeks.( triploidy) RIP babygirl

My Ovulation Chart
care327
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby littabuff » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:23 am

Thank you Care so much for responding. I am so sorry for your loss! I finally took the last of the pills that are supppsed to make me cramp, so maybe the physical hurting will be over soon. Its so helpful to be able to talk to others who have been through this. Some people feel like they have to offer you some type of explanation or such along with "I'm sorry". I know they mean well, but when all is still so fresh....it hurts a little. I pray you are felling well.

Thanks!
littabuff
Friend

Postby MercyC » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:53 pm

So sorry for your loss, littabuff! It's rough going through it, but I promise with time it gets better. My first mc was brutal. It took me quite a while before I felt completely normal again. Physically I recovered quickly, but emotionally I was very unbalanced for months. I was 12 weeks, so your hormones should balance out a little faster than mine did. My recent one was 5 1/2 weeks, and I haven't had any hormonal issues hanging on past the first few weeks. Give yourself time to grieve your loss.
No longer TTC, but sticking around for moral support and mah friends!!
MercyC
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MTbaby » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 pm

So sorry hun, I had my miscarriage last week at 6w1d. My boobs even still hurt....which is just wrong! The worst thing people have said to me is "Miscarriages are common" One of my best friends even said that. It's not even worth a response because none of these people have had a miscarriage. "Be easy on yourself" my Dr. told me this last week and it stuck with me...because I was def going down the "What did I do" road.
Mtbaby
Me 34: DH 36 DD: 4.5
TTC#2
:angel: 6w1d (4/17/13)
MTbaby
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MercyC » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:15 pm

It doesn't matter if they're common, it still SUCKS! And nobody talks about it, so even though it's common, you feel incredibly alone.

I wish I'd heard your dr's advice after my first mc. I spent years blaming myself for that one.
No longer TTC, but sticking around for moral support and mah friends!!
MercyC
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shortbread » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:02 am

So sorry for your loss! I have had 2 miscarriages in the last 6 months so I know how you are feeling.... just remember there is always a rainbow behind every cloud... you will have your baby soon......
shortbread
Friend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support