Returning to a normal cycle after m/c

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Returning to a normal cycle after m/c

Postby eribear » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Good luck, Turtle! We work with the federal government a lot, so the furlough days are blasted out every once in awhile. It's a pain about the cost of living increases. My first job was in sales, so we never got an increases, and at my second company I got an annual increase/promotion. I'm hitting my one year at this job, so we'll see.....

Radkitten- we're almost on the same CD! I plan on doing lots of BD'ing leading up to some fireworks on the 4th!

Oh! Booked my appointment w/ a new doctor's office...SEPTEMBER 10th!! Guess that goes to show they're a great office if it takes that long ot get me in. I think I'll stalk them for an earlier appointment though. I just booked an annual gyn appt. Wasn't sure what else?! I did let the receptionist know I had a prior m/c and we were trying....
Proud mommy of twins xoxo
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TurtleMommaTB » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Woot! Woot! TMI Alert: Just had some very very light pink mixed in with my cm. Think the cramping and back ache are ovulation! So, looks like it's a go for BD on the 23rd!

Good luck with the job AND of course with the new OB! So happy you are able to get in somewhere good! Keep us posted on how things go with the new people. I hope you have wonderful weekend with your DH and your family, hopefully we will not be hearing too much from you. BUT if you get overwhelmed with the family and need us, you know radkitten and I will be here for you love.

Looks like things are starting to move forward in a positive direction for all of us. :) God bless y'all wonderful women.

Radkitten...what are your plans for the weekend?
Me - 35
DH - 36
Married - 5/5/2012

1 Angel baby, Arya Kathrine, MC 11 June 2013
Turtle Kid 1, BFP 29 Aug 2013, DS - Samuel Arthur, born 13 April 2014
Turtle Kid 2, BFP 6 Mar 2015, DD - Ainsley Anne, born 8 November 2015
TurtleMommaTB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby radkitten » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:15 am

Turtle - WOOOOO! Let's go ovulation! I will keep my FX for you!

Eri - Good luck with the new OB! You definitely deserve to see someone who will take your concerns seriously.

I actually have plans this weekend for once. Today we are going to a local restaurant/bar with some friends for DH's birthday for lunch. Then tomorrow we are going over to my MIL's for DH's b-day dinner with her. So should be fun! What are you ladies plans for this weekend?
Me (31) - Homozygous MTHFR A1298C, Endometriosis, Left Fallopian Tube removed
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

First ever :bfp: 5/6/13
5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 - Follicles all on the left.
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN
October 2014 - IVF #1. Retrieval October 22nd?

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TurtleMommaTB » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:26 am

That sounds like a great weekend Rad! I hope you and DH have a great time! Hopefully you won't be able to drink with him at his next b-day b/c you'll be breastfeeding :)

My DH actually doesn't have to work today so we made no plans so we could spend the day together. We will likely head outside to do something since the weather is supposed to be pretty nice (no rain and not too hot until tomorrow). Tomorrow he is working 3-11 so we'll hang out till he goes to work and I'll head over to my in-laws for dinner. Oh, and of course some BDing!

Hopefully you two hanging out with AF aren't cramping too bad and are almost done already. Get ready for your new adventure on your new cycle!!!!!!! You go to the RE next week right Rad?
Me - 35
DH - 36
Married - 5/5/2012

TurtleMommaTB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby radkitten » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:04 am

Yup I go to the RE next Tuesday morning to get my ultrasound to check my ovaries and then my clomid and decadron to fill. :D
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby eribear » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Radkitten- sounds like a fun, celebratory weekend!!

Turtle- hope you enjoyed the outdoors, I know we did!! And if you O'd/are soon, you're half way through the first normal cycle (or halfway to a BFP!!!).

AF is already out the door, so starting Sunday the BD'ing begins (next Sunday!). I told DH to be on alert!

We had a baby naming today...that wasn't too bad, considering the sheer number of small children around, but a friend kept talking about how her wedding is this Sunday (1 week away- yay!) and she's going to be pregnant in three weeks and blah blah blah. I'm happy for them if it happens, but it always makes me uncomfortable when people I'm not close with share this kind of stuff becuase they expect you to share back and when you don't typically ask- she's like have you two talked about kids? I just say we're waiting to buy a house blah blah blah. But it's like it's private thanks! Blah! I'm like a little comic character with a black cloud over her head! It's hard. Especially after what happened, these conversations make me uncomfortable.

Tomorrow is a celebratory dinner for a friend who got a promotion. Should be fun, I really like the guy/his girlfriend and we don't hang out with them enough.
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby radkitten » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Eri- See, I am that jerk that bursts bubbles in a situation like that. I think the fact that we hide how hard it is and the struggles we go through are what make women think they will get PG right away once they decide to try. So it might make me a jerk, but I overshare if people ask =p. Then again, I'm a bit jaded about it all at this point.
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby eribear » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:34 am

RK- I can imagine. I've been tempted to snap-out at this group of people when they say/do certain things. But, in general, I feel like at this point it's so new and private (just the fact that we're trying). I think all along I was convinced we'd have troubles getting pregnant. And now that we've lost one little angel, I don't want to tell people about trying because I just don't want questions along the road. My close friends know and that's all that matters. Distant friends/not so close/evil friends just don't really need to know, no matter how nosey/curious they are. What does it do for them if they know?! Nothing! Hmph.

Oh well, at least today there will be no babies or baby talk...just dating/newly married couples and a few bottles of wine! Yay!!
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TurtleMommaTB » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:16 am

Good Morning Ladies!
What is a baby naming Eri? Can't say I've ever heard of that. Sorry you had to "suffer" through having to have that conversation. I know it's tough for me to talk to one of my friends who is due in two weeks because they got pregnant first month trying and both are smokers, drinkers, and neither eats well or exercises or anything. I feel like my DH and I take all these vitamins, work out, eat 99% un processed food, etc. and we lose our first little one. I am blessed with my best friend who is like you Rad. The day before she got her results that she and her DH couldn't get pregnant they got pregnant, lol. She is always very realistic with me but reminds me that we are never promised an easy road but if it's in our hearts we will be parents.

For me, this has become such a catch 22....on one hand I want to share my story because I feel like other women could benefit from knowing they are not alone and get a realistic idea of how it works for most women. But on the other hand it is so hard to get that out of my throat because it does feel so painful and personal. I know it's crazy but there is also some shame (I NEVER thought I would say that!). I wish our society was more open about this but in the meantime I am glad to have y'all.

LOL, well, our Sat was gorgeous and sunny until we decided to leave the house and then as we were getting into our jeep it decided to start sprinkling and then just rained off an on, mostly on and heavy downpours, through the night. So, we couldn't see the supermoon. :( It's is nice and cloudy again today so I will definitely be burning off my cabin fever at the gym. Love y'all and hope you are both having a relaxing and great Sunday!
Me - 35
DH - 36
Married - 5/5/2012

TurtleMommaTB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby eribear » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:15 am

It's a Jewish ceremony where they're given a Hebrew name...I think....

Exactly- I share my story with people I can trust, but with others I feel like it's too personal and don't want pity or to be judged. Blah!

Today is beautiful! I went on a run, did some grocery shopping, stopped at a mini-arts fest and went to our favorite cheese stop...picked up some cheeese to do a wine and cheese night to start Baby Fest June-July 2013. DH should be home soon...I hope we hvae time to go to the BIG arts fest in our neighborhood, but we have a dinner tonight. An amazing/beautiful Sunday!!!

Hope your Sunday is a bit clearer & you get your SUper Moon fix tonight (I Hear it'll be bigger today...)
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TurtleMommaTB » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:07 pm

First, I meant to tell you Rad that I love your hair! So sassy! How was your DH's birthday?

Oh, that's cool. I didn't know if it was just a social thing where people got together to help name a baby that's on the way. I think I've heard of the Jewish custom though.

Sooooo happy to hear y'all are having such a great day! It's awesome that you'll have your dinner tonight to relax and not worry about all this baby stuff. Just have a glass of wine or two or three and laugh and chill. I'm very happy for your upcoming Baby Dance A Thon! Party time my girl!

The clouds have broken AND my DH got a text from his boss that he was going to be off today (one of his other co-workers put in his 2 week notice today so the schedule is going to change and suck a bit so his supervisor figured the two week notice guy could work today and my DH could have the day)....Surprise Weekend!! Now we can chill and just BD when the mood/moon rocks us, lol. Thanks for the well wishes Eri! Love ya girl!
Me - 35
DH - 36
Married - 5/5/2012

TurtleMommaTB
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby radkitten » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:37 pm

So glad you guys had a good weekend! I did too, nice and relaxed and I had a good time.

DH's b-day stuff went well. We got to see his BF we hadn't seen in ages and my MIL today which was nice.

Thanks Turtle! I got it cut last weekend to try something new, so far I love it and I get a ton of compliments =D
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby eribear » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:39 pm

I just got my hair did, too! It's the little things in life...

Turtle- that's super awesome about your surprise weekend with DH! Hope you two crazy kids enjoyed yourselves!!
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby radkitten » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:04 am

It definitely is the little things =D!

Had my RE appointment today. He is changing plans. Doing a repeat HSG tomorrow morning to check the scarring on the right side. He doesn't want me to get my hopes up if the right side is really scarred up now from my surgery. If everything is clear, he is thinking another HSG might yield me another BFP like it did last time. So FX.
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby eribear » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:03 am

FX!!!

Nothing new here. I bought some OPK's at the Dollar store today...hoping to try SMEP. Figure it can't hurt...and we'll really start on Friday with Wine & Cheese, A Wedding on Sunday, and then we'll see how it goes from there!
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support