Was I Pregnant?

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Was I Pregnant?

Postby LongviewLady » Fri May 03, 2013 8:02 pm

So, I went through something weird this week and I don't know if I was pregnant and miscarried or if something else happened. All I know now is I feel a strong sense of loss and am having a hard time bouncing back. This is what happened:

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a couple months, so I've been hyper-alert and, I'll admit, paranoid each month. This month, right around the time I was due to ovulate, I was watching a movie and had a sudden inkling/intuition that I was pregnant (hokey, I know, but I want to be honest about this). I didn't feel any nausea, soreness, or anything else until several days later. On the day I was due to start my period, nothing happened. I took a pee test that day and it was negative. Later that night, I had some pink-ish discharge so I thought I was just a little late on my period. The next day I had brown-ish discharge that was so light it was hardly noticeable. This lasted for three days. I did some reading and learned that some women get this sort of discharge when a fertilized egg implants. I also started feeling yucky that day, not pukey just kinda unwell. The next morning I was going to take another pee test but I had quite violently started my period. It was very heavy, dark, and there was clotting in it. The cramps were terrible, I've never experienced them that bad before. I felt a huge sense of loss and cried all day.

I don't know if I just got myself worked up and that's why I feel so bad or if I'm operating on instinct. I do know that I feel pretty guilty about whining about this. I don't even know if I was really pregnant and even if I was, it was only for a few days at most. I have no right to complain, but I feel so sad. I can't let it go. Was this a miscarriage or am I just being over sensitive and ridiculous? I don't know if this is really the appropriate place for this conversation, but I have no one to ask about it and I need some closure. I hate not knowing what happened. Thanks for your thoughts.
Me-27, DH-35, TTC #1 since March 2013!
LongviewLady
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Was I Pregnant?

Postby Wahine » Sat May 11, 2013 4:47 am

I had an experience like this a few months ago. I was a few days late and then when i got my peroid it was very heavy and clotty. I went to the gyno and he couldn't find the egg sack, but by the. It could have also been expelled. He said perhaps my lining was extra thick that month and so it was extra painful...the good news is that the following month I conceived. I hope you have the same luck!
My Ovulation Chart<br />
TTC from Jan 2012
Me 37 DH 36
4 MC
LMP 9 Mar : baby for Christmas!
Wahine

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support