Feeling down & need some advice !!

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Feeling down & need some advice !!

Postby Ashley1025 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Hello all, I am new to this site. I needed a place where I could just vent my feeling and get some advice.. Let me take a minute and tell you my story. I am 25 years old, and recently started trying to have a baby with my husband of 5 years. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 21. I went to a fertility clinic about 2 months ago, they put me on 50 mg of Clomid along with 400 mg of progesterone. I found out after the two week wait that I was pregnant. I carried to about 6 weeks, woke up one morning with some heavy bleeding. I went in for blood work and everything looked okay. As soon as I got my ultrasound, there was nothing there. After more blood work was done, I found out that I did indeed miscarry which was three days ago. ( June 20th). I never knew I could honestly feel this sad, I am heartbroken. I did get af this morning. I know my husband wants to try again this month and I do to. I just don't know if I can emotionally handle another miscarriage. Has anyone else tried right after??
Ashley1025

Re: Feeling down & need some advice !!

Postby Sen » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:26 am

Hi Ashley, sorry to see you here (and with no replies yet!).

Yes, I know all to well about the heartbreak of miscarriage and loss!
Personally, although feeling very sad, DP and I TTC again right away. We caught the egg the cycle after my first real AF post m/c. A lot of women fall pregnant quickly after a m/c (the body is very fertile) but, not every one is mentally and emotionally ready.

The best advise I can give is to go with your heart. When you feel that you could potentially face another M/C, thats when to TTC again. Hopefully another m/c won't happen though :D

Good luck! x
Charlotte (34) DF (23) DS1 (2)
'One n Done' for now.

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic & Left-Side Salpingectomy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013
Sen
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby radkitten » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:12 am

I am so sorry for your loss hun. I didn't have a M/C, I had an ectopic, but I am TTC right away. The idea of something tragic happening again scares me, but I think it always will now. So I am back at it already. I think the only thing that will truly make me feel better is to be holding my baby at the end. I think until that moment I will be on edge.

Like Sen said though, I think you just need to follow your heart and do what you feel is right. Take as much or as little time as you feel you need.
Me (31) - Homozygous MTHFR A1298C, Endometriosis, Left Fallopian Tube removed
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

First ever :bfp: 5/6/13
5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 - Follicles all on the left.
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN
October 2014 - IVF #1. Retrieval October 22nd?

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ashley1025 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Thanks for the responses.. So sorry for everyone's loses.. I went back to the doctors today, hoping for some good news, but I have to wait another month to try again. I was feeling okay about trying again, but today has been hard for me. I found out my cousin is pregnant and due in February, which is when I was due.
Ashley1025

Postby nevergivingup » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi and so sorry for your loss, my heart is sad for you. I know how you're feeling, I don't have pcos but I had 3 m/c and I wanted every one of them, for it was easy for me to conceive but the hard part was keeping them and loss after loss I wasn't going to give up, I wanted to give my DH a child bc God promised it to us. Well after the first loss I tried right after I finish bleeding from my 12 wk m/c that ended in an DNC. And surprisingly I got prego right after I DTD but I lost that at 6 weeks. Then we waited that 1 month for AF to come she came right after I finish bleeding from my natural m/c and not soon after we DTD and conceived yet again and Thanking God he is here today but sadly we loss his twin which s/he heart stopped beating at 6 weeks. But my rainbow baby heart was still pumping away!!! And he is right here in front of me cooing and baby talking away. I know it was only Gods grace and Mercy that he is here today Only God! Good Luck ma'am. Everything happen bc God allows it not bc you wait a cycle or a year or if you start right away. It's all in Gods Hands not ours or medicine or time! FX for you!!

Me (26) DH (31) :love:
M/C 02/27/2012 @ 12 wks :angel2:
M/C 05/04/12 @ 5wks :angel2:
M/C 08/10/12 @ 7wks :angel2:

Finally God has given us a baby; Baby Tyler born 02/26/2013. Mommy n Daddy never been more in love Thanking only God
nevergivingup
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support