confused... testing for recurrent MCs...

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

confused... testing for recurrent MCs...

Postby redneckgurl26 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:47 am

I had my third d&c July 18th after 2 U/S's found no heartbeat and baby measuring 8 weeks 4 days gestation. My ob sent some of the tissue off for chromosomal testing to be preformed on the baby. I'll get those results in 2 to 4 weeks. I have my post-op follow up appointment tomorrow morning at 11. I know they are planning on having me do some testing. I am just super confused on what I should make sure they test for and what needs to be checked. I don't know if there are any procedures I need to ask be preformed. This has been so much for me to take in in such a short amount of time. I got my BFP July 8th (estimation 13 weeks), U/S showing no heartbeat July 14th (beta 40,000) & 15th and d&c performed July 18th. I have found it difficult to deal with knowing that when I found out I was actually pregnant the baby had already past away and became one of Gods cherished angel babies. I can't help but wonder if I could have done something different to have changed this outcome. I know it wasn't my fault but I can't help but think that, ya know?

If any if you ladies have any suggestions on anything you think I should ask about tomorrow during my appointment feel free to let me know. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm completely at a loss with all of this.
Me - 27
DBF - 32

02-2007 :angel: (blighted ovum)
07-2007 :angel: (baby passed @ 8 weeks)
07-2013 :angel: (baby passed @ 8+4)
12-2013 :angel: (blighted ovum)

My Ovulation Chart
redneckgurl26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: confused... testing for recurrent MCs...

Postby redneckgurl26 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Will be going Aug 20th for my blood test results and hoping to have chromosomal results back on the baby then as well. I am praying we can figure out what's going on.
Me - 27
DBF - 32

02-2007 :angel: (blighted ovum)
07-2007 :angel: (baby passed @ 8 weeks)
07-2013 :angel: (baby passed @ 8+4)
12-2013 :angel: (blighted ovum)

My Ovulation Chart
redneckgurl26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: confused... testing for recurrent MCs...

Postby Itskels » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Hello.... I've been through a similar experience .. I had a miscarriage in 2011 and one this year in April... I finally went to a doctor regarding this situation last Friday... I went in for my pap and for blood work on Friday and on Sunday I went in for a ultrasound...

I'm also confused as to all the testing step... I honestly was to scared to try again... but the doctor is encouraging me to try again so I am giving it a shot this cycle...

I have an appointment on Friday I'm hoping to get some insight as to what is causing this ...

It;s so frustrating... It shouldn't be this difficult

I have read stories of girls who have many miscarriages and then they get a viable pregnancy..

How did your appointment go?
Itskels
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support