Never thought I'd have to post on here :(

Support for anyone experiencing a miscarriage or looking for support from others who have been there.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Never thought I'd have to post on here :(

Postby CarlyRose3 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Well, after getting my BFP July 25th it would appear as though my hopes of having a spring baby have come and gone :( I had an u/s done last Tuesday and instead of being eight weeks along like my lmp would indicate I am, I was only five weeks. The tech refused to tell me how far along I was only that it was "a lot less than eight weeks". I unfortunately had to wait eight days for my doctor to see me even though I was told he would have the results in 2-3 days. I went in this morning fearing the worst. After eight days of googling women saying they measured a lot less and had m/c I was preparing myself to be told there was no hope. He said it was entirely possible I had ovulated later than expected since I have such irregular cycles and that perhaps my lmp was incorrect in dating the pregnancy. So he sent me immediately in for another u/s and said if there was progression I would have another one ten days from now to see what was happening. I would've been six weeks and one day today. I went in for the u/s and could kind of see the screen. It appeared to only show an empty sac so I asked the tech if I could see the screen, mostly to have some piece of mind. Her agreed and showed me and there was definitely only a sac. The worst part besides the m/c is that DF is working outta town for the next seven weeks so while I at least have some support here at home, he's got no one where he is. My doctor did tell me there was nothing that could've been done to prevent it and unfortunately sometimes these things happen. He seemed confident I'd get pregnant again. It's just hard knowing we had tried for 14 months and finally got a BFP only to have it end like this. Now I'm just waiting for the m/c to actually start. I've had no spotting, cramping, or pain so far which makes it that much harder because I still feel pregnant. Still have nausea this morning, bbs still hurt, I'm tired, I have to pee all the time. Just so frustrating. I opted to have it happen natural which he said could take up to a month :( so hard. I know there's nothing I could've done but it doesn't make it any easier. I'm just so thankful for this entire site. I've gotten so much support these past 14 months from complete strangers. It just fills my heart so much to know there's so many women out there going through the same things. Makes me feel less alone.
CarlyRose3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Never thought I'd have to post on here :(

Postby delightfuldoula » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:54 pm

that's rough.
I went into the ER at 9wks 3 days because my lower back hurt and I was spotting but I had had both with previous pregnancies I went in just wanting an ultra sound to give me piece of mind because I had not yet heard a heart beat on my home Doppler and with my previous pregnancy I heard it at 8 weeks. I had a fear that I might have lost the baby but at the same time I had had 5 healthy babies and pregnancies and never a loss before. When I went in to for the ultra sound the tech was nice enough just to out front tell me that it was not a viable pregnancy. I had to wait 3 days for the bleeding to start 4 days later I passed a huge amount of blood and tissue and then 5 days after that more tissue and 18 days later I am still spotting, my nipples are still sensitive and I can still get a faint bfp on a pregnancy test. I hope you get some help and support.
Me 30 DH 35
Vasectomy July 29/2009
Reversal Dec 19, 2011

DD JULY 11 2006
DS Sept 13 2007
DD Nov 29 2008
DD Jan 17 2010

DS Nov 29 2012
DD July 11, 2014
Angel baby Aug 9 2013
delightfuldoula
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rainbowbaby » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:15 am

very sorry for your loss:( very similar story for me too :(
US at 6 weeks showed an empty sac, was told possible blighted ovum.
my betas keep going up but were pretty low
US at 7 weeks showed a baby measuring 6 weeks no HB, i was full of hope.
US 8 weeks showed a baby no HB and it was measuring 5.3 weeks, still hoping...
next beta declined and i knew it was over :cry:
lost my angel baby at 9.4 weeks naturally.
im no longer bleeding, bit of spotting and just recently my HPTS are negative.
take care sweety x it sucks!!!!
rainbowbaby
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MEL66325 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:48 am

I am so sorry for what you're going through. The miscarriage club isn't any fun and my heart goes out to you all. :hugs:
ME - 37 DH - 40
DS1- 11
8/12/13 - :angel: (MMC 11 weeks; D&C) My angel, forever in my heart and always on my mind, Mommy loves you...can't wait to meet you in Heaven!
4/22/14 - :bfp: our rainbow baby
8/12/14- It's another BOY!
DS2- Owen Lane arrived 1/2/2015 :baby tumble:

Will we have another?? Praying for God's will and following His direction for our lives. We shall see!
MEL66325
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby angelmommi2 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:09 am

i think im having a miscarriage..Betas were 5 13DPO, 11 15DPO, and 9 21DPO... ive never gone thru this and i feel like i want to curle up and hide.. all i can think about is how unfair my life is.. selfish i know but sadly how i feel.
angelmommi2

Postby laina0605 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:15 am

angelmommi2 - it's always difficult realizing what's happening...I've been through it twice now and most recently last week. It's important to take the time to cry and grieve the loss. The hardest part for me it actually going through the motions and seeing the bleeding...I seem to fell much better once that part is over. It lasted about a week both times for me. It's going to be different for everyone and you will deal with it in your own way. I like to hop on and try again right away while I know others need some extra time. If you need to chat I'm here :) Hugs to you while you go through this difficult time.
Carrie (34-PCOS)Jeff(38-no issues)
M/C - Sept 2011 at 6 weeks
DD-July 11, 2012
M/C - Oct 2013 at 6+3 weeks
DS- August 5, 2014
laina0605
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby B Michaelson » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:51 am

I am sorry you are going through this hun. :hugs:
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby angelmommi2 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:31 pm

thank you both.. so sorry any of us have to be apart of this kind of club, but i agree lan, spotting started this afternoon, but nothing else.. i hate it and i want it to hurry up and b over.. id b ok if everyone but me had kids, or are pregnant and tomorrow ima hide from the world because im already feeling sorry for myself...thanks soo much tho.. one day at a time ..
angelmommi2

Postby Goingbananas » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:53 am

This is so sad. I'm sorry you ladies are having to go through this.

I finally got my bfp after ttc for two years. Went and had my first beta at 12dpo. My number was 9. Went agan at 14dpo and it went down to a 7. :( The bleeding started the next morning so I at least didn't have to suffer with wondering for too long, but it didn't make it any less heartbreaking.

This happened almost a week ago now and I'm still having some spotting. Dh and I have decided to take a break for now, but I'm torn because I really wanted to have a summer baby, but I guess at this point any baby would be a miracle. :|
Me, Kerri, 27
DH, 32, tested and found to have no sperm

11/13/08 My beautiful daughter was born from a previous relationship.
Sept. 2011 Married DH and started TTC
9/13/2013 First IUI using doner = BFN
10/9/2013 2nd IUI bfp!
10/25/2013 my little one grew wings at 4 weeks 1 day.
Goingbananas
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Miscarriage, Ectopic, and Pregnancy Loss Support